• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at the Yacht Club?

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I tried really hard to book the Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip in December, but all I could get was the Yacht Club. I'm not complaining. It seems like a very nice resort. I stayed at the Beach Club in May and enjoyed it, so I expect the Yacht Club to be just as enjoyable. My question is what does the Yacht Club do to get in the Christmas Spirit? Are the decorations nautical themed? Any special Christmas events that go on at the resort? Also, I'm really just interested in hearing about other people's experiences at the Yacht Club. Thanks all :goodvibes

I'd love to know this too. I just booked a room at the Yacht club this morning for the end of Dec and have never been there. Hope it's as nice as it looks!

You know, you are allowed to start your own new thread rather than reviving threads from four and five years ago.

Okay, so I tried really hard to book the Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip in December, but all I could get was the Yacht Club. I'm not complaining. It seems like a very nice resort. I stayed at the Beach Club in May and enjoyed it, so I expect the Yacht Club to be just as enjoyable. My question is what does the Yacht Club do to get in the Christmas Spirit? Are the decorations nautical themed? Any special Christmas events that go on at the resort? Also, I'm really just interested in hearing about other people's experiences at the Yacht Club. Thanks all :goodvibes

YC's lobby's main draw is the train set running at Christmas. It's beautiful. They have trees that are decorated with boating/yachting stuff. It's one of the things we love about resort hopping at Christmas time when we want to see all the goodies everywhere!

YC Lobby by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

YCRR5 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

YCRR3 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

YC RR1 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

YC RR6 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

YC tree by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The best thing about staying at the YC in December isn't the beautiful decorations but rather the fact that Epcot is a very short walk away. There are a lot of wonderful Christmas activities and decorations in Epcot. If we ever get a chance to go back to WDW in December we would stay at the BC or YC , just so we could spend more time at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter