Christmas at Disney

Y2KMOM

Earning My Ears
Anyone who will be at Disney over Christmas pleas advise on what gifts you are taking. We definately have to take Santa gifts, but I am wondering if we should open some before or after we get back. We will also be meeting up with my MIL, FIL, SIL and BIL. So the children will not be deprived.

Thanks!

Our family will be there over Christmas, too. We are flying out on the 23rd. Since we are flying and have 5 children we've decided to celebrate a big, normal family Christmas at home on Winter Solstice (the 21st) before we leave so we don't have to try to take all of the gifts on the plane unwrapped. I just told the kids that we emailed Santa and he agreed to come early because of our trip. I'll still take a few small gifts with us and some small decorations so they don't feel like they're missing out. I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas on this or how they've done it before.

We have the advantage of staying in our RV (2nd home) at Fort Wilderness, so we will be taking all our gifts with us. I plan for DH & DS(12) to be opening gifts all week. :) The gifts that don't have anything to do with the trip, will be opened on Christmas morning, along with Santa. I have alot of surprises planned for them, so I'm going to start giving them gifts on Dec. 23rd. They will open something they will need for the day. I.E. DS will be getting the WDW for Teens by Teens book on the 23rd, arrival day. On the 24th, first park day, he's getting a Hidden Mickey's book. The day we go to Wonder Works & Laser tag, he'll get those tickets, etc. For DH, the day he & I have a surprise carriage ride, he'll be getting a Mickey ice bucket, a bottle of champagne & chocolates. On his birthday, DS & I have the Sea World Luau planned as a surprise. He's getting a special shirt & his Luau ticket. They have similar gifts for the other days ending on Jan. 1st. I think I'm more excited about all their surprises than the trip. :love:

tarheelmjfan said:
We have the advantage of staying in our RV (2nd home) at Fort Wilderness, so we will be taking all our gifts with us. I plan for DH & DS(12) to be opening gifts all week. :) The gifts that don't have anything to do with the trip, will be opened on Christmas morning, along with Santa. I have alot of surprises planned for them, so I'm going to start giving them gifts on Dec. 23rd. They will open something they will need for the day. I.E. DS will be getting the WDW for Teens by Teens book on the 23rd, arrival day. On the 24th, first park day, he's getting a Hidden Mickey's book. The day we go to Wonder Works & Laser tag, he'll get those tickets, etc. For DH, the day he & I have a surprise carriage ride, he'll be getting a Mickey ice bucket, a bottle of champagne & chocolates. On his birthday, DS & I have the Sea World Luau planned as a surprise. He's getting a special shirt & his Luau ticket. They have similar gifts for the other days ending on Jan. 1st. I think I'm more excited about all their surprises than the trip. :love:

What a great idea! If we were driving I would love to do that! I especially like the surprise carriage ride, Mickey ice bucket, etc. for your DH. I can see why you're excited, it sounds like a lot of fun! :cool1:

we are also flying out on the 23rd. We asked the kids last year if they would be okay if Santa sent us to Florida and not bring our presents to our home and they were good with that. (dd 8yr ds 11yr). I am taking their Christmas stockings though. I also know that I will be buying things for them all through the trip as well.

we are going to be there on the 21 so i have done my shopping for home,,,gave my kids money and am bringing a tree and there socks,,,i will also get them a few things there but not tons as we will have christmas when we get home,,,i told my kids santa may bring you a couple thing there but i am sure he will leave the rest for home since it will be hard to get it home and thats ok with them

How about celebrating on january 6th this year. 3 kings day? Bring a few small gifts with you and have the 'major' gifts on 1/6.
A lot of people celebrate this way.

we will also be sending a very small tree to the hotel. We have my family and my dh family Christmas after we get back so the kids will not be left out either.

Is there somewhere I can check these out for prices and such. I'd love to surprise DH with one of these something we could do just us.

Thanks Ardelia

We will be there Christmas week at Ft. Wilderness as well. We'll be in my parent's RV but with 4 adults and 2 kids in there, it's crowded enough without all their Christmas presents with us! We wrote a letter to Santa explaining that we would be gone over Christmas and asked if he would mind sending our presnts early this year. We're "doing Christmas" on the 19th this year. We leave on the 23rd so the kids have a few days with their toys before we leave. I'm bringing a couple of presents and their stockings for Christmas morning to have in the RV.

To be honest, my 4 year old is more excited about the trip to Disney than he is about Christmas! LOL

My 2 DS's know that Santa will be leaving their gifts for them at home because we'll be at Disney. I plan to run back into the house after we're all loaded up to go to the airport and place them under the tree. Other gifts from us are packed in our luggage (unwrapped). I actually packed them in a cardboard box to help protect them, and then placed the box (not sealed) in a duffle bag. We'll buy wrapping paper and wrap them in FL. We're renting a house and we're also buying a real tree or an inexpensive artificial one from Wal-Mart. I've packed lights, tinsel, & plastic ornaments. I may use the box to ship some things back depending on how our return luggage situation.

As for what they're getting... I went crazy on DisneyDeals (ebay auction site) and bought several things including many instruments from Mickey's Philharmagic! I know they'll like these because they asked for them in the shop on our last trip and I wouldn't let them get them then!

KsCrafter,
We are taking the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. I've seen pictures of the carriage decorated for the holidays, and it looks really neat. The cost is $30 + tip (which is at your discretion) for a 30 min. ride. I was told you paid in cash, prior to your ride, but I've read where some paid with their room charge. You do have to give them a charge card to hold the reservation, but it is only charged, if you are a no show. I booked the last ride at 9:30pm, hoping to see Wishes as we're finishing up. The number to call to reserve this is 407-wdw-play. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :wave2:

tarheelmjfan said:
On the 24th, first park day, he's getting a Hidden Mickey's book.

You might want to rethink this and let him have it for the trip. The quietest 13 hours we ever spent in the car was on our last trip to Orlando when DS10 was pouring over the book. Even at that, he wanted to take the book to the park each day to refresh his memory.

This was one of my best purchases ever!

Sheila

I was planning to save it, so he can have something to open every day. We always do our version of the 12 days of Christmas. I may end up giving both books to him early, because he gets out of school on the 17th & we don't leave until the 23rd. He'd have plenty of time to read them. We're very fortunate that our ride is only an hour, so there's not much time to get bored. :cheer2: Thanks for the suggestion! :)

We leave 12/18 early, so I've decided most of the gifts will wait until we get back. I've officially declared 1/2/05 as the holiday and invited the in-laws over that day. The kids are miffed about waiting, so I'm going to let them open a couple of family presents (DVD player for the ride, DVDs and a Pal Mickey) along with an individual present each before we go.

Santa will bring a small gift or two for each to Orlando and stuff their stockings. We bought a 4' artificial tree and I selected appropriate Disney unbreakable ornaments from our stash in the attic to take along.

I also plan to run back inside the house after the little ones are loaded in the van and let Santa put the last of the gifts under the tree.

Now if those gifts were just wrapped and our stuff packed, I'd be ready to relax and enjoy the trip.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter