• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Cruise Details?

Tooth Fairy

DIS Veteran
I am looking for details about cruising in Dec. (7 day eastern-week before Christmas). Navigators would be great as well as proper attire . Also, is it warm enough to snorkel at Trunk Bay and CC during that time? Many Thanks!!

T.F.:
We were on the 4 day Wonder this past Christmas. We were on C.C. on Christmas day and it was very warm, but the water was pretty cool. I tried to snorkel, but I was too much of a weanie to go all the way under ( too cold!), but tons of others were doing it.

Our only other stop was Nassau and the weather there was great, also. The coldest places on the whole cruise were the restaurants!

Chip

Am glad to know that the kids and DH will probably get to snorkel. Any other tips for the Holiday cruise?

Do they change the dinner menus on holidays?
You know, to something more Christmasy?:confused:

I was on a 3 night wonder cruise last December, and we are on the Magic Eastern this year. Both crusies were the week before Christmas.
The weather in my opinion was perfect. Sunny and in the 70's. The water was definately cool in CC, but being from NE that was fine with me to even be in Caribbean water instead of being in 4 feet of snow!
The decorations on the ship were beautiful beyond words, but the food was the same. If you do a cruise over Christmas day I know that they do a "Christmas dinner" menu, but any other week, it's the same menus as usual.

We are sailing on the Magic Dec. 14th - it's our first cruise with our twins (8yr. boy/girl). I thought prehaps the water would be warmer in St. Thomas than around CC - what do you think? We are from the south so anything under 80 is "starting to cool off" What about the attire for kids?
Thanks!

WE WILL BE ON THE SAME CRUISE!!

I would agree that the water might be warmer in St Thomas and St Maartin than in CC. I haven't been to those islands tho, so I only know about CC. Being from the south, you definately might think that the water in CC is cool. =)

For attire for the kids, in my opinion if you just stay away from shorts or denim in the dining rooms you should be good. You will see everything.... from jeans on casual nights, to evening gowns on formal nights, so as long as the kids look nice that's all that matters.

Can't wait for our cruise!!!

We were on the Magic Christmas week last year. It was cool while at sea a day or so, but on land, it was warm enough to snorkel. We were on St. Marteen on Christmas day and spent most of the day at the beach. It was comfortable in the water and on land. CC day was warm and sunny and snorkeling was good.

The days for the special menus etc. were changed for that week. Christmas night was tropical night, but there was a special menu for dinner. Christmas Eve was formal night ( a switch from the usual time). Chirstmas morning Santa Goofy was under the tree greeting children and handing out presents. The waiters did a special program, I believe on Christmas eve, about Christmas in their homeland.

We had such a great time that we are returning for the Dec. 14 Magic this year. T.F., luv2tvl - see you then!

I did a little research before booking my Christmas 2003 cruise on the Magic. I remember reading about a family gingerbread house decoration contest...Whoever uses the most candy on their house wins, or something like that! Also, there is Christmas caroling on the ship. I can't wait!
Ann

I have cruised in early/mid-December the past three years and will do so again this year. The ships are beautifully decorated, there are special holiday activities (caroling, gingerbread house decorating, etc.) but the menus remained the same. I believe they did have special menus for Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day, but that's it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter