Christmas Decorations (when do they go up)

Nov 8-14 or Dec 12-18th to see Christmas decorations

• Nov 8-14

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Dec 12-16

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

NH Iceman

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I have 2 questions. The first is when in Nov do the Christmas decorations go up?

Second if you were choosing between going Veterans day week (Nov 8-14) or Dec 12-18th which would you choose and why?

Thanks to all who reply.

I think it depends on where you are asking. I think the resort's and parks may have different time frames. I know that right after the last MNSSHP they switch the MK over to Xmas decorations. Here is a time lapse video, if you never seen them switch. It's neat. :)

I would go in December because if you go before thanksgiving then you will be missing one of the best parts of the holidays at Disney world. Epcot does not start holidays around the world until Black Friday. The storytellers are awesome and the candlelight processional is not to be missed. Epcot is my favorite park to go to for the holidays. Also, the holiday special of illuminations starts with holidays around the world.

Hi all,

I have 2 questions. The first is when in Nov do the Christmas decorations go up?

Second if you were choosing between going Veterans day week (Nov 8-14) or Dec 12-18th which would you choose and why?

Thanks to all who reply.

Magic Kingdom will be fully set up for Christmas in early November to coincide with the first MVMCP and Osborne Lights will be on display at Hollywood Studios. (The MK big Christmas tree goes up after the parade taping in early December.) The rest of the parks will follow and the resorts will start leading up to Thanksgiving. EPCOT will be setting up in November but will not be fully in Christmas mode until the Candlelight Processional begins just after Thanksgiving. Resort gingerbread displays will begin construction in November until they are fully completed later in the month.

If you are interested in seeing every last drop of Christmas in Disney then I would recommend the December dates. We've done both months but normally do November. Either month is a great time to experience Disney Christmas but just be aware of what your must-sees are and then plan from there. :santa:

As far as choosing dates, are you aware of crowd calendars? Here is just one, but there are others out there, just google WDW crowd calendars.

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/12-december-2015-crowd-calendar/

You may want to look at November and December and see what you think. They both look like great weeks. You can look here how they are ranked:

http://**************.net/2013/12/08/2015-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

The crowd levels seem to be projected at similar levels. It looks like it may be slightly more expensive in December.

I debated between November and December almost the same days. I decided to go in November because it was slightly cheaper when I priced it out. Also, I was just wanting to see MK and do the MVMCP. If you want more Xmas things and decorations then December would be better. :)

(Not sure why half my post disappeared from my above post. So I am posting the other half of what was supposed to be there. It's not letting me edit. Boards are being goofy for me today)

thanks to all that have replied so far. The information is much appreciated. You are right about the boards Mata Hari. For some reason I have lost my avatar and my post count has been reset so I cant put up a new one. Kind of strange.

Oh, Lol. I see now it says you joined in 2011. I only just saw a post count of 4 and figured you were a newbie and that's why I was telling you about the crowd calendars and stuff. *blush*

We saw Osborn lights and many Christmas decorations at the parks when we went in mid November. The resorts we visited hadn't started at all. I would try December another time

I voted for the Dec dates since everything, resorts and all parks will be decorated. You cannot count on that during that week in November. MK will be decorated after the last Halloween party but not much else is until later. I remember seeing the Epcot tree around Nov 16th last year, but it does not get full decorated with all of the festivities around World Showcase until after Thanksgiving. Animal Kingdom didn't have the tree up yet, and DHS either. Resorts are all different times, but definitely most do it towards the last 2 weeks of November.

If your not booked yet id do dec because there are like no
ADRs left for nov8-14 are your already past the 180 point i wouldnt book a disney vaca if i missed the 180 window

I'd pick the December dates for better Christmas decorations & availability of ADRs.

ADRs are near-impossible for your dates in November, the main perk would be you'd overlap with Food & Wine.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
If your not booked yet id do dec because there are like no
ADRs left for nov8-14 are your already past the 180 point i wouldnt book a disney vaca if i missed the 180 window

I would....and I have! For certain CRT, BOG, 'Ohana and some others will be a challenge to find (yet not necessarily impossible) but there are many very good restaurants available during that week. I came across Fantasmic Dinner pkg, Tusker House, 50's Primetime, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Yak & Yeti just to name a few - and that was only searching under Dinner!

If there is resort availability, I think there's still room to plan a great November vacation.

Thanks for the info. We are thinking about going to see the Christmas decorations and were wondering when the started putting them up.

none of the resort trees will be up by early nov so i would pick the dec dates for the full experience. (which also includes the epcot extras.)

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I would....and I have! For certain CRT, BOG, 'Ohana and some others will be a challenge to find (yet not necessarily impossible) but there are many very good restaurants available during that week. I came across Fantasmic Dinner pkg, Tusker House, 50's Primetime, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Yak & Yeti just to name a few - and that was only searching under Dinner!

If there is resort availability, I think there's still room to plan a great November vacation.
I was just saying i personally wouldnt not that others cant, this year the 14-20 there are very little availibilty left there are like 5 threads on how hard it is to get dining in nov this year already, if you want to go for it I was just saying it isnt ideal and the OP has other dates they are looking at so i recommended those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter