Christmas 2013....already planning?

Karlzmom

DIS Veteran
Sounds like a trip is in the making, and while I've planned several trips before I have a whole second family going and it will likely be Christmas week!:scared1::scared1:

So, need a great deal for 4 adults, 2 teens and an 8 year old. It will be a first trip with a picky traveler, so thinking a suite, CL, or DVC so REALLY need a code or promo, but worried that the options I would need will book up long before deals are released. Anyone have thoughts, input on where to put the 7 of us and experience with discounts on those rooms over Christmas? TIA!

After watching the Christmas parade, we really really want to go during Christmas 2013. The last few years we've been during October and MNSSHP with free dining so we're going to need a discount as well. This will be a big year, as our 2 middle kids will not be considered 'junior/adult' at 10 years old and our youngest will be 9, our oldest daughter will also be 18....yikes. Our oldest son moved out so we thought his absence on this past trip would equal out the other kids getting older but it seems Disney's prices increased just enough that it didn't make a difference LOL.....it was actually a tad bit more I believe.

Anyhow, I would LOVE to get a discount good for Christmas week or dining or anything.....right now it looks like it would be 5500.00 just for a suite at AOA for the 6 of us, with 5 day tickets. This year we spent just over 4000.00 and that included the regular dining plan in October....so we definitely have to trim the trip cost a bit before we can commit.

You have discovered that Christmas time is very expensive and when you get to WDW don't forget that restaurant and buffet prices are also higher. But there is so very much to experience during the holidays at WDW, we think it is worth every penny we spend. Since we are both school teachers the option to travel earlier in December just doesn't work, but that is a less expensive option.
The past two years we have been able to arrive on the last day of a free dining promotion and, of course, get that for the entire 12 day stay. But those have never been announced until late June so we book well before that and call to add the free DDP option when it is announced. Also, don't forget that the Candlelight Processional at Epcot can add an expensive option during the holidays. We couldn't travel to WDW this year after spending the past four Christmases there, but we already have our 2013 December trip booked. We are also planning a July, 2013, trip so we are planning two trips and can make ADR's for July in just a few days! Again, it is expensive but with planning and thought beforehand, worth every penny(perhaps I should be saying worth every C note!):goofy::goofy::goofy:

When is the last day of free dining usually in December? I've noticed it offered in December in previous years but again, we travel in October so I've never really paid much attention to what the last day is.

We have also decided to do a trip in December next year as well, but we are going to look at mid-December as opposed to Christmas week. We are looking forward to see the resorts all decked out for the holidays and the CP.

Be interesting to see what kind of discounts, if any are offered. We have decided that if free dining is not offered this year we are going to go OOP for our meals. Sadly, it just does not seem like paying for the dining plan is worth it anymore. :(

Already planning also! My daughter will be turning 2 two days before next Christmas, so this will be a combined birthday/xmas trip! Definitely hoping for any discounts! :goodvibes

Kathy and I (Jim) just booked early December 2013. Watching the parade on Christmas was too much! Was at WDW in September for MNSSHP again but really need Christmas! Went all out for CR MK Atrium Club Level. This will be a first time at CR for Kathy. Will not make the grand kids happy as they were just saying they want a Disney fix as well!

Karlzmom said:
Sounds like a trip is in the making, and while I've planned several trips before I have a whole second family going and it will likely be Christmas week!:scared1::scared1:

So, need a great deal for 4 adults, 2 teens and an 8 year old. It will be a first trip with a picky traveler, so thinking a suite, CL, or DVC so REALLY need a code or promo, but worried that the options I would need will book up long before deals are released. Anyone have thoughts, input on where to put the 7 of us and experience with discounts on those rooms over Christmas? TIA!

I started a thread not long ago asking how realistic it would be for me to book a cash reservation at a DVC resort then apply the discount code (typically 30% for villas) to my existing reservation. From the experience of others it appears that Disney has extremely limited numbers of villas available for discounts. No one who responded was able to make it work.

Renting points for a DVC villa may be a good option for you. There's a rent/trade board on here or you could go through a broker, such as David's rentals. Keep in mind that there are some differences staying with DVC than booking a room from Disney. You'll want to do some research to make sure DVC is the right choice for your group.

Best of luck with your trip planning!

My husband and I are seriously considering WDW next Christmas - we really don't want a repeat of Family Crazy Town next year! :crazy2:

What is funny is that our boys (8 and 9) want to be home for Christmas - they like the tree, opening gifts in the morning, playing carols on the piano. I think I can convince them otherwise. I just cannot take another post-Christmas blues pity party next year and I think Christmas Mickey is the ticket!

Of course getting a PIN will be the deciding factor - no pin, no WDW. Since we are left coasters we can get to Disneyland fairly easily so that will be Plan B.

Good luck to all of you getting a PIN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter