Christmas Dinner

TMB1203

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We are arriving to WDW on Christmas day. Our flight arrives at 11 AM, I figured we'd be back to the resort by 2:30 at the latest.
I know that Christmas Day is a very busy day at the parks and I'm concerned about booking a dinner reservation and have the park closed due to high attendance.

So my question-would you book at a resort restaurant (WCC) or try to book a dinner at MK? I'm assuming that even if they have attendance closing at MK-that eventually they'll reopen at least for a little while and we have a shot at getting in? My husband said to book two dinners, but honestly, I don't want to do that and take the reservation away from another guest. I also don't want to leave the park for dinner at the resort and not be able to get back in after dinner (assuming we can get into MK in the first place!)

Not sure how to proceed with making our dinner reservation. We have never been there at Christmas, so I don't know what to expect.
Any help would be appreciated.

I would book outside all the parks. In general, the restaurant choices can be better anyway. We ate at Flying Fish last Christmas Day, which was great. We were staying at the Beach Club, so it was also convenient.

Artists Point at Wilderness Lodge might be a nice choice - the Lodge is decorated beautifully for Christmas.

I'm interested in this also. We'll be there the 23rd. Looking for a place to have a Christmas dinner. Eagerly awaiting opinions!!

I would suggest dinner at one of the resorts. That way you would be sure to get in and you could enjoy the resort decorations. We really enjoyed seeing the giant gingerbread house and huge Chirstmas tree and listening to the piano player play Christmas favorites in the lobby of the GF. It might be fun to eat at 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohanas, or Chef Mickey's with the characters and then tour the resorts via the resort monorail to soak in the holiday atmosphere. If MK was open, you could always head over after your dinner. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter