• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas 2021 Discounts

Is everyone talking about cash bookings? Or does this include points booking as well. Just wondering. Thanks

Since I have never been to WDW in December I don’t know anything about December discounts ;) I am looking into the first week of December (12/3-12/10) as well as the last week of December (12/27-1/4). I believe it’s unlikely to get a discount around NYE but maybe at the beginning of December? Tia!
Yes usually first week in December has discounts. One of our favorite times to go. They usually have pop Warner and cheerleader week I believe but might not happen this year. Everything is different this year so not sure about discounts at any week. We are going oct 30-nov 7 and I have sticker shock because I’ve never gone without a discount.

It seems like discounts for the holiday season usually pop up around July / August. There was a general room discount last year during the pandemic throughout the season (if I remember correctly 10% value, 15% moderate, 20% deluxe), but not sure if they'd bring it back this year.

I am not even necessarily looking for specific discounts in December, but just looking for rates that appear to be a bit less than rack rates. Are people thinking that if some of the other resorts that are still closed open up that there will be a drop in rates?

Needing a discount for the 1st week of December! Hardly any resort choices, so I hope they open up a few more too!!

I'm concerned that with things starting open up again, and along with it the pent up demand for Disney, that there won't be any significant discounts for December.

I've been running some numbers, and for my 9 day trip for Xmas week, we could do it a bit cheaper by booking the Dolphin through Priceline and purchasing tickets separately than our current package at Pop Century. Sure, we'd have to do a few things different, but for what's being offered right now, it's starting to make sense.

Joining in watching for any discount/deals/offers.

It has been a long time since we went to Disney. When we did go, we did get free dining for December - as long as your check in date was prior to (I think) the 23rd or 24th, as mentioned in an earlier post.

We are currently booked in a cabin at Fort Wilderness for 12/21st - 12/28th. Would be nice to have any kind of discount - but we are looking forward to going either way.

Needing a discount for the 1st week of December! Hardly any resort choices, so I hope they open up a few more too!!

The first week of December is the most popular week for DVC. And with so many cash resorts closed, you won’t find a lot, unfortunately. However, the following resorts will be opening soon:

May 30: BC
June 6: WL
July 2: BWI
Summer 2021: Poly

Joining in watching for any discount/deals/offers.

It has been a long time since we went to Disney. When we did go, we did get free dining for December - as long as your check in date was prior to (I think) the 23rd or 24th, as mentioned in an earlier post.

We are currently booked in a cabin at Fort Wilderness for 12/21st - 12/28th. Would be nice to have any kind of discount - but we are looking forward to going either way.

We had a trip booked for December 2019 at Pop (which we unfortunately had to cancel) that came with free Counter Service Dining because we were arriving on the 23rd, which was the last day of the dining special. I'm hoping we'll either see a room discount or dining special for our trip this year, which coincidently is scheduled for a Dec 23rd arrival day as well! :)

I've been going to WDW pretty regularly since 1999 and I have never gone without a discount of some sort, so I'll be very surprised and extremely disappointed if there isn't any discount for December.

Joining this thread and hoping to hear good news!

ETA: If you visit the parks more than 11 or 12 days a year, then an AP is still worth it, even without a room discount. We used the general public discount for our recent stay two weeks ago.

Last edited:
The first week of December is the most popular week for DVC. And with so many cash resorts closed, you won’t find a lot, unfortunately. However, the following resorts will be opening soon:

May 30: BC
June 6: WL
July 2: BWI
Summer 2021: Poly

We switched our FW cabin reservation over to WL. Love WL at Christmas time. :love:

Still hoping HDDR returns by then. :thumbsup2

We are booked for October and December. Opinion only - no discounts because WDW will be at full capacity with the Birthday celebration and the holidays. I so wish fast passes would return - immediately. :worship:

I had a decent offer for Dec. 2020, and am hoping to get another for this Dec! Fingers crossed!

So glad I booked a long time ago for our November 27-December 5 trip! Hopefully there will at a minimum be a 10% discount on Value Resorts, although I think the highest I have seen it is 15% for them.

Any idea what the discounts in past years looked like for the first week of December on moderates? Just trying to get some idea of what to hope for! Thanks 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter