Christmas Decorations For Thanksgiving Cruise

kwork11

Mouseketeer
Thinking of booking a Thanksgiving Cruise on the magic this year. Do they have Christmas decorations up for this cruise and do they do a typical Thanksgiving dinner? THank You

Yes they do have decorations up for Thanksgiving. In fact, from what I have heard before, they start to put them up about 2 weeks before the Thanksgiving cruise. I have been on 2 Thanksgiving cruises. Both times, they had all the decorations up on the ship and in the cruise terminal. They are very nice to see.

On a similar note, does anyone know when they begin to take the decorations down? We will be sailing on the Jan 7th cruise, and are wondering if they will still be up?

Thanks!

We did a B2b for Halloween in 2009. On the first leg, there were some Christmas decorations already up in the shop display cases. During the changeover b/w cruises, we saw them moving a lot of Christmas deco around. No more went up that we saw during the second leg so not sure when they actually start/finish.

that would be so awesome. We have been on the wonder and magic many times (gold status) but never have seen either decorated for the holidays. Just booked the magic today for Thanksgiving so I am hoping that it will be decorated!

I was on the Wonder cruise for Thanksgiving 2010. Ship was decorated, and Castaway was also decorated. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner was an option, or you could just choose other entrees off the dinner menu that day.

On a similar note, does anyone know when they begin to take the decorations down? We will be sailing on the Jan 7th cruise, and are wondering if they will still be up?

Thanks!

Don't know if you found your answer elsewhere, but just in case, I'll chime in :goodvibes We boarded the Wonder on Jan. 6 for the Panama Canal Cruise and ALL decorations were down. Unfortunately, I can't comment on CC because we had to miss it :(

Thanks!

we went on the Jan 7th cruise 1 year, and they were unloading all of the Christmas decorations before we loaded. It was amazing to watch HOW MUCH stuff they took off the ship. The cruise was not decorated for Christmas when we went. We had hoped it would be.

They start decorating about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and the process is completed before the Thanksgiving cruise. Yes to traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

The decorations start to come down at the end of the Christmas cruise and are completely gone in a few days. Of course since the exact way they are doing the Christmas and New Year's cruises varies based on the day of the week when those holidays fall, the exact removal of decorations schedule varies. They will be down totally before a Jan 7 cruise.

Anyone have any pics of the decorations on the ship and Castaway Cay? I would love to see them. :goodvibes

I believe that they take the decorations down sometime during the cruise for New Year's. So my guess is that for the Jan 7th cruise, there won't be any decorations left up. I could be wrong since I have never been on a cruise at that time.
To answer one poster's question, yes I have pictures of some of the decorations. However, I am not where I can get to them. For a visual, they have a large gingerbread house usually set up in the Promenade Lounge. Also, there is a very tall Christmas tree in the atrium with garland decorating the staircases. I know there is much more, but can't remember right now.

Anyone have any pics of the decorations on the ship and Castaway Cay? I would love to see them. :goodvibes

From our Dec 09 cruise on the Magic

Castaway Cay
IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

On the Magic

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

I'm booked on the Magic for Thanksgiving too! I didn't even thing about the Christmas decorations being up. Now I'm even more excited, we can have our Christmas card photo made on the Magic. :)

OMG -- I LOVE the decorations on CC. Never thought about them decorating the island. We're going next year during Thanksgiving week on the Fantasy.

Just curious, do they serve a Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving day?

OMG --

Just curious, do they serve a Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving day?

Answered at least 3 times above...Yes, they serve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings--turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, etc. Obviously, they also have other options available at that meal.

Answered at least 3 times above...Yes, they serve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings--turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, etc. Obviously, they also have other options available at that meal.

Sorry......looked quickly but didn't see the answers. Thank you anyway :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter