• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas day meals

Sandie08

Earning My Ears
Me,DH, DD11, DD5 will be in WDW from Dec 23 through Dec 29 staying @ All Star Movies! This our our first trip ever to Disney! We already have ADR for the
Dec 23 at Cinderellas royal table 8:30 am
Dec 24 at Hollywood & vine 8:15 am
Dec 25 ???????
Dec 26????????
Dec 27 Chef Mickey 7:35 am
Dec 28??????????
Dec 29 Fantasmic dining experience @ Hollywood & vine @ 3:35 pm

Any help would be great we have nothing planned for Christmas day and would live to eat somewhere nice to celebrate Christmas! Thanks everyone

We were at Disney Christmas Day 2011.

On Christmas Eve, we did Candle Light Processional package at Epcot for Rose & Crown for Lunch. We really enjoyed it.

On Christmas Day, We tried to go to Epcot but the crowds were insane. So we decided to swim & we had a 4pm ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe. It was wonderful. It was traditional thanksgiving/Christmas meal.

I posted pics on the Food thread here on the dis.

AlohaAnnie said:
We were at Disney Christmas Day 2011.

On Christmas Eve, we did Candle Light Processional package at Epcot for Rose & Crown for Lunch. We really enjoyed it.

On Christmas Day, We tried to go to Epcot but the crowds were insane. So we decided to swim & we had a 4pm ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe. It was wonderful. It was traditional thanksgiving/Christmas meal.

I posted pics on the Food thread here on the dis.

Thanks I was sort of thinking animal kingdom Christmas day since we have never been at all I have read a lot but I think we are going to love animal kingdom! Thanks so much for some ideas!

FloridaSam said:
We've booked Raglan Road as they'll be doing a traditional Turkey dinner!

Sam

I will have to look into that one do you need reservations?

We are doing O'hana this year! We have done LTT in the past, I thought that was cool!

I was there this past Christmas. Christmas Eve we did Boma. Christmas Day we did Plaza Restaurant at MK. Day after we did Candlelight Processional at Teppan Edo. Good luck with your choices.

Harlemgirl720 said:
I was there this past Christmas. Christmas Eve we did Boma. Christmas Day we did Plaza Restaurant at MK. Day after we did Candlelight Processional at Teppan Edo. Good luck with your choices.

Thanks very much I'm so undecided! I am going to research a little more.

Thanks very much I'm so undecided! I am going to research a little more.

I think you need to hurry and make a decision ASAP. Book something!!!!!
It is one of the busiest times of the year and folks have been making their ADR's since June. The best places are going to be booked solid.
I would go to the Disney website and see what is still available.
Don't wait too long

Good Luck

I second the CP package with either Rose and Crown or Chef's of France for Christmas eve, really puts you in the holiday mood and is very touching.

You could try AK and Tusker House for Breakfast or Dinner - Character meals and they will be dressed in their finest holiday attire.

MK - LTT - They serve tradional Turkey and all the fixin's

Contempory - Chef Mickey's - The Fab 5 will be dressed to the nine's and the tradional items will be on the buffet. Some friends did this last year, and said they had such a good time and that the food was really good, and this is from some truly picky people. She said the turkey was really moist and the ham was to die for, and all the sides where good. After they went they went to MK and watched the fireworks. She said it was a great way to spend the day.

What ever you decide will be magical, Enjoy your trip:cloud9:

Most of the fine dining restaurants usually offer special Holiday meals on Christmas Day. If yor looking for something special, I recommend Flying Fish, Citricos or Yatchman's Steakhouse. I agree with the others though, book something soon!

I won't be there during Christmas, but this thread was interesting so wanted to pop in. All these options seem so great. Hopefully I'll be able to visit over Christmas one year... Enjoy your trip!

Ok everyone so we got reservations @ Tusker house @ 12:15 on Christmas day thanks everyone for y'all advise! I pray we like the food and that it's a Christmas meal because it is not on the holiday dining list!

Just booked Xmas day at chef Mickey's for 9pm will we still be able to see the fireworks

Ok everyone so I changed some of my ADR please let me know what y'all think!!!!
Dec 23 @ MK DAY Cinderellas royal table 8:30 am

Dec 24 @ HS DAY Hollywood & vine 8:15 am

Dec 25 @ AK DAY Mickeys Backyard barBque 7:00pm

Dec 26 @ EPCOT DAY no ADR

Dec 27 @ MK DAY Chef Mickey 7:35 am

Dec 28 @ AK DAY Tusker house 9:00 am

Dec 29 @ HS DAY no ADR

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED SO EXCITED ONLY 105 DAYS UNTIL WE ARE IN DISNEY FOR OUR VERY FIRST TIME TO DISNEY EVER!

thumbalyna said:
Just booked Xmas day at chef Mickey's for 9pm will we still be able to see the fireworks

That's awesome! We are doing Mickeys backyard bar b que Christmas day @ 7pm I'm very excited! What a way to end Christmas day huh? It's going to be wonderful Im sure

my only advice would be to possible change 1 or 2 breakfasts for lunch. It is VERY crowded at WDW over Christmas---and the AM is the best time to ride the rides before it gets more crowded. We like to eat in the room or get a really quick small breakfast item and then either have a TS late breakfast or have lunch or even early dinner. As I assume you want character meals, you might consider an early snack and then a 10:45 breakfast---but lunch is even better--if they still offer characters. I think MK will open for WDW hotel guests at 8AM all week--so getting to ride from 8am-10:30 is great.
Elaine

I love that you are doing Mickeys Backyard BBQ on Christmas Day. Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite places to visit around the holidays. Make sure you put some time aside to walk aroun the camp sites and look at the displays that some people put up. It's pretty incredable! You could even book a carriage ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter