Christmas decor at on-site hotels?

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hello,
How are the on-site hotels decorated for Christmas? Any comparison to the ones at Disney?
Thanks!

Kate

Originally posted by Gator Kate
Hello,
How are the on-site hotels decorated for Christmas? Any comparison to the ones at Disney?
Thanks!
Kate

I guess that depends on which one at Disney you compare it to. PBH & HRH are not themed like any Disney resort. RP is sort of like the Poly, so we'll see.
The HRH had lots of brightly colored garlands and trees with intruments, records and CD's on them. Very cool. The colors were hot pink, lime green and such. Lots of colored glass bulbs around in bowls.
Portofino was very elegant, a bit rustic which gave such a warm cozy Tuscan feeling to the resort. Lots of trees, wreaths and garland.
It will be interesting to see how RP looks!
I noticed this weekend that Downtown Disney & Citywalk are already starting to decorate.

Thanks Cheryl, that gives me some idea. I've stayed at all 3 USF hotels, just not at Christmas. My conflict is that we really prefer the Loew's hotels to any of the Disney resorts, but the only park we're going to is MGM. It makes more sense, transportation wise, to stay on-site there. We will have a car ,so could just drive from USF... decisions...decisions... Anyways, sorry to ramble, and thanks again for replying!

Does anyone know if the Portofino does anything special (maybe along the lines of a Santa appearance?) on Christmas Eve? The parks close by 8 or 9, I think, and am just wondering how to make Christmas Eve special . . .

I remember two years ago, the PBH had nightly readings of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I'm sure the onsite hotels will have some sort of Christmas thing going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter