• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas decorations?

newtodis

Disney Lover!
How soon after Thanksgiving are the Christmas decorations up? Also, when will the Candlelight Processional and MVMCP begin? We're going 11/27 - 12/4 and I'm hoping to get a bit of the Christmas spirit while at Disney. We were there last year and had a WONDERFUL time but it was a week later than we're going this year. I can't miss the Osborne Lights either! :santa:

Christmas decor at the MK is up by the 1st MVMCP which is early nov. The rest of the world is up in phases and completed for Thanksgiving week.MVMCP does not run at all during thanksgiving week, and ends around Dec 18th or so( depending when Christmas falls) .The dates should be out by end of March

Everything will be decorated by the Friday after Thanksgiving. :)

MK will be all decorated in time for the first MVMCP (last 2 years this was 11/10) - exception is the big tree which in recent years hasn't been going up until after the Christmas parade taping.

This year HS was also decorated in time for the 11/10 opening of Osborne light - however this was earlier than the previous year when they didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

Everything else generally goes up at varying rates throughout November, with it all being in place for the big holiday kickoff the day after Thanksgiving - when CP and all the other holiday happenings officially start.

This past year AK and EP were decorated about a week after MK and HS (around the 14th-ish). DTD was done fairly early in November. We left on 11/20 and saw hardly anything in the resorts. From what I gather, those decorations started going up the weekend before Thanksgiving - although not sure about GF, as the gingerbread house as open sometime mid-Nov.

I go the same week every year, and everything is in full swing when you get there.

Enjoy!

Thank you all so much! Can't wait to see the decorations again. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love seeing it "Disney style!"

Are the lights on Cinderella castle turned on every night once the Magic Kingdom is decorated or just when there is a Christmas Party? :confused3

1- Are the lights on Cinderella castle turned on every night once the Magic Kingdom is decorated
2- just when there is a Christmas Party?

1- Yes.
2- No.

And, :welcome: to POSTING on the DISboards, TNMOUSE!

Thanks Robo...long time reader 1st time poster. We have been before for the Christmas Party but not since the Castle was decorated with lights. :thumbsup2

Thanks Robo...long time reader 1st time poster. We have been before for the Christmas Party but not since the Castle was decorated with lights. :thumbsup2

I noticed your 2008 Join Date.

As a long-time "lurker" here, you likely know a lot about WDW.

Come and join in the discussions! :grouphug:

I noticed your 2008 Join Date.

As a long-time "lurker" here, you likely know a lot about WDW.

Come and join in the discussions! :grouphug:

We are members of DVC and try to get down several times a year. We have not been down for Christmas decoarations at the world since 2000 so we thought we would try Thanksgiving week. Maybe we can catch a few of the fall decorations and catch most of the Christmas decorations. It should be an adventure...

Thanks again...

:goodvibes

We are members of DVC and try to get down several times a year. We have not been down for Christmas decoarations at the world since 2000 so we thought we would try Thanksgiving week. Maybe we can catch a few of the fall decorations and catch most of the Christmas decorations. It should be an adventure...

Thanks again...

:goodvibes
There won't be any fall decorations up during Thanksgiving week. The Fall decorations are down by the first few days of November and the Christmas decorations are going up.

In 2006 I was in the AK on 10/31 and the next day at MK. I couldn't believe that they already had some Christmas decorations up on November 1st. It's that Disney Magic.

There won't be any fall decorations up during Thanksgiving week. The Fall decorations are down by the first few days of November and the Christmas decorations are going up.

Yup! We were there Nov 1-20 and attended the last MNSSHP on 11/1, 2 days later most of the fall/Halloween decorations were gone and just a day or 2 after that it was suddenly Christmas! :santa:

We have been to WDW many times (not enough haha) but never at Christmas and we are hoping to go there this year. Christmas and Disney -my 2 favorite things. Can't wait!

I too am planning to attend during the Christmas season. So if I am reading all this correctly, I should be able to see the parks decorated including the castle lights and the Osborne lights if I visit Nov 16-20?

I too am planning to attend during the Christmas season. So if I am reading all this correctly, I should be able to see the parks decorated including the castle lights and the Osborne lights if I visit Nov 16-20?

MK decorations and Castle Ice Lights, yes.

No certainty on the Osborne Lights operating that early in 2010.

They did not in 2008.

They did in 2009, but that MIGHT have just been because they were
taping a Cable TV special on Christmas decor.

You will see most.But since Thanksgiving isn't till the following week, nothing is guaranteed.Osborne lights MAY or MAY NOT be on.Last year they started Nov 10, but in 2008 they didn't start till AFTER Thanksgiving. Things like the Candlelight Processional and the Holiday storytellers at Epcot will also not be starting till Thanksgiving weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter