Christmas Break at CSR UPDATED WITH PICTURES!

Thanks for those wonderful pics and the 411 on the place, sounds like its not that big oh deal no matter where we are placed!! I am getting more and more excited but 5 + months is WAY off....
Up until I started back here I was SOLD on the CBR, that was until I read up on your posts and that darn Buzz guy.... My wife liked the CBR from the pics but when I showed here the CSR she loved the SW theme, now its CSR all the way....I know my kids are going to LOVE the pool.....I might enjoy it somewhat.....:laughing: We are booked for 7 nights and I was thinking about making it and even 8, depends on what kind of deal I can swing............

My pleasure. Any questions, we'll try to answer. Glad your wife loved the theme. And I know your kids will love the pool--ours did.

Glad you had a great trip! We did too! Just did a split stay at CSR and CBR 12/31-1/6. We've stayed at both resorts multiple times before and like them both.

The Christmas decorations at CSR were just beautiful. I had not seen them in person before. The pool was great as always but didn't get to use the hot tub as much as I would have liked as it was packed with sports team college kids most of the times I tried. We were in Cabanas 8B. Queen beds, room still had the old furniture. I like the upgraded sheets, blankets and towels. They really make a difference. Last January when we stayed at CSR there was golf cart taxi service around the resort, none this time. I asked and was told its not a regular service but sometimes conventions pay for it. I thought the taxi service was great last time and had hoped it was a regular thing.

The only downside to me at CSR is the quick food options and food prices! At Pepper Market I wanted eggs cooked to order w/ bacon - as listed on the menu - but found I had to stand in 3 lines, one for eggs, one for bacon, one for toast! Too much of a pain! Rix Cafe is a big improvement for something quick, but a crossiant was $4.95 at Rix Cafe, ouch! ($2.59 at CBR food court.)

Overall, I prefer to stay at CSR when I have a car and can easily travel elsewhere for food ;)

Oh, I forgot, we like to sleep late, and kept hearing doors slamming against the lock bar or whatever its called. So much that I wanted to open the door and scream PLEASE STOP SLAMMING THE DOORS. I joked with one of the housekeepers that now we know how they get people out of the room on checkout day haha, she apologized and said it wasn't housekeeping but the remodeling going on. I don't really expect quiet after 9am, but it was anoying. And we heard lots of loud flushing toliets too. Those noises get drowned out at CBR since the room air conditioner drowns them out.

As of Sept 2008, they were only $3.95. They went up a buck?

Bakery
Homemade Baked Goods and Pastries

Muffins, Plain Biscuits, cookies $2.50

Pecan Roll, Turnover, Croissant, Cinnamon Roll, Fruit Cake, Danish, Muffin Danish $3.95

Specialty Cakes and Pastries, Bread, Pie Slice $4.75

I didn't even see them on the CBR menu for Port Royale but they may have gone up over there too.

Rix Cafe is a big improvement for something quick, but a crossiant was $4.95 at Rix Cafe, ouch! ($2.59 at CBR food court.)

As of Sept 2008, they were only $3.95. They went up a buck?

No, they went up 30 cents. I just checked my receipt and croissant was 2 for $8.50, so I mis-read $4.25 for $4.95 at the counter, darn those bi-focals :blush: Still ouch! CBR price was $2.59 per my receipt.

No, they went up 30 cents. I just checked my receipt and croissant was 2 for $8.50, so I mis-read $4.25 for $4.95 at the counter, darn those bi-focals :blush: Still ouch! CBR price was $2.59 per my receipt.

You are right -- OUCH! Well, good thing DH and I are both on diets this year and won't be getting those croissants. :lmao:

We stayed at CSR for the first time over Thanksgiving. Even during the holiday week it was never crowded or noisy. Our party consisted of DH, DS6, DS12, my parents and I.

I faxed in a room request a few days beforehand. I asked for building 8B as it was near the pool and bus stop, connecting rooms and that they be ready for our check-in if at all possible by 1:00 because we had been traveling since 5:30 and heading to MVMCP that evening (I did not that we had 2 children and 2 grandparents.) We received everything and were upgraded to a waterview as well. It was a very good location and probably took no more than 5 minutes to walk to the main building. Next time I would request building 8A though.

The queen beds were wonderful, great housekeeping, the buses were usually 1/2 full if even that. The Pepper Market was good and never crowded - and we were on the DDP and had several Rib Eye steaks for a CS credit!!! Delicious! We didn't go to the main building everyday as it wasn't necessary. The kids loved the pool, slide and hot tub. I loved the yummy frozen drinks!

No question the resort is sprawled out, but you can take the buses around the resort to where you need to go. Yes, the bus is only for CSR it doesn't stop at any other resorts AND the loading stations at all the parks are usually first or second! We loved that at the end of the day! I felt bad for the POP people who usually had quite a hike!

We've never stayed in a Deluxe, but this past trip we went to each one for dinner. Walking into the main building in each and every one was SO loud, there were so many people and things going on. Walking into CSR lets you think you're on a peaceful vacation after a busy day at the parks.

One more thing, CSR in my opinion, is VERY close to all the parks! MK was the furthest, but everything else seemed to be less than 10 minutes. There even seemed to be a straight shot to DTD!

I have never been to POFQ so I can only tell you what I thought of my first visit to CSR. If the price was right, we would certainly return!

Michelle
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a great trip!

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter