Christmas at Fort Wilderness

Eeyoreloverforever

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have Christmas pictures at Fort Wilderness.

I am especially interested in decorated cabins!!

We will be staying for a few days in December and would love a few visual ideas!!

The campsites tend to be decorated much more than the cabins.
Some of the sites this year were WAY over the top.
I dont have any good pics, so far we havent figured out how to shoot night pics with the digital.
Scott

The campsites tend to be decorated much more than the cabins.
Some of the sites this year were WAY over the top.
I dont have any good pics, so far we havent figured out how to shoot night pics with the digital.
Scott

ITA with the way over the top. Seems to be a competition between the big rig, lengthy stay campers. Lots of lights and displays saying "look at me and what I can do".

Enjoyed the displays from previous years much better.

I have a photo of one of the Christmas displays, but the forum won't let me post it. How long do I have to keep earning my ears?!? :confused:

Just one pic ... and this wasn't even the largest display!

2627618590059001469WzZBKE

Well, that didn't work, did it!

Trying again ...

Decorationsforweb.jpg

... now if I could just get the photo to work in my signature I'd be happy!

When we first saw these displays, we assumed they were Disney creations. But we asked a bus driver, and he told us that the individual campers had set them up.

What do these people do with everything after Christmas is over ??? The people with the largest display were there for six months, and it's not like you have an abundance of storage in a motorhome! But I guess if you can afford a Prevost you can afford to buy the decorations each season and then trash them after the holidays are over.

I have quite a few pics from our Christmas trip, and I'd love to post them, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. If some kind DISer would just point me in the direction of the directions - I'd LOVE to post them.

They were totally over the top. I couldn't believe it. There were quite a few with loads of decorations. They really put in a lot of work.
Last year was our first time at the Fort and first time at WDW when it is all decorated up for Christmas.
It is really neat to ride around and look at all the campsites. I don't remember any of the cabins being decorated when we were there.
We are going back again this year so it will be interesting to see if anyone out does their self.

When we first saw these displays, we assumed they were Disney creations. But we asked a bus driver, and he told us that the individual campers had set them up.

What do these people do with everything after Christmas is over ??? The people with the largest display were there for six months, and it's not like you have an abundance of storage in a motorhome! But I guess if you can afford a Prevost you can afford to buy the decorations each season and then trash them after the holidays are over.

One of the campers who works there seasonally told us these big rigs come in with HUGE trailers behind them loaded up with Christmas decorations.
(I for one wouldn't want to drive that around, those things are huge)

OK - here goes my first test at posting a photo. If it works -- this was part of one of my favorite displays I'll post more if this works.

Well, that worked - so here goes with some more from the campground.....

this is the tree outside of Trails End:

this was inside the Meadows trading post:

I'm going to try this again hopefully with bigger images......

inside the Meadows trading post....

Here was a particularly creative tree (I thought) - Pirates of the Caribbean Christmas tree....

I particularly enjoyed the creativity that went into this satellite dish....

another great display....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter