Christmas Cruising 2005

Heyy everyone! We just got our DOCS today!! I am SO excited!! My dad told me to start packing but I think I am gonna wait a few more days and then start! hehe My friend is leavinbg TOMORROW to go on a cruise! (a different friend than the first) I am so excited! My blood is pumping through my veins SO fast! lol well I have to go because I am going to vollyeball..ugh! could I get enough of it!?

LynnTarrant said:
That'll be Chanty, put a lock on the gate the cabbages will go tonight!

( Jim the girls will be ok sleeping in the old hutch won't they!) :rotfl2:

Seriously Jim and Keith are quite good fun and if you went on the boat with them you'd have a blast, I'll be with the girls we're booked on Captain Nautica in the am .

Lynn, I better be the one in the Hutch!

Thanks for the good reference. We show a good, clean time. This would not be a "Lets go drinking and pretend to fish" trip. Fishing is secondary only to love of family!

Oops, lynn, there goes the cabbages!

Jim

The rest of our docs came. :cool1:

I was so excited until I thought about all of the work left to do to get ready. :teeth:

Sorry about your Bunny. Having lost my cats this past year I feel deeply for you. I'm truly glad I had gotten another cat even though I swore I wouldn't.

The Kamakazis are not a mix. I make them from scratch. I will probably make a fresh batch each day.

united-states-flag_1829_3534558.jpg

Remembering Pearl Harbor

:banana: :dancer: :banana: :dancer:

That my friends is the Skjerven Family doing the doc dance...

We got 'em! :goodvibes

Okay we're losers...last night at the dinner table UPS pulls up and I yell "get the camera get the video put the dog in the bedroom take the garment bag down from the door of our bedroom to close the door so the dog will stay in the bedroom" the UPS truck delivers (next door) and pulls away...we are all very sad and hands are full of camera & video camera. Paul takes my picture (insert here later to show you how sad I was, but never got to it last night or today)
th_HPIM6117.jpg

We are still losers....I come home from a "new" client meeting with a migraine take a pill and hit the pillow about 2:45, Paul gets the kids at school, he goes back out to the office to work, kids are in the house doing homework & tv and stuff, mom is sleeping it off. Dinner, Paul & kids at the table, mom in LR (lights too bright in kitchen) old client comes by to drop off daily mail and stuff, Paul greats him at the door...UPS envelope sits on the ground, he picks it up. Molly says oh ya, UPS came couldn't wake you Mom and Dad was working....

No lights...No cameras....But lots of action...... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

If only I could tell that story like Del's wife you'd laugh with me instead of at me. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now, when to worry about the Magical Express tags???? Should I call to check on them? They come just normal mail right?

Signing off for the night, screens too bright for the headaching eyes.

N

P.S. Jim, I so want to take a spot on the fishing trip but can't plan another event away from the kids....Next time we cruise I'm in with you and fishing with the big boys!!!!

I win!!! I hit page one hundred!!! Do I win a cruise, why yes Nanette you do, a Xmas cruise with your family and Dis friends....

Just had to come back and ask you if you think that Molly and I :banana: :banana: Look great in our formal wear. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Did I tell you that I take drugs for these headaches? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Last minute details done,

Room in Santee SC for the 21st-booked
Overnight at friend's house and dinner in Jacksonville-confirmed
Night at AKL - reservation requests reconfirmed with hotel today :crosses fingers for Hotel Pixie Dust: - done

...tickets, tickets, tickets...
one day at MGM, Jan 1st
one night at HOB, Dec 31st
one night for girls at Disney Quest, Dec 23rd
(Mom's need to shop dtd ;) kids can play at the arcade )

revamping itinerary and finishing projects for cruise,
packing-I looked at the suitcases today and will most likely pack this weekend,
have to p/u Stef at MCO-DME won't take her alone cause she's under 18 :angry:
(9:40 am Friday-must leave Jax by 6:40am)
check-in at AKL, meet Nanette and then everyone else as they arrive :cloud9:

it's so close I can taste it...:hyper:

:wave: goodnight christmas cruisers :grouphug:

go back a few posts and see my sad face or better yet here it is again....
th_HPIM6117.jpg

Are you sure you people want to cruise with me?

Drugs give me more mirgraine drugggggsssss :rotfl2: :
rotfl2:

No docs yet .. am waiting impatiently!

Jim a big THANK YOU. I just printed out the sticky on "ALL the best tips" posted by none other than our very own JIM!! (We do get possessive around here, don't we!) I didn't realize it was your post until I got to the signature!!

Aisling, I never answered you, yes John Pinette (SP?) was the lead. He is VERY nice and great in the part. We were with Kayla's friend, who is handicapped, trying to get a taxi to the resturant 9 blocks away, when he got into his limo. As he drove past us I yelled 'Thank you'. He had his driver stop the car, opened the window and said 'No thank you. You were a great audience.' We told him the show was a lot of fun and that we had a good time. He didn't have to stop, but it was nice. It was great for Kayla and Jessica to be a part of that!

Some idiot as we were leaving the theater, (which didn't have an elevator) was behind Jess, she was making her way down the stairs, and said 'well I guess they are letting the crippleds leave now.' The poor kid was distraught and in tears. People are cruel.

We were glad our evening ended at the WOD and the tree. And no I haven't seen Rent, play or movie. Kayla has seen the play, she loves the music.

Can you tell month end is finally done? Am taking tomorrow off for many reasons. I was taking half a day anyway as Kayla has a Caroling Fest in town - lots of local high schools - lots of beautiful music. With the threat of snow why come in late and leave early? Plus it is a bad day for my family and my mom is feeling it already, so I'll spend time with her too!

Saturday is auditions for Central Jersey Regional Choir, so Dom and I are the bus chaperones. Love going because we love these kids! Sunday I am catering a party for my SIL. At least she recognizes this time! Did most of my shopping last night so to avoid the rush tonight. Everyone buying everything thinking they are going to be snowed in for a month!

Well, back to work for me.

I am here at a weird time cuz we are doing holiday program rehearsal. Since Gr. 3-5 is tonight, (K-2 at 2:30, so I watched rehearsal--so PROUD of Hailey! She had a long difficult paragraph to memorize in a week...I was a bit concerned..she never ONCE asked for help, and she NAILED it!)
So will watch real program tonight, and am taking a bit of plan time now while my teammate is in charge of our kids. So you see I do much work during my plan time! :rotfl2: Actually, I do need to see that all have turned in homework...
So just a hi...more responses to you all later
Kris

Heyy everyone! We just got our DOCS today!! I am SO excited!!
Dancing with Tori! Woo hoo! :banana:

We got 'em!
Dancing with the Skjerven family! Woo hoo! :cheer2:

Ok, so far it's Lynn, 3x, Tori, and Nan.

Grim, I called Costco yesterday and was told that Disney UPSed the docs to them yesterday, and with a 24 turn-a-round, we're looking at Monday.

Anyone else get their ME tags besides me and Grim? If you didn't, call them!

Nan, I guarantee you won't look so depressingly sad like in your photo when we gaggle of geese get together in 2 weeks!!!

And yes, you and Molly looked very beautiful all dressed up. But I would rather have seen you ham it up a bit in the photo! I didn't want to say anything because I know how you wanted to get a red dress, but I'm wearing a beautiful red satin gown for formal night. It took me a year and a day to decide, but it's doone. Had it fitted yesterday. I look like a round tomato, but at least it'll be a pretty tomato. That's what I have to tell myself whenever I see the freaking size tag! I don't care...I'll be with my friends who won't make salad jokes when they see me!

Karen, I feel bad for Kayla's friend. It's bad enough that people have to say things like that, but to let the girl hear it is despicable. Man, I'm glad I wasn't there. You would have had to cover the girls' ears! I love putting rude people in their places, tending to bleep a lot, especially when they hurt kids!

Jill, thank you for acknowleding Pearl Harbor Day. Jesse's school had a memorial assembly, the first time I can remember them doing that.

Hi Kris, would you take a break please????!!!! Where do you get your energy??? I was going to say send some my way, but I changed my mind. Lounging around suits me just fine! :rotfl2:

Tig, I have 3 tickets to DQ, so we might end up there too on the 23rd. We always go there the day we leave WDW, so that place has bittersweet memories for us. So I want to change the feeling and go there at the start of vacation instead of at the end, for a change!

Good idea about checking your AKL ressies. It pays to be on top of things, just in case. I'm going to follow your good example and make some confirmation calls today, too. ;)

Karen:

I'm thinking that you may as well send our shirts to AKL. The address is....(going to call them now)

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
on behalf of Guest: Skjerven, Nanette 12/17/05-12/24/05
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
407-938-3000

Please let me know when and if you do send them there so that I know to look for them, or if you'd rather hold on to them for the cruise that's okay too, whatever you decide just let me know. Have we a plan to wear them all together somewhere yet????

Our ME tags and WDW tickets were mailed on 12/2/05, oh I hope they make it here soon, this is nerve wracking waiting on this stuff!!!!

N

Nanette,

Love the sad face! We have the same one here. I swear they send them out to the farthest people first.

I did hear from the TA that they are at AAA and they are sending them out!

Love to have you come fishing, but lynn will tell you neither Keith nor I really qualify for "the big boys".

Jim

PS One of my clients is one of the best inventors in the world and is currently working on a Migrane fix. He invented the Cardio-stent that JNJ sells for hardening of the arteries, so he is definitely for real. Hope!

My sister(shelly) got hers, too. Our names are all S's. Maybe they send them out alphabetically some how.

We got our ME tags last week.

Just got the tracking number for our docs from the TA.

Pulled out the tux and tonight everyone is trying on gowns, etc for the cruise!!!

That "All the best Tips" was something I pulled together a while back AFTER tax season was over and I had a LOT of nervous energy to burn off.

Can't believe it has had over 40,000 views.

Dancing For Shelly:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Jim

Pulled out the tux and tonight everyone is trying on gowns, etc for the cruise!!!
I love this image. This whole experience is so wonderful, even without having left home yet. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter