Christmas Decorations at POR vs. POFQ.

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisneyGirlie, Oct 11, 2008.

1. DisneyGirlie

DisneyGirlie DIS Veteran

I know the differences between these resorts (i.e. which one is smaller, which one gets picked up first by the buses) and I don't have any preference based on those differences. We're going in December this year so I want to choose between POR and POFQ based on who has the most awesome holiday decorations. I've seen some pictures of POFQ around Christmas and their decorations look great. However, I was just wondering how POR decorates itself for the holidays. In your opinion, based on decorations, which resort would be more spirited? If anyone has any pictures of POR in December that would be great.
    :thanks:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PNO4TE

PNO4TE I used to be the DIS Musician and a Jamborini...

I Googled images for this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Earning My Ears

I have never been to both places -- how I wish I go there someday. I think you just have to choose based on the informations available on the net and experiences of others. But why not both -- I mean one after the other? :goodvibes

5. takemetomickey

takemetomickey Earning My Ears

I was at French Quarter at Christmas time last year- while they had some stuff (a tree in the entranceway, etc.) it wasn't very much. But the hotel was still great!

6. SnowWtch

SnowWtch DIS Veteran

We'll be doing POFQ this year the first week of December. It's been years since I was at that resort during the holidays. When I was younger, we stayed there for Christmas one year and on Christmas Day we each had a stocking hanging on our door full of candy. It was just hard candies but still cool to get.

7. DisneyGirlie

DisneyGirlie DIS Veteran

Thanks for your replies everyone. We went ahead and booked Port Orleans Riverside so I hope I'm not missing out on anything at POFQ, and even if I am, we'll just take a stroll over and look at their decorations.
    :goodvibes

8. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Sounds like a plan to me! Don't forget to post your Port Orleans at Xmas piccies when you get back (and at www.portorleans.org if you get a chance?). Thanks!

Andre