• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas, family and magic... what could be better?!? *Updated 3-2*

Oh man... tell me about it! Harper would be 4 1/2 before another kiddo would make an appearance. Like less than a year away from Kindergarten! Talk about starting all over! It would be an adjustment for sure! Are you sure your "sickness" wasn't from something else... ;) Ha ha! :rotfl: I love it after you're married, anytime you come down with a tummy bug people look at you like, "Yeah right... stomach flu." Where I work, you can't be sick at all without someone questioning things! It's nearly impossible to keep a pregnancy a secret for 12 weeks... especially if you're like me and tossing your cookies at least 6-7 times a day! Ha ha! Well, I think you should get on the baby-making because then if we decide to do this we'd be having a baby very close to each other! :) And I timed starting this PTR just for you... now you have a place to talk Disney to come down from your magical high! Can't wait to read a TR from you... you better do one!
Well I WASNT sure, but it went away, so yeah, pretty sure. Lol. But you definitely aren't the first to think that! Lol. Jackie even texted me hahahahaha

And ok cool. Let's have babies together. Haha

Andrew and I just discussed it in the car this evening. I just keep freaking out about the idea. I'm gaining so much freedom these days and I'm liking it. Now to go back to a nursing newborn. Ugh!!! Why does it have to be me?? I think he should have the baby and nurse it! Haha

And thanks for starting your PTR so I could come down off my Disney high. :) I am going to do a trip report. Probably start it soon. Still sorting thru some emotions and I'm not ready to start verbalizing it yet. Although that might help me with the sorting. :P

Also I can't think of a good title. Haha. I need a good catchy one!

Well I WASNT sure, but it went away, so yeah, pretty sure. Lol. But you definitely aren't the first to think that! Lol. Jackie even texted me hahahahaha And ok cool. Let's have babies together. Haha Andrew and I just discussed it in the car this evening. I just keep freaking out about the idea. I'm gaining so much freedom these days and I'm liking it. Now to go back to a nursing newborn. Ugh!!! Why does it have to be me?? I think he should have the baby and nurse it! Haha And thanks for starting your PTR so I could come down off my Disney high. :) I am going to do a trip report. Probably start it soon. Still sorting thru some emotions and I'm not ready to start verbalizing it yet. Although that might help me with the sorting. :P Also I can't think of a good title. Haha. I need a good catchy one!
I totally understand the freedom thing! DD is weaned, sleeping through the night, I am back at my pre-pregnant weight and life is good!

I am very much enjoying this time right now. I have three friends due soon and I'm sure once their babies arrive I will get a slight ache however I can give them back... ;)

Are you sure you want another child?

I totally understand the freedom thing! DD is weaned, sleeping through the night, I am back at my pre-pregnant weight and life is good! I am very much enjoying this time right now. I have three friends due soon and I'm sure once their babies arrive I will get a slight ache however I can give them back... ;) Are you sure you want another child?

Right?!? Mine is almost 3. Life is SO good right now! Haha.

And newborns don't phase me. Not a big fan of the newborn stage. (Ok I kinda hate it lol) However my friend has an 18 month old boy and every time I see him I get the baby bug!! Love that age!! :)

And props to you for being back to pre-preg weight. I have 10 lbs I can't ditch. :P I've decided I'll just fight it off after im done having kids. Lol. I have a feeling I'm gonna regret that decision

So I've been MIA the last few weeks because I have felt like poop! I've been fighting this respiratory/head thing for over a month now and it's still lingering around. Even had a resident at work write me a script for antibiotics! They made me feel a bit better, but I can't seem to kick it! Apparently this bug doesn't want to leave anyone that gets it! So anyways... enough of my woes... onto something more exciting! Disney!!

I know it's SUPER early, but of course I've already been thinking about park plans! Of course park hours haven't been released for December yet, but I checked out park hours/EMH for the last 3 years on touring plans and easywdw and checked out the predicted hours for this year on touring plans. So based on all of that, I came up with my own predictions of what the hours would be and went with it. Now, I may have some changing to do once the real hours are released... but for fun, here we go!

Initially, we thought we'd do 2 days at MK, and 1 day at the rest of the parks. Derek and I talked and we decided that we'd rather cut out one of the other parks and do another day at MK since it is our favorite park! So now we're looking at 3 days at MK, 1 day at HS and 1 day at Epcot. I think that will work!

Tuesday, Dec. 1st

Happy December... SURPRISE! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!

This will be our arrival day. So for now, our plans are to pick Addie up from school and head straight to the airport. We will fly Southwest because we will have some points saved up for a couple free flights. Hopefully we'll have enough to pay for 2 full flights, maybe 2.5. Southwest hasn't released flight for that time frame yet, but we're hoping to be able to catch a flight that doesn't require us to take Addie our early, but will land by 9:00-9:30. I'd prefer that we don't land any later than that, so if that requires us to take Addie out early then that's what we'll do!

We'll check-in and hopefully be able to get the kiddos all settled and to bed to prepare for our first day at Disney the next day!

Wednesday, Dec. 2nd

Based on what I think will happen, I think we will try to hit up Hollywood Studios today!

I always hate not starting our trips at the Magic Kingdom, but we had a new found love for Hollywood Studios on our May trip so I think it will be good!

Thursday, Dec. 3rd

Thinking today will be our 1st Magic Kingdom day!!

The last 2 years, they have had AM EMH at the Magic Kingdom... so I'm hoping that doesn't change! They have also had a MVMCP this day too! So I'm thinking we'll probably try to do MVMCP this night too! Since we'll probably have an early morning and a late night, I'm thinking a good break in the middle of the day will be called for. We'll see! We will have to be back early enough for an early dinner, because we've got to be out of dinner in time for the Castle Lighting show! Can't wait to see the girls faces when they see the Castle like this for the first time!!!

Friday, Dec. 4th

This will be another Magic Kingdom day!

Today is predicted to have MVMCP as well, so we will be leaving early. Hoping to get the girls early Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointments today! This will be Harper's first time ever at the BBB for herself! Our last trip, she was a few days too young to do it so it's a given we have to get her in there. And then there's no way Addie will let us get away with Harper having an appointment without her going too... so there you have it!

So it will be an early night leaving the Magic Kingdom, so maybe we'll take advantage of it and resort hop on the Monorail to look at Christmas decorations. Either that or Downtown Disney... but Downtown Disney will be there every trip, so I'm leaning towards resort hopping!

Saturday, Dec. 5th

Today I'm thinking will be our Epcot day!

Sunday, Dec. 6th

Our departure day. We have a park ticket for today, so we're hoping to get up SUPER early and check our bags at the resort and have the resort hang onto our carry-ons while we head to a park! Magic Kingdom to be exact!

We've never done this before, so it does make me a little nervous... and the more I think about it the more I'm hoping to convince Derek to stay one more night and leave the next morning instead. Of course this would mean that Addie would have to miss one more day of school... so we'll see. If that doesn't work, then we will try to book a late flight out of Orlando so we can get as much park time as we can on our last day!

So there you have it! It will be interesting to see how much this plan changes when the "official" park hours are released!

Next up... Food, food, food!

So when thinking of early park plans, of course I could not help but think of dining plans too! Going from a family trip of 10 days to 5 days is super hard on me picking some place to eat!!! I just want to eat EVERYWHERE! So I decided on some places that are some of our/the kids favorites and some places that we've eaten at before, but not in a really long time! Here's what I'm thinking!

Wednesday, Dec. 2nd

Our (probably) Hollywood Studios day. I was trying to decide between Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time. Sci-Fi we've never done, but we LOVED 50's P.T. our last trip! I asked Derek and his vote was 50's P.T. and I'm totally cool with that! We're planning on a 2 T.S. credit meal later on in the trip, so I think we will pay OOP for this meal. Now, if we end up adding a night on then we won't have to!

Thursday, Dec. 3rd

Our probable Magic Kingdom day. We're thinking about trying Crystal Palace for lunch or early dinner. We will have to make sure we're out of dinner by 6:15 for the Castle Lighting show... so I figured that a location close to the Castle will be a good thing. And Addie is always begging to meet the Winnie the Pooh characters and we've never really made it work before, so Crystal Palace it is. We haven't eaten here since our first trip back in October of 2012!

Friday, Dec. 4th

Since this is the day I'm hoping to do Magic Kingdom again and get the girls into the BBB, I'm also hoping that we can do do a princess meal! Cinderella's Royal Table! We also haven't been here since our first trip and Addie remembers it, but Harper doesn't. And when they found out my in laws were eating here on their trip with our nephew they were jealous! So I'm planning on keeping this dinner reservation under wraps and surprising them! Hoping to maybe do a 6:30'ish reservation so we can have as much time in Magic Kingdom as we can since we'll be getting kicked out after dinner!

Saturday, Dec. 5th

Our hopeful Epcot day. I talked with Derek and the girls (without them having any clue as to me trying to plan something for a trip for ourselves!) about options for today. We talked about places in Epcot or hopping on the Monorail and heading to the Polynesian to 'Ohana. Even though it will cut out on some Epcot time, 'Ohana won out with everyone! We LOVED 'Ohana! So we'll try to do an early dinner there and head back to Epcot for the rest of the evening when we're done!

Sunday, Dec. 6th

So the only character meal we wouldn't have had to this point is one with Mickey and his pals. So since we're headed to Magic Kingdom today, we'll try to do a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys! Now, if we decide to extend a day then maybe we'll switch it up to a dinner so we don't have to get up so dang early! Ha ha!

Pretty happy with our choices... now we'll see how ADR change happy I'll get between now and ADR making day, which I believe is June 4th! Woohoo!

Right?!? Mine is almost 3. Life is SO good right now! Haha.

Exactly... Harper would be 4 1/2 before any baby would come in the picture! Yikes!

And props to you for being back to pre-preg weight. I have 10 lbs I can't ditch. :P I've decided I'll just fight it off after im done having kids. Lol. I have a feeling I'm gonna regret that decision

Pre-pregnancy weight... what is that? ;)

I like your plans! I have been thinking of ours for our September trip, but I haven't written them down or anything yet. DD loved HS this past fall, so we'll spend some time there for sure. We will have 7 day park hoppers so we'll get plenty of time in with each park.

As for ADR's, I don't know what I want! The only thing I've been leaning towards is a pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace. DD loves Pooh!

Maybe I should start a PTR too just have a place to write my thoughts down?!?!

Oh how I love planning trips...even when I know they are going tonchange at least 100 times before the actual trip!
They look great! We went to the park before our flight home last time. I liked it, but like you I was always just a little nervous about missing that dang bus. I can't say we really enjoyed that last day all that much...but it was our last day:(. Not sure anything could have made it better!

Your dining choices look pretty great too! It's always sooo hard to pick restaurants... I want them all! You have a good mix of differnt meal types and some fun experiences!

I love how you've been able to plan this all out without even knowing park hours. Disney is so predictable! :rotfl:

You have to do at least 1 extra MK day. I dropped AK for MK last year and have no regrets. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Joining in! We will be there December 13 - 19. Tom and I have been at Christmastime, but the kids haven't so I'm excited for them to see it!

Well hello everybody!! Remember me? Oh man, have I been MIA… all for good reason, I assure you. But what the heck? The Disboards go changing everything on me while I’m gone? Not cool! Trying to figure this new format out… not good with change over here?

Well, just kidding… I’m okay with change. And I better be!! The reasoning behind my absence?

Yes, you see that right! Remember all that talk about possibly adding to our family? We bit the bullet and decided to give it a shot. All planning around our December trip of course! Well, I guess when we put our minds to something it’s go big or go home because…

We’re having TWINS!!!!!

Wait… what?!?!? Talk about the surprise of our lives!

It’s completely amazing. What are we going to do with two babies?!?! I can tell you what we’re NOT going to be doing… taking two babies to Disney with us in December. I am heartbroken. There’s about a 10% possibility our trip will still be on because my MIL told us that she’d be happy to watch the babies if we still want to take the older girls on our trip. The responsible adult in me thinks that the smart thing to do is scrap the trip because with our “bonus baby” comes a lot of added expense. So we really should cancel the trip, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I haven’t told our TA to cancel it yet because I’m still holding onto that little bit of hope that we can either move the dates to next year sometime or keep this trip we have planned. My hubby and I have talked about running the Wine and Dine in 2016, so maybe I can convince my in-laws to come with us to watch kids while we run and help wrangle babies in the parks!

So we’ll see what happens with our trip. Not super hopeful that we’ll still be going in December, but my hubby knows how bummed I am and I know we’ll get back someday (soon, I hope!) So until, I know more about what’s going on… I’m sure this PTR won’t be super active! Couldn’t leave you all hanging though and you will be the first to know future plans!!!

I was totally wondering what you guys were going to do about the trip! I'm sad for you that it will be postponed (I sadly know all about postponed trip;)) but what an amazing reason!

That is such exciting news!:hug: The best reason to postpone a Disney trip for sure! so happy for you! Can't wait to follow along with you on this new journey!

That is such exciting news!:hug: The best reason to postpone a Disney trip for sure! so happy for you! Can't wait to follow along with you on this new journey!

And what a journey it's going to be! It's going to be absolute craziness in my household! And I guess if we have to postpone a trip, this would be the only reason I'd want to do it for! Just goes to show me that whenever I try to "plan" something, the big man upstairs is like... "Hold up! Don't you know that I'm in charge?!?" This control freak really has no control! :)

Squeal :-D Yay BABIES!!!!

And God doesn't really like to let me think I'm in control either :P What's up with that?? ugh! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter