Christmas and new year solo trip

PaulaSB12

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done a solo trip at christmas? I am thinking of staying at pop century from 20th december to 2nd January.

Although I was not there at Christmas, I was there at Thanksgiving in 2011 SOLO. I had a great time! The parks are fully decorated, and everything looks great (as if they wouldn't!). I stayed at Pop Century, and did not have any issues with buses or wait times. I will admit it had been years since being at Disney, so when I was told that was a big crowd weekend, I was not sure what to expect. I did not think it was too bad. Ride lines moved fast, transportation went smoothly, it was all handled well by Disney. Do take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours! I found that not too many people did, and the morning I went to Animal Kingdom, I was able to ride Everest 10 times in a row! And I have to admit, the photograph opportunities are excellent! I got some great shots of mist coming off the water, and I was all alone on the path to take the shots!

And being there alone, you are on YOUR time schedule. I was on the go all the time, but when I got home :-( I was RELAXED.

I am headed back October 10 for another SOLO trip for 4 days and so looking forward to it!

Ill be there partially alone. It will be me, my daughter and her boyfriend. Im sure they will ditch me somewhere along the way.

I also need a way to explain to my sister why I want to go to disney on this christmas rather than spend the time at her house. This christmas I don't want to be anywhere that reminds me of our mum as its the first one without her. I have always wanted to do christmas at disney and this seems to be a good time to do it. The pet sitters are available (and much cheaper now its only cats and chickens) but I don't want to upset my sister either as its also her first christmas without mum, I was her caregiver for the last few years of her life as she wouldn't let my sister help which hurt her feelings so you can understand why I don't want to do it now but disney at christmas will be so unusual that I wont have time to mope about mum. BTW she thought me going to disney at christmas would be a nice idea, she was hoping that if she got better I could go.

Christmas is my favorite time at the parks. I go numerous times throughout the holiday season, but I have the advantage of living an hour away.

Christmas at Disney is something that everyone should experience. With hardly any season changes in Florida Disney definitely puts you in that Christmas spirit!

I had been many time solo before, but last year was my first Christmas time solo. I had a blast and will return again. I though being there over the holidays would be weird, but I met lots of people when I wanted to and when I wanted to be a recluse, I could do that as well. It was definitely weird not being with my family on Christmas, but I took a small tree and decorated it in my room. I also made dining reservations and enjoyed all of the Christmas festivities. One thing that I liked, was the extra extra magic hours. It seemed like Magic Kingdom stayed open til midnight everynight.

First be honest with your sister, That works best and if not you know you did the right thing by telling her the truth. Now for you... I go almost every holiday season right after thanksgiving when the kids are back in school and the parks are all decked out. Nothing in this world can make me feel as good as disney at Christmas. Book some christmas events like Mickey very merry christmas party check under events on the disney web site and last year we did Holiday D-light tour. Loved it.

I am going on my first solo trip ever in one week and I can't wait! I'm looking forward to be able to do whatever I want when I want. I just bought a new camera and I figure I will be spending a lot of time figuring out the camera and taking pictures of anything. I am bringing my two dogs with me, so I am staying off property. I will park hop or whatever and also spend time relaxing in my hotel.

First be honest with your sister, That works best and if not you know you did the right thing by telling her the truth. Now for you... I go almost every holiday season right after thanksgiving when the kids are back in school and the parks are all decked out. Nothing in this world can make me feel as good as disney at Christmas. Book some christmas events like Mickey very merry christmas party check under events on the disney web site and last year we did Holiday D-light tour. Loved it.

We have started to meet up in London to spend the day with each other, its easier that way. So I spoke to my sister last weekend and she is ok with the plan she likes it it turns out she was worried about me being alone at christmas. She knows I can find it a bit overwhelming to be with her three teenagers so being at disney is a plan that she was not only ok with but really likes. She has given me a christmas stocking to take with me. Pop Century was unavailable so I have a room booked at CSR with a king bed. On a side note she is talking about going on a cruise together in 2014 as we both want to go on a cruise and going solo is quite expensive. So I finish work wednesday morning (working the previous night) and fly out on thursday so I will be going to the last christmas party.

I'll be there solo christmas week too (like last year).

All I can recommend is to not expect to get on all the rides ,. and it's crowded beyond all sanity.

But it's also very magical ,. at least there are as many "plus" things out in the parks and around the property as is possible, and Disney does NYE better than anyplace I've seen

(Plus things like characters out in the parks, parades, live shows, the Osborn lights and everything else).

So if you can enjoy Disney by the ambiance and environment, you'll have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter