Christmas Day stockings?

CheshireVal

Can you stand on your head?<BR><font color="purple
I've read somewhere that Disney hangs stockings (full of candy, I think) on guests' doors for Christmas morning.

Is this true? With all the resort rooms on property I'd be really surprised at this display of generosity!! ;)

:teeth:

We (DH, DD, & DS) stayed at CSR for Christmas and sure enough when we got up Christmas morning there were 4 Christmas stockings with candy and some other little things hanging on our door.

Manda's Mom

We stayed at YC last year. Each door had a small stocking with a few Nestle Cookie bars and a few other pieces of candy in it. Not much to write home about. I kind of expected more.

We stayed at the Poly and didnt have a stocking, but a bag. It had a few pieces of candy and some odds and ends...a card I think, stuff like that.
Plus when I found it I stuffed in a "ticket" that Santa had left on our table for a sleigh ride that night. ;) The kids were surprised by all this, but DS was convinced the people who worked there left it because Santa was at our house. :teeth:

Cool! I have been searching old posts trying to find out what kinds of things go on at WDW for Christmas Day! Anybody know of any other special activities or surprises? :)

Originally posted by HM
We stayed at YC last year. Each door had a small stocking with a few Nestle Cookie bars and a few other pieces of candy in it. Not much to write home about. I kind of expected more.

Well, like I said earlier, I'm surprised DIsney would do anything for free. ;) So, I'm very pleased by this news! How nice!! :teeth:

At least when we have gone at Christmas most of the festivities are Christmas Eve. Or at least it was at CBR. They had music, the characters, cookies to decorate, cider that was great.

Originally posted by CheshireVal
Well, like I said earlier, I'm surprised DIsney would do anything for free. ;) So, I'm very pleased by this news! How nice!! :teeth:

Well, I was expecting something from Disney.....as I'd heard about it on the boards before we went. It really wasn't much and for a family of four lasted about 5 seconds. We did appreciate it, but just had thought there would be a bit more to it.
Thats all.

Originally posted by HM
Jeez! Nice attitude:rolleyes:

I didn't expect Disney to do anything. I wouldn't expect a hotel to hang a gift on my door for any holiday. I thought it was great when we opened the door and the stocking was on the door.

Originally posted by HM
Well, I was expecting something from Disney.....as I'd heard about it on the boards before we went. It really wasn't much and for a family of four lasted about 5 seconds. We did appreciate it, but just had thought there would be a bit more to it.
Thats all.

Sorry, I just don't understand that line of thought. :confused3

What's wierd about thinking there would be more to it? I just thought there would be more from the way it had been described in posts last year.

HM, don't worry about it.

I think it is good to let people know that this is a small but nice touch. If people read stocking, they may think that every child will receive a stocking as big as one at home filled to the brim with candy. In reality, at least our one Christmas morning at the GF (in Sugarloaf but I doubt that mattered), each of our rooms received a small....maybe 3 inches long....stocking with a handful of candy. It was a charming touch but I do think it is good that people don't have outsized expectations.::yes:: These stockings were the size that are used as tree ornaments if that helps.

Thanks BCV23--

You at least got the idea I was trying to get across. I didn't want people to get their expectations up like I had.

I never said I was ungrateful....in fact I did say we appreicated it in my posts (and we did).

-HM

Does anyone know if the San/Dolphin does something like this? I know they have an Elf tuck your kids in on Christmas Eve offer, but it is kinda $$$$$...$25 for first kids, $15 for each additional.

Originally posted by FINFAN
Does anyone know if the San/Dolphin does something like this? I know they have an Elf tuck your kids in on Christmas Eve offer, but it is kinda $$$$$...$25 for first kids, $15 for each additional.

That just creeps me out, for some reason! LOL!

safetymom - Do you think the WL would have similar Christmas Eve activities? And when did you find out about them? Did they leave it on your in-room voicemail??

Thanks! :wave2:

The elf thing seems weird to me too. :earseek: Picturing a grizzled elf tucking in toddlers. I imagine they actually use women though?

But regardless, that elf would stay in kids memories. I prefer imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter