Christmas Cruising 2005

How's it going evberyone?! I can't believe the time is finally here to start leaving! :Pinkbounc I hvae been talking to the teens and I am hoping we could meet up for the sail away party somewhere, maybe even in the terminal? I don't know, but I am getting so excited! :cheer2:

Is anyone staying at the Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge after the cruise!? I am staying at the Beach Club for 2 days and the Wildeerness Lodge for 2 days!

Well I wish I could stay and chat but I have to go finish packing! the fathers driving me nuts!? lol

Have a great rest of the weekend and final working days!

I'll be checking in later! :teeth:

I've mentioned meeting on deck 10 during the sailaway...

you all could gather upstairs and go down to the party together ::yes::

I'll be on the deck above the goofy pool to the left of the big screen...sporting my brand new long sleeve Christmas Cruising shirt :cool1:

I have a sign in my computer room that states "IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE LAST MINUTE NOTHING WOULD GET DONE AROUND HERE". Well, I went clothes shopping the other day, got quite a few things. I thought of a few more I like to try & find & a couple of movies on DVD I'd like to have. Soooooooo first I'll go to skating practice & then to Sears & then the base exchange.

The first indicator I have that the cruise is near is I don't have to go back to work until the 4th of Jan. (whoopie) :Pinkbounc It was a chore saving vacation time & sick time for the end of the year (1st time in 15 years at this job) but I did it.

Last cruise I was one of the last to post before leaving. Not that I mind; but, can't do that this time.

YAY!!!! The first Cruiser has left the building!!!!!
I can hardly take the excitement!

Grim, PM.

My Christmas dinner party went well, so now that it's over, there's nothing important standing between me and my cruise! Woo hoo!

Last minute details...Jesse's suit out of the tailor's, get the Bonine, batteries for our light-up swords...I'm so nervous again!

Just checking in before I get Jesse over to his friend's house for a party. A limo is taking the kids to some giant arcade. Imagine a limo for a 13 year old's party! Well, this family is "connected", so they have the $$$$$ that I surely don't have!

I can't wait to meet you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to mention, we bought a Nikon digital with video, and I'm a bit disappointed because it takes a few seconds before you can take the next picture. Are all digitals like that? I thought these cameras were like machine guns, snap, snap, snap...

Gotta go freak out now!

Hey I just thought of something.

Who's going to start the Live From The Christmas Magic trip report? I don't know if we're doing the wireless or the regular internet package. Any advice?? I'll be bringing my laptop to upload our pics everyday, so maybe go with wireless??

And I posted a thread begging someone to snap the port and Two Palms on Saturday. Then we can have a nice souvie of our ship with us on it!

domiii said:
Rutgers is playing in the Insight Bowl in Dede and Grim's neck of the woods on 12/27.

It's the Fiesta Bowl, dangit! I hate how everything is becoming a corporate name now. America West Arena. Bank One Ballpark. Coors Field.

"They should just get it over with and call Three O'Clock 'Pepsi'." - Douglas Coupland.

grim pirate:

tiggerwannabe said:
Grim & Dede! When are you arriving at AKL? Morning or night? Will you be in on lunch at Boma's with us? Do you two want to head to downtown disney with us that night?

Enquiring minds...

We probably won't be at AKL until 4:30 or 5:00. We're having dinner at Jiko that evening. AKL is one of my mostest favoritest places in the World (our livinng room decor is inspired by AKL), so We'll probably just hang out there for the short time we have.

grim pirate:

Tig, we won't be in on the Friday lunch. :guilty: We're meeting up with a CM friend of Chad's who's free for only that day, lucky for us. But if you're getting together for a Boma breakfast, we'd like to be included!

And for the sailaway party, I put it in my Works notes, so I won't be on the wrong side of the ship looking for you all!

Hey Tig~
Thanks for the DD invite, but Grim's right, since its our only night at AKL, we'll probably just walk around and hang out there. If there's a breakfast at Boma on Saturday morning, we might be up for that if it isn't too early.
Dede

See you all Saturday! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

indoboard.gif

Now this is the bomb. Where Tigg works they sell this. My GS works with her & has one at home. I tried it out.

( :rolleyes: Gonna get one - shh :goodvibes )

Finished my clothes & shoes shopping. Pack Tuesday. Wash the car inside & out. On Wed leave Zero Dark Thirty (5:30 am) :teeth:

I'll call Nan and see if she can get us breakfast at Boma's for Saturday.

Seating for 16 please :duck: Lynn, would you and Keith join us if we do breakfast at boma's on saturday?

Hey everyone! I FINALLY got back onto my name! hehe Thank Goodness! How is everyone doing so far? Anyone not done packing yet!? I know i'm not! hehe
Have a great rest of the week of work/school/whatever!

talk to everyone later!

Glad to see you back Tori!

I have alot packed but am not quite ready yet...two more days of work and we'll be on our way.

DD has last-minute-itis like her G'Mom ;) She has her bags in her room but nothing in them yet :rolleyes:

Prous of myself...found 2 way radios for $18 at Circuit City. Now Marcus can have a bit of freedom on the ship, and I won't be a lunatic!
Got Hailey packed. It didn't even fill her duffel! Of course I get her clothes in 3-2 1/2 gallon zipolocs, think I'm all done...found out she was wearing her shirt for her Xmas outfit today! (How observant am I??!!) SO gotta do a switch after laundry. Ziplocs are the bomb! Of course that does not include her 5 dresses that must go in the garment bag...we might need TWO of those...wonder who I can borrow one of those from??!!
Downer...Jack might have pink eye...unfortunately it isn't definitive, so will have to wait until AM to find out...that is difficult for teachers.
Grandma calenders almost done..only need to mount the pictures in and have Dan number all the months.
Well..gotta get back to packing!
Kris
:banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earseek: :banana: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Kris, thanks for reminding me...I'm going to check out some 2 way radios today. I should have done this months ago.

Woke up with a sick headache. I keep telling all of my ailments to do their thing now, and then get out of my system by Thursday night.

Work today, then a little shopping.

Tig you almost ready to leave the building??

grimgrinnin said:
It's the Fiesta Bowl, dangit! I hate how everything is becoming a corporate name now. America West Arena. Bank One Ballpark. Coors Field.
grim pirate:

I can't agree more!!!!

Tig- Please let me know when the package arrives! I hope it arrives undamaged!!! It is fragile. (Read as the father in Christmas Story says it!)

Who is next to leave after Tig and Jill? Just keeping track.

ONE suitcase packed!! Woo hoo. We were up late the other night and Dom checked the temps at St.Maarten and St Thomas. At 2AM the temperature was 75 to 78 degrees!! Yeah.

Just got reamed out by our diva music teacher for pulling kids from her class. Gee, it's the only time I can do it, heaven forbid I should infringe on her time. (she isn't known for her flexiblity...remember that diva mentality??!!)

Well, got the kids all packed, sort of. I was so proud that I got all their stuff in 2 duffels...then I remembered that doesn't include the boys' dress shirts, nor Hailey's dresses. I am thinking we might get by light...maybe not!
Also realized that one of Jack's brand new dress socks is missing! (YES ONE SOCK!), Hailey's white socks are SAD, and Marcus doesn't have enough unmentionables to get through the week, unless I force him to wear briefs! And I REFUSE to do laundry on vacation, especially since I would have to fight others to do it! So a few things to pick up this week...plus kids non-drowsy dramamine, just in case.

Teacher gifts to bag & get out....grandma calenders to finish & mail by Thurs....
Hailey has visitation at dance today....Haircuts & basketball practice Weds...
GOOD THING I TOOK FRIDAY OFF! (Dad actually could have watched Jack if we were in a pinch). I thought no biggie, we are in good shape...WOW! This week is gonna fly!

Well, gotta wrap things up here.
Bye!!!!!
Kris
5 more days and will be flying to sunny Orlando....(though might not be so sunny!)

Aisling said:
I forgot to mention, we bought a Nikon digital with video, and I'm a bit disappointed because it takes a few seconds before you can take the next picture. Are all digitals like that? I thought these cameras were like machine guns, snap, snap, snap...

Yup, those point and shoot cameras take great pictures, but they can be frustratingly slow. That's ultimately why I moved up to a digital SLR. Five frames per second, NOW! No shutter lag at all. No camera 'boot up' time. This gives you the ability to take a LOT of bad pictures very quickly :rotfl:

grim pirate:

Hi all! :wave:

So we're not packed yet, although Grim made a spreadsheet of what he's wearing each day. :p I tried doing the same, but its so hard to imagine what I'll feeling like wearing for any particular day. Its hard enough picking out dresses and such and just hoping that I'll feel like wearing "that sweater with the itchy collar" or "that dress that I can't breathe in", let alone my daytime clothes!

Kris~I took off Friday, too, because that's the day we're flying. I can't believe that Christmas Break starts so late this year, but at least we'll have time to come home and relax after the cruise.

Jill, what is that thing that you posted a picture of? Is it for exercising or something? (please don't laugh at me :blush: )

Hi Karen, Tig, Aisling, Tori, Lynn and everyone else I missed! (KRIS!)

3 more days for me after today! Yipee!! :earboy2:

See you all Saturday!

::MinnieMo Dede princess:

We are almost packed. We're missing one of the boys' ties. I still need to get my shoe door hanger. These last minute things are killing me. My house is trashed.

The boys have already finished the school work they will miss. The teachers were good about it.

DS8 has pink eye. He started drops Fri. night and looks good as new. We leave Thurs. morning. I'm praying no one else gets it and am bringing drops.

Am I rambling?

By the way, someone donated $5,000 to our school library this morning!(I'm the librarian.) I love to shop for books with money that is not mine. :teeth:

Funny: DS8 just came in and asked if he could have a massage on the cruise. :rotfl:

The kids are getting so excited the last 2 days. I think that it has hit them that we are actually going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter