Christmas breakfast ideas

maslex

DIS Veteran
So now that Thanksgiving is over, time to plan for Christmas!

This year is a little different schedule wise with our two boys & their families but it's fine, we're making it work :)

Christmas Eve is always at my brothers. Get together for good food/snacks/desserts, games and Yankee Swap.

The Saturday before Christmas we're getting together with my oldest son, his wife and my 2 grandsons. This year my oldest grandson's year to spend with his dad so we won't see him Christmas Day. Just gonna order some pizza and watch the boys open their gifts!

And for Christmas Day, our youngest son with his fiance and twin granddaughters are coming over later in the day for appetizers/snacks/desserts. I've decided NOT to make a big meal. Everybody was on board so I think it'll be fun/different to do just apps. Anyhow, it'll just be me and my husband here Christmas morning. We don't normally do anything big meal wise for Christmas morning but I was thinking since we're only having apps/snacks later in the afternoon (probably between 3-4pm) I might want to make something special for breakfast.

So shoot me some ideas on what you make?

My wife makes creamed chipped beef every year for Christmas breakfast. Bread options are toast, english muffins or biscuits.

I have a Cafe Du Monde Beignet mix.

I made them on Christmas morning a few years back and they were a hit, so I think that’s what we’re going with this year. :)

Always cinnamon rolls. DD depends on them. I make gluten free.
DS and DIL are hosting, starting in the morning. So I think some kind of egg casserole, some fruit.
It is just grab and go back to opening presents.

I have the recipe for the Trail's End bread pudding. I may give that a go and see how it turns out. That would be a nice addition to our Christmas breakfast. Or dinner for that matter.
EDIT: This recipe comes from @bama_ed our resident guru of the camping at Ft Wilderness forum. He got the recipe from the Chef at Trail's End, then broke down the huge commercial recipe down to a manageable size for home use. He has posted everything in the camping forum for anyone to use. I just don't recall where it's at.

Last edited:
I make an overnight egg strata with egg, sausage (or bacon), cheese, milk, bread. I also make cinnamon rolls (easy ones!). I make them both the night before, bake the egg stuff (about an hour) while the rolls are on the stove, then bake the rolls while the casserole sets.

Cinnamon Rolls
1 1-lb. loaf frozen bread dough, thawed

1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1½ T. ground cinnamon
4 T. butter or margarine

2 T cream cheese, softened
2 T butter, softened
3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
1/4 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

I usually thaw the dough in the fridge early in the morning – it’s thawed when I make the rolls sometime after dinner. Or just thaw on the counter per package instructions. During the holidays you can sometimes find Rhodes Sweet Bread Dough.

Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside. Roll dough into about a 10 X 14 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 4 T. butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.

Roll up dough and cut into 8 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased baking pan. Cover (I use a warm wet dish towel) and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes (or you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight - remove from fridge in the morning and then allow to rise, about an hour in a warmed oven).

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 2 T butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving. I'll often make extra frosting for them, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter