Christmas Day and weather

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by anewmouse, Oct 21, 2010.

1. anewmouse

anewmouse Earning My Ears

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have cruised over Christmas in the past. Is dinner that night a formal occassion? Also, for the days at sea, typically what is the weather like? Should be assume shorts and tees are good or is it cool on the water?
    Thanks again

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vegs1

vegs1 Mouseketeer

That's definitely a tough question. We cruised a few years ago the week right before Christmas and just about froze on Castaway Cay. We were OK while on the ship but anywhere else, it was cool. I'd bring shorts/tees but also a pair of yoga pants and hoody just in case.

4. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

We cruised over Christmas back in 2004.

Dinner Christmas night was more formal (it was a 10 night cruise) with a special Christmas menu.

As for sea days - they were all great. Our only cold days were in Port Canaveral (leaving and coming home) and Castaway Cay. We were in St. Thomas on Christmas day and it was beautiful!

5. Sarabi's Cubs

Sarabi's Cubs DIS Veteran

When you say cold, do you mean jeans and a long sleeve shirt or coats and hats and gloves? Trying to decide what to pack and whether we can leave our fleece jackets in the car at the airport or should bring them with us.

6. DVC4US

DVC4US DVC Member Since 1998

It really depends on the cruise. In 2004 Christmas Day was spent in St. Thomas so it was not a scheduled formal night but as Mary posted earlier most people tended to be more dressy. This year on the 11-night cruise Christmas Day is a sea day so it is a scheduled formal night. As far as the weather, I have to agree with Mary again. In PC & CC it was pretty cool but the other days were beautiful. We went to the beach on Christmas Day in St. Thomas. The nights on the ship were a little colder so I would definitely take a sweater or light jacket.

7. DVC4US

DVC4US DVC Member Since 1998

From what I remember it was just jeans and a long sleeve shirt or light jacket. Last year it was freezing at WDW in December so I imagine PC was pretty cold but I still didn't have my winter gear on. Most nights I just wore a sweatshirt or my Columbia fleece.