Christmas at Disneyland??

Sparrowsgirl

Earning My Ears
I was thinking of planning a surprise trip to DL for my 8yr old for Christmas. I've been looking at the 23rd till the 25th, For about $1000. I was wondering if this was a good deal for only 2 night during a holiday. Also, has anyone else been there at Christmas time and have any suggestions about making the trip. :woohoo:
Thank you
Renee

airports and DL are very crowded - if you can add a day/night for arrival and then spend some time in DTD - then your two days at the park - and then fly home the next AM (maybe do Goofy's kitchen for breakfast first). Your stay would be 4 nights but would leave you less stressed and tag on a couple of things to "extend" DL for your child (and you) - then you don't have to take time for these on your DL days (as it will be crowded and lines will be long).

I think I have read that the 25th is one of the busiest days in DL. Last year we arrived just after supper on the 26, stayed until after breakfast on the 27, then returned on the 4 -7 of Jan.

As cool as it was, I would never go at that time again! It was soo crazy busy. But of course there are people who don't mind that.

I would guess you wouldn't get to do a whole lot on those 2 -3 days in the parks, but that is just my experience from last year speaking.

I am going Dec22-26. I figure I have never been to DL ( not staying on subject but with what is going on with air and the war I may jusy cancel it) the 4 nights is costing me 2400, I am staying at the GC theme park view,, 4 day hopper pass ( I figure I'll have it if I want, just a couples bucks more for the 4 day intsead of the 3 day. I think no matter if you go to DL or WDW the prices are jaked up for holiday season. Good luck on whatever you decide, maybe I'll bump into you. :rotfl2:

I'd strongly advise you to not go to Disneyland during that time. We went a couple years ago on Dec. 23rd and at peak time it was so crowded at all areas in the park that you couldn't even walk. I'm saying wall to wall people, crawling through the streets. Imagine people leaving a rock concert, and it was like that everywhere. I don't know how they could let that many people in the park. If you left for CA Adventure then you were stuck in a 30 minute line to get back into Disneyland when you returned. Not a happy place at all. We go the first week of December now.

Sparrowsgirl said:
I was thinking of planning a surprise trip to DL for my 8yr old for Christmas. I've been looking at the 23rd till the 25th, For about $1000. I was wondering if this was a good deal for only 2 night during a holiday. Also, has anyone else been there at Christmas time and have any suggestions about making the trip. :woohoo:
Thank you
Renee

I would need more information on hotel/resort picked

I just priced a 4 night stay for a client with 4 day hoppers for under $1,000. They are staying Dec. 16-20th. I hope this helps

I've decided to still do it, even with the crowds. :crazy: But I'm going to add a day or two so we aren't that rushed.

Thanks again :cheer2:

Sparrowsgirl said:
I've decided to still do it, even with the crowds. :crazy: But I'm going to add a day or two so we aren't that rushed.

Thanks again :cheer2:

I'll be seeing you there, :santa: I know it is going to be crowded :crowded: but that is the least of my worries, I am scared daylights to get on the plane. :worried:

GailT said:
I'll be seeing you there, :santa: I know it is going to be crowded :crowded: but that is the least of my worries, I am scared daylights to get on the plane. :worried:

I know what you mean. We are heading to WDW for our first time in Sept. and I'm just trying to keep the kids from hearing about whats going on. All I need is 2 freaked out girls.... :furious:

Sparrowsgirl said:
I know what you mean. We are heading to WDW for our first time in Sept. and I'm just trying to keep the kids from hearing about whats going on. All I need is 2 freaked out girls.... :furious:

I seem to think Florida is safer then going to CA. I called up and got a package plan, it would cost me allot more then the trip to CA and Las Vegas and I would be staying 2 nights less

Sparrowsgirl said:
Thank you
Renee

I would never go during those days...they are the worst ever...have you thought about just giving it as a christmas present and going maybe first few days after new years?

disneegrl4eva said:
I would never go during those days...they are the worst ever...have you thought about just giving it as a christmas present and going maybe first few days after new years?

That's actually not a bad idea....she could spend the Christmas holidays dreaming about it and planning her trip. The Christmas decorations will be still up so you won't miss out on that. And you'd just miss the huge crowds. Do they do the holiday thing with It's a Small World? I saw that one year (a few days after New Years) and I don't care what anybody says about IASW...I absolutely adore it when it's "dolled" up for the holidays.

I have heard many times from many different sources that the week from Christmas until New Years is the busiest time of the year at DLR. I have also heard that the time from Thanksgiving until that time is the least busiest time of the year. :rotfl: I'm curious if anyone can pin down when it goes from slow to busy for me? We are currently planning on being there 12/18 through 12/21. Will we be in the slow or busy time if we stick with those dates?

We go almost every year and it IS the busiest time you can imagine, but it is also the most "magical" for us. :love: We don't expect to get on every ride and we have PS for all restaurant meals. We bring down Christmas lights for our room and do the little Disney tree and stockings - it's a wonderful, low key family time. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter