Christmas Holidays

pinkgirlmommy

Mouseketeer
We visited WDW for the first time the week before Spring Break and now I have the Disney bug! Unfortunately, I do not have any more time off this year except during the Christmas holidays when my kids are off. I can take any time off between December 19 and January 5 and I cannot take the kids out of school except maybe 1/6. Is it better to go 12/18 (fly in)- 12/25, or 12/27- 1/5? I know neither one is ideal! Also, is Disneyland more or less crowded than WDW during these days? I am open to going to either one!

We visited WDW for the first time the week before Spring Break and now I have the Disney bug! Unfortunately, I do not have any more time off this year except during the Christmas holidays when my kids are off. I can take any time off between December 19 and January 5 and I cannot take the kids out of school except maybe 1/6. Is it better to go 12/18 (fly in)- 12/25, or 12/27- 1/5? I know neither one is ideal! Also, is Disneyland more or less crowded than WDW during these days? I am open to going to either one!

I have never personally visited during the official Christmas week but last year we were there 12/13-12/20. The crowds started to get busy as we were leaving. If it were me I would pick that week over the actual week between Chistmas & New Year's. My sister traveled your later dates one year and had several days when the parks were at capacity. I've heard it the busiest week of the year- but some love going during that week. I'm sure plenty of other DISers can offer their recommendation from actual experience during either week.

The week between Christmas and New Years is one of the, if not THE, busiest week of the year.

We have been 7 times at Christmas, coming in as early as Dec. 15 and leaving as late as Dec. 26.

Every day closing in on Christmas the crowd levels build, but it is all wonderful and do-able if you plan accordingly and are willing to do rope drop and late nights (the parks get really extended hours the last part of Dec.)

Christmas trip #8 for us is only 168 days away!

Do be aware that the Free Dining promotion (Dec. 15-22) is going to make ADRs at a lot of places during that time frame very difficult to come by.

First set of dates will be less crowded than the second. We normally go every year around Dec 17th, crowds aren't too bad. We've never been there for New Years, but it seems to be the busiest time of the year. So I would avoid that second group of dates.

Plus going before Christmas and being around all the decorations leading up to Christmas (even though it's normally still 80 degrees) will be more special than going after, imo. Wouldn't be the same to us being around all the decorations after Christmas already passed

The crowds really start picking up around the 19th, get really thick around the 22nd and they stay pretty thick until the 4th of January or so. If you are going to brave the crowds, I would just go ahead and do Christmas. (your first set of dates) It is totally doable if you plan and you are willing to get up early. Two things I LOVE - Christmas & Disney!! It will be a blast.

There is no better decorations and shows for Christmas then Disney World. It's the best time to go there.

Actually, you can qualify for free dining on the 12-18 to 12-25 date. In my opinion that's the best promo Disney World offers. I played with this a little with reservations and I was able to get POP Century for 4 people to the room. If you want to do this promo you must book no later than 7-10. Keep in mind there is limited availability for this promo at this point, but it is still possible if you act fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter