• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

we will be there from the 26th to the 3rd..its our 6th year going at this time...we love Xmas at the Fort!

Sooo excited! Although we're not staying at the Fort, my travel agent insists we can't miss the decorations that so many of you put so much time into (she's a December regular at the Fort).

I was trying to figure out the best way to see them and was looking at carriage or sleigh rides. But they're only 25 minutes!!!!!!!! Way too short.

I called earlier today and was able to rent a cart for Dec 17th. So for all of you who will be decorated that night, thanks in advance :santa: . We're really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Sooo excited! Although we're not staying at the Fort, my travel agent insists we can't miss the decorations that so many of you put so much time into (she's a December regular at the Fort).

I was trying to figure out the best way to see them and was looking at carriage or sleigh rides. But they're only 25 minutes!!!!!!!! Way too short.

I called earlier today and was able to rent a cart for Dec 17th. So for all of you who will be decorated that night, thanks in advance :santa: . We're really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Hey Robyn, look forward to meeting you guys too.

Dave

My family and I will be staying in the cabins at the Fort from Dec 27 thru Jan 2nd. After finding this thread, I'm even more excited to see everyone's decorations. I was wondering if people decorate the cabins too?
Kellea

Just wanted to say that while I haven't decorated cabins myself, I have seen pictures of them with rope lighting around the deck area. I thought it looked cool and helped 'shine the way' to your cabin from the bus stop.

Also, if you are not planning on having a golf cart rented, you might rent one for one night only just to loop around and view some of the decorations.

Have a good time!~

Just wanted to say that while I haven't decorated cabins myself, I have seen pictures of them with rope lighting around the deck area. I thought it looked cool and helped 'shine the way' to your cabin from the bus stop.

Also, if you are not planning on having a golf cart rented, you might rent one for one night only just to loop around and view some of the decorations.

Have a good time!~

Oh yes, the cabins DO decorate. Lots you can do on the deck and doorways. Second the motion for you to loop to see all the decorations around the Fort. Have fun. We'll be there starting this Saturday and can't wait!!!

Merry Mickey Christmas

We arrive at the Fort tomorrow morning! I've only been counting down for the past 340-some days. We are a little over an hour away right now, staying in a CG near Mom's house. Pick up a trailer this afternoon to haul Mom's golfcart, do some last minute grocery shopping, and get a restless night's sleep and then we are on our way! Can you tell I'm excited? This is likely my last Christmas at the Fort for a very long time and I intend to enjoy the stuffing out of it!

ShantaClausSm.png

We arrive at the Fort tomorrow morning! I've only been counting down for the past 340-some days. We are a little over an hour away right now, staying in a CG near Mom's house. Pick up a trailer this afternoon to haul Mom's golfcart, do some last minute grocery shopping, and get a restless night's sleep and then we are on our way! Can you tell I'm excited? This is likely my last Christmas at the Fort for a very long time and I intend to enjoy the stuffing out of it!

ShantaClausSm.png

I'm so excited for you! We'll surely look you up. Can't wait to get an update of your site number and all the excitement when you arrive. We'll arrive between 3-4 pm on Saturday. Enjoy :yay:

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey Shan-man. Sounds like you are totally stoked. Look forward to seeing you again. Oh, by the way,,, Red or white??

Dave

Have a good time!~

Thanks alot! Traveling with the ex, his mom and our kids so I'm sure I will need time out of the cabin! We will be down a couple days after Christmas but I still think I'll tuck a string or two of lights in my bag. Also...was wondering about temps this time of year...I've always been to Disney in the summertime...I'm from Kentucky and the ex is from Chicago. He is swearing he's gonna wear shorts everyday but I dont want cold kiddos. First trip for him and DS age 7. We are celebrating my graduation as well. Any and all advice much appreciated!

We'll be at the Fort from Dec 21-26. Really looking forward to it!! I'll make sure to bring the wife and kids to see your castle Dave!!

Also...was wondering about temps this time of year...

I've been in mid December before where we had to buy ski hats and gloves for the kids. Also been where we went swimming at the water park.

More commonly I think the mornings are chilly (long sleeves/sweatshirt/wind breaker) and it warms up comfortably during the day. When the sun starts to go down, it gets cool again. We have worn light jackets and stored them in the locker when it gets warmer.

I plan to take blue jeans, short sleeve shirts, sweatshirt - and a bathing suit so I can try out the new hot tub!

Our fab five will be in the cabins Dec 15-21st. I am so excited to see all of the decorations! ]I haven't been to the Fort at Christmas since I was a kid.
Looking at some of you photos, something tells me the campers have stepped it up a notch. :worship:
Now I have to find a good way to fit a bunch of lights and a mickey wreath in my suitcase....

ShantaClausSm.png

shan why not coming back for a very long time?

The elves have unionized and are demanding more of management, so these little escapes just before the big night are a thing of the past... unless I happen to have a public appearance here in Florida. I might try to make contact with events managers at some of the big hotels here and see if they might like to invite Santa and cover some of my expenses. Failing that, it might be F&G, F&W and Halloween from now on.

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey Shan-man, only 5 more days till we arrive at the Fort. The castle show is packed into the coach and I am totally stoked. Hope you are having a GREAT time. Look forward to seeing you.

Dave

We will be at the Fort the 17th-23rd! Can't wait to meet everyone! I just tasked DH with making a rope light mickey head- I think he's happy to have a 'job' related to our trip. We will be in our medieval tent with our lime green mickey out front.

After thinking we were going to have to stay off property this year, I called three times and day and we will be at the Fort December 25 - January 1. We are so excited our last trip down before the baby is born!!! It will be a little interesting getting to the Fort from the Kissimmee Train station but one way or another we will get there and we are very excited!!:cool1:

I've been in mid December before where we had to buy ski hats and gloves for the kids. Also been where we went swimming at the water park.

More commonly I think the mornings are chilly (long sleeves/sweatshirt/wind breaker) and it warms up comfortably during the day. When the sun starts to go down, it gets cool again. We have worn light jackets and stored them in the locker when it gets warmer.

I plan to take blue jeans, short sleeve shirts, sweatshirt - and a bathing suit so I can try out the new hot tub!

We stayed at All Star Movies for Christmas 2006. That we we had weather all over the place. Sunny, Rain, Clouds, Hot & Humid, etc. We were in shorts for 3 days, sweatshirts for 3 days and t-shirts and jeans for 3 days then we came back to 30 degree temps.

We will be at the Fort the 17th-23rd! Can't wait to meet everyone! I just tasked DH with making a rope light mickey head- I think he's happy to have a 'job' related to our trip. We will be in our medieval tent with our lime green mickey out front.

Hi Athena - Are you Scadian?

My sister and I have talked about planning a trip with a big group.

Robine (Mountain Freehold, East Kingdom)

Hi Athena - Are you Scadian?

My sister and I have talked about planning a trip with a big group.

Robine (Mountain Freehold, East Kingdom)

Yup! We have a Panther Carousel 14'. This will be the tent's 'practice run' for Pennsic. We've only had it up for weekend events so far.

and ahem,

Draco Invictus! :lmao: Tirnewydd, Midrealm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter