christmas decorations

ShannonR

mickey's #1 fan
We have been on several DCL christmas cruises, but I can't remember when they actually take the Christmas decorations down in January. We went on a DCL January 5th a few years ago, and the decorations were still up.

We have been on several DCL christmas cruises, but I can't remember when they actually take the Christmas decorations down in January. We went on a DCL January 5th a few years ago, and the decorations were still up.

We've been on several early Jan cruises, one was Jan 4, but no decorations in sight.

They come down at the end of the cruise that sails over NYE. Usually.

We sailed on the 15/16 Magic New Year's cruise, and were treated to the sound of the life-size gingerbread house being demolished during debarkation. So, yes, decorations are taken off the ship after the New Year's cruise. Castaway Cay already had no decorations when we visited over New Year's, so I assume the island decorations come down right after Christmas.

We sailed on the 15/16 Magic New Year's cruise, and were treated to the sound of the life-size gingerbread house being demolished during debarkation. So, yes, decorations are taken off the ship after the New Year's cruise. Castaway Cay already had no decorations when we visited over New Year's, so I assume the island decorations come down right after Christmas.
Oh my. I am so looking forward to our 18/19 NYE Dream cruise, but I admit the gingerbread house demolition is something I would pass on.

Oh my. I am so looking forward to our 18/19 NYE Dream cruise, but I admit the gingerbread house demolition is something I would pass on.
I really don't get why they couldn't have waited an hour until the ship was cleared to start that. My son was sad to see it.

We had the late seating MDR breakfast & then had to line up for something at Guest Services. If you get off the ship earlier than that you probably won't see it.

I really don't get why they couldn't have waited an hour until the ship was cleared to start that. My son was sad to see it.

We had the late seating MDR breakfast & then had to line up for something at Guest Services. If you get off the ship earlier than that you probably won't see it.
Well, we do have early dining, and I will do what I can to get us out as soon as we can! Thanks.:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter