Christmas decorations at the resorts?

Gingerbread House at GF is scheduled to be ready tomorrow(11/16).
Thanks. I'm at BW now, and I wish they would decorate before we leave Saturday. I would like to ride over to GF and WL before the week is over also.

You could also check Beach Club since you are close by to see if chocolate carousel is done yet. When we were there for brft the Mon. before Tday a few yrs. ago it was completed, so it should be almost done now, maybe all the way by the weekend. You can try and find all the hidden Mickey's on it! Enjoy!

We were there the first week of November and resort decorations were in the process of being put up. The GF gingerbread house was all finished while we were there, but the official opening is today I believe. They were replacing flowers and putting up lights and garlands and things throughout our stay too.

We were there the first week of November and resort decorations were in the process of being put up. The GF gingerbread house was all finished while we were there, but the official opening is today I believe. They were replacing flowers and putting up lights and garlands and things throughout our stay too.
Just saw this post. So, the GF should be completely decorated now. Thanks.

Last year the WL went up the Monday before Thanksgiving. We left on Wednesday and were getting VERY nervous; ALL the other resorts were decorated. We watched until 2 AM the night it was assembled and it truly is "Disney magic". Amazing seeing all the workers go about their business to get the resort transformed. They were putting the final touches on the tree the next morning around 7 AM...

P1020678_zpso6k0taoz.jpg

P1020697_zpsr5eguuyd.jpg
:tink:

Last year the WL went up the Monday before Thanksgiving. We left on Wednesday and were getting VERY nervous; ALL the other resorts were decorated. We watched until 2 AM the night it was assembled and it truly is "Disney magic". Amazing seeing all the workers go about their business to get the resort transformed. They were putting the final touches on the tree the next morning around 7 AM...

Just so folks know, order is done by lottery and often changes every year. They do 1 per night, overnight while everyone is sleeping, and wrap things up a few days before Thanksgiving.

Are those pictures from this year or last year? Is the tree up now?

Okay yeah, I saw in the wilderness lodge thread the tree will not be up until Sunday night.

As of yesterday, I saw the following:

GF: gingerbread house
Poly: decorated
CR: gingerbread only
WL: not decorated
BW: decorated
BC: Not decorated
YC: Not decorated

Not sure what went up overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter