• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas 2006 at BCV?

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, I am thinking of booking a studio at BCV(where I own points) for Dec.18-22,2006. I have NEVER booked this close to Christmas and with the popularity of the BCV will I need to book 1 nite at a time at the 11 month window to get my nites at the BCV? (So I would call to start booking this res.on Jan.18,2006??) Any input or suggestions are appreciated!!! Thanks, Joan

Jan. 19th will be your first day to book 12/18. I would book day by day. I am in the proccess of booking day by day now for my vacation starting 11/25/06. When I checked with MS they said to book day by day. Good luck! I love DVC for always being able to have another vacation planned!

Joan S. said:
Hi, I am thinking of booking a studio at BCV(where I own points) for Dec.18-22,2006. I have NEVER booked this close to Christmas and with the popularity of the BCV will I need to book 1 nite at a time at the 11 month window to get my nites at the BCV? (So I would call to start booking this res.on Jan.18,2006??) Any input or suggestions are appreciated!!! Thanks, Joan

Your first call can not be until Jan 19th, then the second call would have to be on Jan 22, check your calendar the weekend is 20 and 21st. Normally I don't suggest daily calling but given the time and place I would do it. You will have to call on the 23rd for your final day. Don't forget to tell MS what you are doing so they will hold it open rather then send you a reservataion for one day, you will get yours for the complete 5 day period.

Hi - We are thinking of going to SSR December 26 2006 - why would we have to book our room one day at a time? This would be our first trip home.
Thanks for your help.
Suzylynne

You may not have to. SSR is much bigger than BCV.

If the OP waited until 11 months from the end of her planned stay then there might be some days that are already booked solid. Calling day by day is a pain, but it insures that you get the best possible shot at your first choice.

Even booking SSR day by day is a good idea according to MS. The first day takes the longest then each day is rather quick. The only time I book day to day is between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thank You to everyone for the QUICK replies!! I am SO EXCITED to be going at Christmas time,even if it is a YEAR away!! Now I will HAVE TO shop and be ready EARLY for Christmas 2006!! Oh I picked this time because it will be :bday: to ME on 12/18 and to my son on 12/21(he will be 13!) Joan

We own at VWL and wanted to try BCV this past Dec 14 to 18. We got the studio at 7 months.

By the way, BCV is a lovely resort!

I am planning a trip to WDW for next Dec 23- Jan 3 I am so scared about getting a room at BCV or BWV. I really want to stay at an Epcot resort. I guess I will call day by day as soon as I am able to. I would not mind VWL but I know there is no way to get that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter