Christmas at the Fort???

mouse2mouse

Mouseketeer
I know its the most crowded time but we have so many days in a row where everyone is off. We are looking at Dec. 26th to Jan. 2nd. We would be in a tent and not sure how many park days. Any helpful hints would be great. There are 6 of us and we will do lots of meals at camp.

We are going to try this, too - except we are renting a trailer. Looking forward to hearing from someone who's done it!

Make your reservations if you havent, we did that one year and never again just too crowded, The best time we had was first part of Dec.

Just plan on very large crowds and also do not expect to do everything you want just have plenty of patience and you will do fine. This is a great time to go one thing we do is when the parks get real crowded we take a break and go to the resorts to see how they are decorated for the holidays.

Late December is kind of dicey weather-wise. Sometimes it's pleasant, other times it can be really cold an wet.
I agree completely. Just like the OP I too visit in December because all of our kids are off at the same time and it usually means two weeks in a row!

This year was fantastic weather, last year - well not so much...

We are also now considering Labor Day week instead of Christmas. I love Christmas at Disney:) But I love low crowds as well. I am pretty sure we will not camp during labor day week especially if i get FD. I will have to take my kids out of school but I don't think they will mind. We will make a final decision by end of March.

Does anyone know if Dec. 29th to Jan. 6th would be better than the week of Christmas up to NYE? Im just wondering if it changes the crowd that much at the FT.

Does anyone know if Dec. 29th to Jan. 6th would be better than the week of Christmas up to NYE? Im just wondering if it changes the crowd that much at the FT.
I was wondering the same thing last Christmas, we were there from Dec 24 through Jan 6. We didn't notice any difference the second week.

I was wondering the same thing last Christmas, we were there from Dec 24 through Jan 6. We didn't notice any difference the second week.

Hey everybody. The crowd levels starting around Dec 19th are a 10 (packed) and stay that way till around Jan 2nd, then it drops off. I you go around Dec 1st to the 16th the crowd levels a great, and all the decorations are all up. You will have a great time whenever you go!!! Have fun.....

Dave

Make your reservations if you havent, we did that one year and never again just too crowded, The best time we had was first part of Dec.

We had never gone that week before so decided to give it a try as everyone said it was so nice - went that week Dec. '10 - nearly froze to death - high 20's a few nights - wind chill and 40's during the day. :eek: I'm a deep south girl, but still thought I was safe. We'll wait a few years before trying that again. Almost slipped down on the wharf in ice at MK - stayed in the MH all day one day, was chilled to the bone even with gloves, hats scarves watching the Osbourne Lights the evening before.:scared1: Know we were just unlucky, but the thing with weather is, you never know :confused3

Dave: I wish we could go earlier but my kids have exams:rolleyes: so that gives us the time they are out of school ....when everyone is out of school:scared1: We could extend into the new year a couple days and they would only miss 2 days and we would get some less crowded park time.

North of the Mouse: We were there for the day during that time. We went to target and bought lots of warm clothes. They were sold out of gloves and hats. Hope that will not be the case again:eek:

We are also now considering Labor Day week instead of Christmas. I love Christmas at Disney But I love low crowds as well. I am pretty sure we will not camp during labor day week especially if i get FD. I will have to take my kids out of school but I don't think they will mind. We will make a final decision by end of March.
I wouldn't change Christmas plans to avoid the crowds, with reasonable expectations and little planning the parks and the Fort are a fantastic Christmas destination

Christmas at Disney, and the Fort, simply ROCKS !!! :cool1: Its decorated so nice. We do Xmas as much as possible coming down from the deep freeze is such a treat.

We navigate the Xmas week with 3 kids all under 6 yrs old. Follow the advice of the other posts. Don't set expectations too high for the parks. Plan, review, then plan some more. Know when the 6 month windows is for dinning and other reservations so you can call and book before everything fills up.

Hanging at the Fort and cruising the hotels to look at decorations is a week in itself.

Whatever you do enjoy yourself and if you go this year we will see you there.

Mark

I got a 30%PIN for the cabins during Labor Day week. So I booked that. MY plan B is Dec. 29th to Jan.6th. I am torn between the two. I love Christmas time at Disney we have done it a couple of times off site and earlier Dec. My kids would only miss a couple days of school. Sept was a great deal and very low crowds and possible free dining:) but will have to pull kids for 4 days. I plan to wait and see what specials come out in the next few months and discuss it with my older kids. If I could go earlier in Dec. there wouldn't be any questions..but exam schedules are the problem this year.

I got a 30%PIN for the cabins during Labor Day week. So I booked that. MY plan B is Dec. 29th to Jan.6th. I am torn between the two. I love Christmas time at Disney we have done it a couple of times off site and earlier Dec. My kids would only miss a couple days of school. Sept was a great deal and very low crowds and possible free dining but will have to pull kids for 4 days. I plan to wait and see what specials come out in the next few months and discuss it with my older kids. If I could go earlier in Dec. there wouldn't be any questions..but exam schedules are the problem this year.
That's a tough call for sure, I've been in September and December and based on my family situation now with time off etc. its a no brainer for us - December is it. My only thought here would be that if you are still considering your plan B in late December you might want to book it as it will become more difficult as time draws near - you can cancel with no penalty if need be

well we are headed down for dec 23 to jan 4 doing christmas and new years day and our anniversary (jan 3) any info would be appriciated

well we are headed down for dec 23 to jan 4 doing christmas and new years day and our anniversary (jan 3) any info would be appriciated

:welcome:

:disrocks:

Just keep checking this board. The chatter will pick up the closer you get to your travel dates.

Bama ED

I know its the most crowded time but we have so many days in a row where everyone is off. We are looking at Dec. 26th to Jan. 2nd. We would be in a tent and not sure how many park days. Any helpful hints would be great. There are 6 of us and we will do lots of meals at camp.

Just be prepared for unbelievable crowds, wall to wall people.
The Christmas lighting in all the parks is fantastic, it really brings out the holiday spirit, but having gone to WDW for New Years Eve, I will never do it again. We love going during the holiday season, but will not go for the holiday itself, just too crowded.

We all adore Disney and go as often as possible...but truthfully I'm not sure Id even go if I had a 100% free trip...was there the 19th 2 years ago and the crowds were so bad it was just not even fun!!!..Just plan on LONG lines, rude people and tired grumpy kids!!! lol:confused3:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter