Christmas at Pop Century - December 20 - 26, 2009 - with pictures (More pics on pg.2)

WDWisOurHappyPlace

Mouseketeer
Who: Me - 48, DH - 50, DS - 23, DD - 16

When: Arrive Sunday, December 20 - Depart Saturday, December 26

Where: Pop Century Resort

History: This was our 28th Disneyworld trip, our 5th time staying at Pop Century. We have stayed in the 60’s building 3 times and the 70’s building once.

Pre-trip: I booked Pop Century in July and was able to get a discount for the first 5 nights, and then pay regular holiday price for our last night, which was great considering the time of year. I had 3 room requests marked on our reservation: 50’s or 60’s building, ground floor, facing the lake.

Arrival day: We arrived at Pop around 4:00 pm. --------

013.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

The lobby was not too crowded at all, with just a short wait to get up to the desk. Our CM was a very senior citizen lady, I don’t remember her name. She was a little slow, but I was impressed that she had computer skills at her age, she appeared to be at least 80 years old. ( she told us that she was from Detroit, she and her husband had planned to move down to Florida, but he died before that happened. She decided to move down on her own.) She was a very sweet woman. She took all of the basic information and the time came for her to pull out the Pop Century map and show us our location. She circled building 3, which was the 50’s building, our first request. She then told us it was a ground floor room, our second request. But she didn’t know where it was located in building 3. So we went back to our car, drove to the 50’s parking lot, grabbed as much luggage and stuff that we could carry and went in search of our room. We found it, and it was facing the lake, our third request! So, all 3 of our reservation requests were met, we were happy!

Our room was #3114 and it ended up being a great location. It was a short walk to the main building and a short walk to the parking lot. I inspected the room before we started unpacking, and I can honestly say the room was in top shape. It smelled fresh and was very well cleaned. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about our room. We had no issues with outside noise, probably because of the location. It was not a well traveled area, and that’s what we like about lake facing rooms. Pictures of our information folder, the new little jackets for KTTW cards, and the bounceback offer. -----

036.jpg

035.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

After we unloaded our car, we went in search of something to eat. We ended up ordering a 16” pizza from the food court. It was pretty good. -------

030.jpg

We also got to watch the CM’s doing “The Hustle”. --------

031.jpg

032.jpg

A few pics of the beverage island. -------

072.jpg

My daughter and I LOVE the Peak tea that's served around Disneyworld.

073.jpg

074.jpg

We ate breakfast at the food court each morning. --------

039.jpg

We also had other meals at the food court. --------

071.jpg

174.jpg

Continued in next post........

We had a non park day for Christmas Eve, so I took time to take some pictures of Christmas decorations around the main building. -------

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

087.jpg

201.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

088.jpg

Santa came by before starting his busy night. -------

175.jpg

There were cookies and lemonade in the lobby for those who wanted some. -------

122.jpg

There was a gingerbread house contest. ---------

120.jpg

121.jpg

Overall, we had a fabulous stay at Pop Century Resort. Nothing at all happened to put a damper on our trip.

We are planning a 2010 summer trip and planned to stay at CBR, because we had an awesome stay there last summer. Now after having such a great time at Pop, I don’t know where we’ll stay! To those of you that are on the fence about staying at Pop Century because of bad reviews, I hope that my review can help you a little bit.

I have more pictures that I will post when I get them uploaded, hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing your pics. We were at Pop Dec 12-18 and had a wonderful time as well.

Thanks for the report and pics! :goodvibes Brings back great memories from our stay at Pop last Christmas.

Thank you for taking the time to post such an awesome review of Pop. It really is a great resort for the price.

seeing these pictures made me even more excited for my trip in February. We are staying at Pop Century too!

We are planning a November 2010 trip. Our debate was over a pirate room at CBR or Pop...after much deliberation, it just came down to the fact that we LOVE Pop. Your post and pictures further confirmed our decision.

Thanks for sharing!

Even though it's only been 3 months since we were down there, looking at those pictures was great! We love Pop as well and will be going back for 2 weeks this fall for the 4th straight year. Pop has a charm to it that belies the fact that it is a value resort. Quite frankly, it is just this charm that keeps it rated so high among the people who have stayed there. We could stay at other resorts but choose Pop over all of them because of its high quality and friendliness. Thanks again for sharing your pictures!:thumbsup2:cool1::woohoo:

Thank you for your review and the great photos! I'm looking forward to staying at Pop Century for the first time on my next WDW visit.

Thank you so very much for the Pictures:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes. We where there back In Oct for MNSSHP and miss It so very much,Its nice to see pictures from home!.:goodvibes

A BIG thanks to all of you who have read and/or replied. :goodvibes

I downloaded the rest of my Pop Century pictures and will get them posted by the end of the day when I have more time. :)

We are thinking about staying at pop next Christmas but the wife wants to go back to CBR we stayed at CBR 2008 and now she's spoiled. I'll show her this post, it looks like you guys had a good time.

GREAT REPORT!:)I stayed at Pop Century the first week it was open in 2003 and Guests were calling it a Val-Mod resort.:)I love the All-Star Resort and stay there frequently,but Pop Century's Front Desk,merchandise shop,food court,etc. "feel" like a "step-up" from the All-Star Resort.Plus it has the lake and views of DHS and Epcot.:)

Now,if they would just finish the Legendary Years.It would really look awesome then!:)

I didn't get a chance to walk around the inner areas of Pop Century, but I did take a walk along the lake in the rear of the resort and took some pictures along the way. They are a series of pictures that I took from the beginning of the sidewalk near the abandoned part of Pop to the dead end on the far side. I hope these pictures show that Pop does have a softer side. -----

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

Our room is the second from the corner. All of the rooms had towel animals in the window. ---
130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

You will notice this guy in a few pictures. He was looking for ducks to feed some oreo cookies to. Go ahead and flame him for this, I'm right there with you. (he is my husband and kept getting in the way of my pictures. :rolleyes1) And by the way, he saw no ducks on this walk.

138.jpg

139.jpg

continued........

Great pictures! :thumbsup2 We stayed at Pop for the 1st time in May/June and we loved it. Your report brings back lots of great memories. Thanks!

continued.......

140.jpg

The main building is straight in line behind these trees, with the Generation Gap bridge directly behind. ----

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

continued.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter