Christmas 2008 Mischief Elf-capades

This is the first time I have ever heard of this tradition! Sounds like so much fun. DD will love it.

Silly question...if the elf is there to report back to Santa on behavior, how do you explain the really mischievous things he does (like TP all over the living room!)??? I can just imagine my kiddo thinking it's now okay to do this.

At Marshall's!!
For $5.99!!!! :banana: :banana:
It is identical to the 11" Plush Santas Secret Elf Boy listed on Amazon for $14.00 Only difference is the one from Marshall's was meant to be a gift card holder - but I can fix that!
He's really cute - and they had girl elves too. They were back in the toy section with the stuffed animals.
Yay!!!

Thanks for this info. Off to Marshalls tomorrow.

I *think* the thought process is that the elf isn't really aware that s/he is causing trouble because things are so different here from the North Pole. That being said, I'm with you--our elf won't be causing much trouble. WAY too much work for me! ;)

Instead, our elf will be 'exploring' our house, items, etc. She'll read our "I Spy" books, play in the presents, ride the C-mas train, measure DD's stocking (head first!), etc. I think my DD3 is a little young to 'appreciate' the elf tp-ing the house--and I'm too OLD to appreciate it! ;)

I am SURE your elf can cater his/her activities to accomodate your family! Have fun! :banana:

I think our elves will be pretty well behaved as well. I don't want to give kids any ideas!! Our elves will just leave the normal messes that come from having fun -like sugar on the counter after making cookies or toys laying around after play.

I just got our elf today and I can't wait to share him with the kids. My two oldest kids probably won't be too into it(although they may surprise me), but I know my youngest 3 will love this. I ordered our elf from imaginatives.com and he is so cute. It wasn't budget, but I liked the story and the elf better than the elf on a shelf book and elf. I'll be watching this thread closely for ideas, and hopefully, I'll have some to share too.

here is my letter i have the perfect font for this

NOTICE

Recently I just received notice in the North Pole that there was a family in dire need to have a elf watch over their daughter, and to make sure she stayed on the Nice list. It is the utmost importance to keep her name from being erased from the man up north by Christmas Eve.
I hereby have been posted at a young girl named Celeste . Who I shall report her misdoings and deeds to Santa every night up to Christmas eve. I shall not be seen walking through out the house taking notes, I will be talking with her mysterious friend Miss Bunny; her letter was heart wrenching and covered in many teardrops I knew at once where I needed to be.
Sugarplum Mary has been posted at her school to keep an eye out there also.

most Sincerely,
Alabaster Minstix
Administrator of the Naughty & Nice list
Head Elf

here is my letter i have the perfect font for this

NOTICE

Recently I just received notice in the North Pole that there was a family in dire need to have a elf watch over their daughter, and to make sure she stayed on the Nice list. It is the utmost importance to keep her name from being erased from the man up north by Christmas Eve.
I hereby have been posted at a young girl named Celeste . Who I shall report her misdoings and deeds to Santa every night up to Christmas eve. I shall not be seen walking through out the house taking notes, I will be talking with her mysterious friend Miss Bunny; her letter was heart wrenching and covered in many teardrops I knew at once where I needed to be.
Sugarplum Mary has been posted at her school to keep an eye out there also.

most Sincerely,
Alabaster Minstix
Administrator of the Naughty & Nice list
Head Elf
I have read about all the other elves people are putting out for the kids. The other elves sound like fun and are sometimes michevious. If Santa were to send your mean snitchy elf I would tell him to take him back! What child would look forward to having this snitch in their house around the holidays?

I got my elf last night at Marshalls (thanks sadiebug!) He is very cute and only $5.99. The annalee ones would be good because you can pose them, but the faces scare me :scared1:

I can't wait to do this. I think he will arrive on December 1.

Time is almost here. Every one ready for the elf visits?
This is the first year for us. On the day before Thanksgiving the boys will each get a letter in the mail about some elf brothers that are coming to stay w/ us during the busy holiday. Havn't gotten the exact letter yet. They might be intraining might just need a play to stay out of trouble and not mess up what their parents are making. And that Santa will pick them up on the 24th. LOL
They will show up in a basket on the front porch on black Friday sometime. With thier notebook to interact w/ the kids. (or take notes). We have Charles Garland (Charlie), Fle Candy Cane (elf spelled backwards and he has red striped pants) and Jingle Jangle (JJ). They are the annalee elves.

I have a list of things for them to do but nothing to huge or messy. play games, hand underware on the tree, bring a treat, read new book, watch Elf on TV, fix breakfast, hand from the fan...

hi,

thanks for this thread. my husband now thinks i have lost the plot with christmas even more than usual! i am the biggest kid in the house from dec 1st. and it's not the kids up at 2am wanting to open stockings.....it's me!

my elf is being sent to me as i type, (Well the lady emaiiled me and said would post today), the bells are here on my desk for its hat and shoes. the main question i have is where do you come up with the names? is itjust a name that pops into your head or from a site etc?

amy

This is my first year doing this and I am excited! My kids are dd9 and ds7. I wondered if they'd even be interested, so I told them that I heard that you could write a letter to Santa and ask him for an elf to come live at our houses until Chrismtas Eve. They both fell hook, line, and sinker! DD9 is very gullable. DD7 wasn't so sure at first b/c I told them that he reports to Santa every night and he is worried about him actually telling Santa when he misbehaves. DD9 told him that Santa knows anyway. They are both anxiously waiting to see if Santa sends an elf. I ordered an Annalee elf from Annalee gallery. I was worried about the face, but the lady on the phone was very nice and understood what I was saying. She requested the warehouse send one that had a happy and nice face for young children. He is very cute! Jingles will appear in our living room Friday morning before we all wake up. I can't wait!!!
I think Jingles will be pretty well-behaved, not doing major messes....
Dh and I are thrilled b/c we know we don't have but a year or two of magic left with the 9 year old!

I just spotted this thread and I have to go back and read the first five pages, but I wanted to jump in and say I have my elf and I"m ready to try this this year! I can't wait to see all the great ideas and share mine, too (if I come up with any!). We'll be away for T'giving weekend, so I'm thinking maybe I'll start the elf stuff the next weekend. I can't wait!

my elf isnt really an elf but a dwarf from snow white! i found a really lovely 1 on amzon but only in USA and they couldnt get it shipped to me b4 17dec, i will get 1 4 next year if all goes ok.

i intend putting bells on dwarfs hat and feet and some xmas ribbon round his hat and possibly his belt.

my 3yr old has been asking daily if santa got his letter asking for an elf, my 6yr old isnt too sure on the idea, BUT he wants to adopt a reindeer!!! (LOL!). i told him we dont have a big enough house/garden.

someone said a few pages back about a complete list of ideas, i have taken the 1s from this thread but is there another list somewhere? the link from the organised christmas site doesnt work.

Thank you for the suggestions about what to do with Vincent while we are in Disney. I think he'll be invited up to Grammy's house for a vacation of his own. My mom will have so much fun with him, it should work out great!

By the way, elf-magic.com has updated their site with what their elves have been up to: http://www.elf-magic.com/ideas.htm

hi,
the main question i have is where do you come up with the names? is itjust a name that pops into your head or from a site etc?

I have read a lot of names, googled Elf names (mostly came up w/ mythical elves like in lord of the rings), asked the boys what a elf name would be and eventually came up w/ my own thanks to some help from DH

We have Charlie Garland Christmas (Charlie from DS9, Garland being a Christmas name and they all have the last name of Christmas)

Fle Candycane (Fle is Elf backwards, thanks DH, and he has red striped pants)

Jingle Jangle (like in the `classic Christmas movies)

Some have christmas names (Snow, Hollie, Twinkle...) some traditional people name some off the wall. If you search Elf sights some peopole have posted thier elves and the names for them.

Whoo hoo, I just picked up my elf at Ross Dress for Less. Alot cheaper than the ones on the internet but I have to admit the face is a little scary looking. :eek: Oh well, since it's poseable it will work great! If not, maybe it will scare the kids into being good! :scared:

Now we just have to come up with a good name for our little elfy! :idea:

hi,

i have bought a book which i have labeled "elf journal" i intend to write it as a diary type thing with photos, have any of you done this? if so what have yo added etc?

so has everyones elf arrived yet or are they arriving tomorrow like mine is? i cant wait!!! my eldest has announced that he wants to adopt a reindeer!!! LOL! we will see if i can get 1 to magically appear b4 xmas eve.

my elfs 1st mission apart from bringing advent calenders is to put xmas tree and decs up whilst kids are at playschool/school tomorrow.

Ours is arriving tomorrow also. But, I'm so unprepared.:eek: I have know idea what our elf will do first. Guess I will just figure it out as we go.:confused3 I did pick up a cute stocking at Walmart yesterday that says Santa's Helper. Our Elf will be arriving in that.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter