Christmas at Pop Century - December 20 - 26, 2009 - with pictures (More pics on pg.2)

continued......

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

The abandoned Legendary Years. ----

170.jpg

171.jpg

The end of the sidewalk. ----
172.jpg

continued.......

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a nice stay! We visited Pop for the first time in Sept. and thought the CMs were the best at any WDW resort we've stayed at!

continued......

I found a few more pictures that I missed of the food court.

This on our arrival day, dinner. -----

042.jpg

These are for breakfast on Monday. Crowd is not bad when you eat early. -----

040.jpg

041.jpg

This one is on Christmas Eve morning when we had a late breakfast. Not quite as pleasant as eating early. ----

097.jpg

This is the end of my Pop pictures.

Pop Century is not for everyone. It's not grand as the Grand Floridian, or as quaint as Port Orleans, or as relaxed as the Polynesian and CBR, etc. but it is big on fun if you want it to be. :)

Thank you for sharing. We were there 11/30-12/10 for the first time and love re-living it through your pictures.

OP does your family enjoy being at WDW for Christmas?
We've decided to postpone our annual summer trip and go for Christmas 2010
My DH has wanted to do this for a few years now but I wanted to wait til the kids were a little older.
What do you enjoy doing on Christmas Day? Assuming you celebrate Christmas that is! Where did you have dinner that day?

Thanks for sharing! :santa:

Thanks for sharing. We will be at the POP in 19 days. We have never stayed at A WDW hotel before, and I am super excited. After seeing your pics- even MORE excited. Thanks!!

Those were great! We have stayed at POP twice and just love it - it will be awhile before we stay anywhere else.

OP does your family enjoy being at WDW for Christmas?
We've decided to postpone our annual summer trip and go for Christmas 2010
My DH has wanted to do this for a few years now but I wanted to wait til the kids were a little older.
What do you enjoy doing on Christmas Day? Assuming you celebrate Christmas that is! Where did you have dinner that day?

Thanks for sharing! :santa:

PelletierBears,
We have been at WDW for New Year's a few times, but this was our first trip to be there for Christmas day. My husband works 7 days on - 7 days off, holiday or not. He has worked for Christmas for the past few years, and was on his days off for Christmas this year, we always wanted to be there for Christmas just one year, and this was the year.

We do celebrate Christmas and we thoroughly enjoyed it! My kids are 16 and 23 so Santa isn't a problem anymore. We knew that we wanted to be at Magic Kingdom first thing Christmas morning, MK opened at 7am for resort guests. Then when MK got too busy, we would move to Epcot. We didn't arrive to MK until about 9am, because of the rain. We went to Fantasyland first and the rides were walkons, including Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, this was 2 hours after park opening. We managed several other rides with short waits. We had counter service for both lunch (Columbia Harbour House) and dinner (Yakatori House - Epcot), didn't make ADRs. We left MK around 2pm, we met massive crowds pouring into the park as we were leaving. Later heard that MK was closed around 3pm. We finished off our day at Epcot for Illuminations, they had a beautiful Christmas finale.

We are Catholic and usually would go to church, but we didn't attend while at Disneyworld. They had religious services at the Contemporary Resort: Catholic masses at 8am and 10:15am, and Protestant Service at 9am. You were asked to use Disney transportation because of parking restrictions.

One of the most special moments of the trip for me was during the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights. -----

064.jpg

After gazing at all of the lights, we just stood around soaking in the atmosphere. The song Feliz Navidad came blaring over the speaker. I happened to look around at the crowd of people. Just about everyone was singing, dancing, smiling thoroughly enjoying the moment, while "snow" was falling from the sky. It was wonderful.

If you want to have an enjoyable trip at Christmas, be at the parks early, eat meals early or off hours, and when it gets crowded, do the shows and then soak in the atmosphere. We would do it again.

I am bookmarking this thread for when I need to go to my "happy place"! :goodvibes

Thanks again for sharing such great pics!:flower3:

Thanks so much for this thread, great pics. It got me excited all over again for our trip next month, in exactly 4 weeks and we will be snoozing in our PoP beds :goodvibes to hit MK rope drop next day. I know it won't be all Christmas-y but I'll be happy to be there :cheer2:

Nice pics. Good to see a few different ones from the usual resort pics :)

Will be there next week and I'll try and pick out a few bits you don't usually see like the "Grab-A-Cup" drink machine.

Wonderful pictures. I love Pop so much. you should post them in the Pop picture thread.

Thank you so much for sharing these awesome pics! We love POP also but we will be staying in one of the Family Suites at Music in June 2010. My boys are 20 and 17 and we are really looking forward to the two bathrooms. But I will miss POP so much!

I loved looking at your pictures! Pop Century is my favorite hotel. Even if I was a millionaire, I would stay at Pop. We have such good memories there. I have always wanted to go around Christmas, but will never get to because DH works retail. Thanks so much for posting!

Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL pics of POP! :thumbsup2

It's our favorite resort and makes waiting until August a little easier when I see it in pictures.

WOW what an awesome report! :goodvibes I'm so glad you enjoyed POP! Thanks so much for sharing.

We had a similar experience at the Osborne Lights, it was fantastic!

Thanks for posting your Christmas-time pics of Pop Century!

We stayed there back in Feb 09 for the first time, and loved it. We want to go back to the world in Nov or Dec. 2010, and we are not sure where to stay, but I'm really liking the pix you put up!!

I may very well be convinced to stay at POP again!

Thanks for sharing, loved the pics, was there in Oct 2009 and going back Sept 2010 and taking some more family with me and am seriously looking forward to introducing them to WDW and The Pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter