Christmas Decor??

Tink-n-MrIncredible

DIS Veteran
I am looking to purchase some new Christmas decor. Where can I find nice, classy stockings for the fireplace? I would like to get a matching tree skirt. Also, what do you hang your stockings from (there are 4 of us and a dog)? I am looking for something nice but I do not want to break the bank.

Edited to ask if anyone has made their own stocking and skirt. If so, where did you get the pattern and what material did you use that worked the best?

I order mine from the Disney online store when they have 40% off. :thumbsup2

Yeah, mine and DBF's stockings I got from Disney shopping last February. They were like 40%-50% off. That was awesome :)

I got stockings and a tree skirt last year from pottery barn. They are simple and elegant so I imagine we'll have them for many years to come. I waited till after christmas and nabbed them for 12$ each. I think the best thing to do is look but wait till after christmas this year when everything is on sale.

I have always found pretty stockings & tree skirts at Marshals/Home Goods. I like the look of the velvet ones. I would love to buy new ones also, but MIL cross stitched the ones we have now & she would be offended if I didn't use them. :sad2: They are nicely done, just not my style.

I got my children's stocking from Lillian Vernon - they also have great matching tree skirts.

I just ordered new ones from Pottery Barn! They have free shipping and embroidery on stockings right now!:santa:

I love the Disney Christmas stuff! I just wait for sales so it doesn't cost an arm & a leg. :banana:

Hobby Lobby has a pretty large selection of stockings and tree skirts, they have a few stocking holders as well.

We got our stocking holders from Target, and our stockings are homemade, my father made them for everyone in the family (needlepoint stockings) and I've had mine since I was a child. I see a lot of pretty christmas stockings in the stores around the holidays but the ones he makes are personalized and hold so many memories I can't see ever replacing it.

We have these from Pottery Barn:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products...H||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-Sku_Top_Marketing_Rule

My tree skirt matches, but it actually came from Target for less than half the price of the PB one. The tree skirt is not embroidered, but the stockings from PB are embroidered with our names.

I think the dog's stocking came from Plow and Hearth, but I'm not sure. It has a lab on it.

We have stocking holders from Target.

If you want to make your own stockings it super easy. Check out Martha Stewart.com for a pattern, or just drawbone yourself on kraft paper. You can use any fabric you lime. I like to use upholstery fabric for the heavier fabric and Modern designs.

We don't have a fireplace so we hang our stockings from a "floating" type shelf that kind of looks like a mantel. I hope that makes sense. We used stocking holders on the shelf.

If you wait till 'black-Friday' Target always has beautiful stocking holders on sale that day. They usually have them available in Gold, Silver, Brushed Silver/Nickel look, and black.

I understand about wanting a different look than '100% Disney' that's why when I saw Disney's line last year I bought the tree skirt in an instant. It was rustic with muted colors, and went very well with the rest of out more rustic, old fashioned Christmas/Holiday/Winter decorations - yet it wasn't over the top or vivid colors.

does anyone know of a pattern and/or a cheap blank Christmas Tree Skirt?

I want to start making them and putting the kids' handprints on them every year :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter