• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Eve prep work.... UGH!

DisneySarah80

DIS Veteran
So my Christmas Eve morning is consisting of making:

Mashed Potatos
Mac n' Cheese (way more complicated that I thought!!)
Bruchetta (both the bread, and the tomato topping)
Cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting
Sangria (This is for me - I don't drink it, but I know it will put certain people to sleep tomorrow! :lmao::lmao:)
Vanilla pudding for the brownie triffle

I think thats about it for today..... Ooh, of course I also have to clean the entire house, make the gingerbread house with my DDs, make cookies for Santa, and broil some shrimp for my parents for dinner tonight.

So what prep work are you doing this Christmas Eve?

Cleaning house
Making: mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole

Going to the grocery store for last minute things for tomorrow's dinner and breakfast.
DS and DDIL arrive about 2 for the festivities to begin, so it has to be done by then.

Making soup
Putting together tomorrow's breakfast casserole
Making tomorrow's dessert

That's about it! Tomorrow's menu is pretty simple; the toughest thing I'll have to do is make mashed potatoes. I cleaned yesterday and everything is wrapped and ready to go! :cool1:

I don't have as much to do today as I could have. I spent Thursday making cookies with DD and Friday cleaning the house. So, today I have to make the stuffing for tomorrow's turkey, and get everything ready for tonight's appetizer dinner. I'm making artichoke dip, Hickory Farms sausage and cheese platter, dill pickles rolled in cream cheese/ham slices, cheese ball, eggnog. I think that's all I have to do today.
Dinner is at my house tomorrow, but family is bringing most of the side dishes, so I basically just have to fix the turkey and ham in the morning.

Cookies....coookies.......cooooooooooooooookies!!!!!:cool1:

Cleaning is done, yay! Already hit the grocery store at 7am. Things to do today are:
For family party tonight:
Cut veggies for veggie platter
Make artichoke dip
Make bread pot fondue
slice breads for dipping
make 18 mini monkey cakes
When I get to my sisters for the party (early) I also get to help cook all the app she's making, lol

Prep for Christmas day:
Prep breakfast crockpot dish
Make macaroni salad
make potato salad
stuff celery

Also need to finish wrapping presents since I went to the Walk in Atlantic City shopping yesterday and bought more gifts I didn't plan on :)

Sangria (This is for me - I don't drink it, but I know it will put certain people to sleep tomorrow! :lmao::lmao:)

This particular comment I found hilarious!

We had DH's family over yesterday for Christmas - so I can certainly understand the work going on today! We just have a few dishes to do -(too tired last night after everyone left:rotfl:)

Today - all we need to do is - go shopping (need bread, eggs, hash browns and ham.) The important part of our day is to go to blockbuster and get the vidoes to watch for tomorrow. Wrap the remaining 3 presents, and get under the tree. Go to PF Changs for 4:00 dinner, church at 6 - home. Easy Peasy! (Trust me - I was doing all the work yesterday!)

Merry Christmas to all! -

I have to prep the appetizers for tonight, kind of putzy-doing a couple bacon wrap things. I have to make mashed potatoes for tomorrow. Cleaning is basically done. The kids are finishing up a few things they need to do.

For tonight I like to decorate our island and have the food displayed nicely so I put out a couple tablecloths to cover it and then put various cans and whatnot under the island so the food is at different heights, etc. It's fun so I will get that done after my food prep. We have a 6' island so it holds a lot.

I'm napping around 7PM tonight so I can stay awake for midnight Mass :lmao:.

I turned off the crockpot for the pulled pork, cooled it and it is in the fridge now. I think I shredded it too fine because it seems mushy to me. Oh well first time doing it. It is BBQ pork, people will eat it. It tastes fine.;)

Have to make Dill Dip and Chocolate Mint dessert and that is it.

Leave for my sister's at 1pm and hopefully back early enough to chill.:yay:

not much!! My SIL is now hosting Christmas. My neice and nephew are 6 and 10, my kids are 12, 15 and 18. We had our years of hosting and now it is my niece and nephews tur not to leave their house Christmas!!
My niece and nephew are coming here around 12 noon to decorate sugar cookies for tomorrow. Then I and sending my 3 out to the moves so I can wrap.
DH is at the Jets game.
DD12 want to go to midnight Mass. I will take her and the other 3 will go to 8pm Mass

As soon as it starts getting light out I am headed to the store to grab a few items. We ate all of the Butterfinger candy bars I bought for my pie. I think I need to grab extras this time! And we need sourdough bread for leftover turkey sandwiches. YUMMY!!

Then I need to clean out the refrigerator.

And we need to clean the kitchen, front room, and bathroom.

I don't really have any major holiday prep to do. I will do it tomorrow when the turkey is in the oven!

edited to add : I think I will have DS make the Butterfinger pie today. He knows he is supposed to start learning how to cook/bake (he is even getting a cookbook for Christmas). Him making the pie is a good idea - we don't have it often and he loves it!

Merry Christmas!

I made a ziti, & now cooking up stuffing. Desserts are done, but it has been a challenge getting anything done food-wise as we have a new puppy who requires all our attention. :rolleyes1

Mashed Potatos
Mac n' Cheese (way more complicated that I thought!!)
Bruchetta (both the bread, and the tomato topping)
Cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting
Vanilla pudding for the brownie triffle

I think thats about it for today..... Ooh, of course I also have to clean the entire house, make the gingerbread house with my DDs, make cookies for Santa, and broil some shrimp for my parents for dinner tonight.

Alrighty!!! I've finished the mashed potatos, the mac n cheese, the bruchetta, and the sangria. We are doing the gingerbread house as we speak! Now all I have to do are the cinnamon buns, and frosting, the vanilla pudding for the brownie triffle, the cookies and of course make the shrimp right before my parents get here. I'm feeling much better!!! Wonder if it has anything to do with the hugh shot of Baileys I put into my coffee just now.... :rolleyes1

Made mac and cheese and green bean casserole. Still have to bake a cake. Tomorrow morning will make the watergate salad. With 3 overly excited kids and a 6-week old baby, this is about all I can manage. Thank goodness I finished wrapping last weekend.

I need to cut up cheese for our cheese tray tonight.
And arrange a cookie tray to take to In Laws this afternoon.

We didn't get to decorate gingerbread houses yesterday so maybe we will do that today.

And I will be following my boys around picking up after them for the next 24 hours until my family gets here.

We already had one Christmas last night at our house. One away today. And one here tomorrow.

I went grocery shopping this morning, and right now I'm (supposed to be ;)) cleaning the house.
I still have to finish up wrapping presents, but that will have to wait until the kids are asleep.
I have to make chocolate chip cookies, brownies, peppermint icing, glaze for the ham, glaze for the carrots, fruit syrup for tomorrow's breakfast and get the overnight casserole ready.
Its not to bad of a list, but I just don't have any motivation today :scared1:

I need to cut up cheese for our cheese tray tonight.
And arrange a cookie tray to take to In Laws this afternoon.

We didn't get to decorate gingerbread houses yesterday so maybe we will do that today.

And I will be following my boys around picking up after them for the next 24 hours until my family gets here.

We already had one Christmas last night at our house. One away today. And one here tomorrow.

Your cutting up the cheese tonight for tomorrow, or is the cheese for tonight? Won't it get hard at the edges if its cut to early? Let me know, becuase if not, I'm going to do this too!!!! :thumbsup2

I still have stuff to do too. Stayed up till just after midnight last night, finishing off all the wrapping. So that's done!!

Wine is in the fridge, chilling, and in a moment xmas candy will go into all the candy dishes. Then I will try not to eat it all before tomorrow! :rotfl2: I have a fair amount of housecleaning to do (kitchen and bathroom being the most important), some prep work to make tomorrow's dinner go easier, and I still have to bake my shortbread cookies!!!

And then, before I know it .... poof! .... it will be December 26th and I'll once again be amazed at how Christmas can pass by so quickly! :santa:

Your cutting up the cheese tonight for tomorrow, or is the cheese for tonight? Won't it get hard at the edges if its cut to early? Let me know, becuase if not, I'm going to do this too!!!! :thumbsup2

Just jumping in here...When I do cheese platters, I prepare them in advance.....I keep the cheese refrigerated, covered with saran wrap, until I need it. Never had a problem :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter