Christmas 08 Heyyyyyulllllllllp!!

Butterflygirl

Earning My Ears
Ok,
Hubby and I have decided to go to the world for xmas 08, departing christmas eve eve and returning 2nd Jan.

I haven't really left myself much time to plan, we need the accomodation to be as cheap as poss but it has to be on site. (possibly pop century) We want to have the deluxe dining plan so all our meals are paid for. We also need the flights to be from manchester and again cheap as poss.

When do the flights for christmas 08 come out?? Is it best booking them asap and then coordinating accom etc later??

Where do you all book your accomodation and tickets from??? I haven't a clue!!!

Do you think £2.5k is unrealistic for the two of us (without spending money)

Please??? Anyone?? Panicing slightly as cant see any vacancies in any of the value hotels on the wdw site....

Hi! You sound very excited. I would try Mousesavers.com and also the official Disney website for lots and lots of info on accomodation prices ticket prices and seasonal rates. Have fun planning.

Thank you for your advice re the accomodation. I have submitted a quote request to them , so now I wait..........

Any ideas about the flights

Basically you are too early unless you want to book a package/flydrive.
Flights are not released until 11 months before your return date.
Have you looked at Disney.co.uk for hotel? Don't know how early they release rooms. Very rare we book until about 6-3 months from travelling.
Have you been before?
You say going Xmas eve? Not sure about other companies but Virgin goes to low season Xmas day so going Xmas eve could add a lot to your trip.
If it is your 1st trip I don't advise Xmas, your dates are the busiest of the year, not enjoyable unless you know exactly what you are doing.
You say cheap but then want onsite with deluxe dining, won't you consider offsite, we go for 25 nights offsite in August for less money than 2 weeks onsite. We much prefer offsite but we don't like the value resorts onsite.
If you are going to do onsite then might be worth getting an Annual pass for hotel discounts but doubt they will release AP rates until a few weeks before you travel.
Good luck

I wanted to stay on site purely because its so much easier......

We definitely want to go on 23rd December till 2nd Jan, both of us have been before! We wanted to rest assured that all our food etc is paid for before arriving....

I didnt realise the rooms arent released till later. God its so confusing!!

I wanted to stay on site purely because its so much easier......

We definitely want to go on 23rd December till 2nd Jan, both of us have been before! We wanted to rest assured that all our food etc is paid for before arriving....

I didnt realise the rooms arent released till later. God its so confusing!!

Yes it depends what you are doing there, if you spend most your holiday in Disney then on site can be easier. We do less than half a Florida holiday in Disney so offsite is easier, LBV area is perfect for us.
The thoughts of eating onsite for a full Xmas holiday would not interest me, having to book places months in advance with heaving restaurants is not my idea of fun, but if you have been you know what you are in for.
We stayed at ASMovies at Xmas 7 years ago, put us off onsite for life.

We stayed at ASMovies at Xmas 7 years ago, put us off onsite for life.Oh What Happened Wayne??

TTFN:)

We stayed at ASMovies at Xmas 7 years ago, put us off onsite for life.Oh What Happened Wayne??

TTFN:)

Just way too busy, buses took forever and way overcrowded with ignorant people. Did not like food court, rooms very very basic, probably one of worst rooms for size and ameneties we have ever had in Orlando.
We have just found for us Disney do great theme parks but after the parks we prefer to sleep and dine away from Disney.
Others love Disney 24/7, can't all be the same:goodvibes

Hi Gemma, nice to see you here too! :welcome:
Virgin Holidays already allows you to book those dates but it's very expensive, currently above your budget.

We booked our stay with disney.co.uk well before the flights were released, but they aren't available yet. Maybe it's worth giving them a call to see when they will be available. Disney.co.uk opens up earlier than the US version. We booked our flights the day they became available with Virgin.

We've booked our disney hotel for xmas 08 with disney.com and got quite a good deal. I love that time of year and if you plan well you can avoid the crowds etc i recommend you stay onsite though.

Hi Emily!!
Can I ask how you did this?? The website wont let me put in the dates I want it says

The dates you selected are outside the applicable dates of your package selection

We phoned them and booked through the US was really easy. Although we wont be able to book the flights for awhile though.

OK - Disneyworld.com are quoting $3,650 for a preferred room for your dates including Dlx DDP and 10 day hopper tickets with water parks. You could probably knock a bit off that price depending on what tickets you needed.

We always book direct with Disney in the US as it always seem more flexible. You can book the room with a deposit equal to 1 night and change it as many times as you like or cancel a package booking up to 45 days (6 days for room only) for a full refund.

HTH :)

We've added the magic your way 10 day ticket package with dining also.

Ok, we're booked!!!

Changed the dates slightly we are going 23rd dec to 29th dec in a standard room in pop century with deluxe dining plan for £1069 pounds is this good??

How do I go about organising the express pick up from airport to hotel etc?

You can book the magical express from the disneyworld website.There is a link to it somewhere .I think disney will have the number if you can't find it online.The price you quoted was that each or for both of you?If it was a week and you are staying at pop with ddp then yes it is good for 7 days for both of you.For 2 weeks your flights wouldn't of been much if any more so it would just of been the accomodation.I found attraction tickets direct cheaper for theor disney accom than disney itself especially for pop.We are going the 10th december for 2 weeks staying 5 at POP and 9 DVC (RENTING AT SSR) with dining plan 7 day premium pass and the new universal pass for £2800.Looking at the prices for the flights going this year at the times we want to go they are now showing as under £300 each.I have been watching them for the last 3 months and they have got lower every month.I suppose you take the risk by leaving it last minute but I know when we went last year there were a lot of empty seats on our Va flight.You will have a fab time.:banana: :cool1:

That price is for both of us. Flights for 23rd dec 29th dec 08 aren't out yet, I think I will just go for it as soon as I see something around the £400 mark.

Just bought the tourguide mike guide and my eyes are going wonky already!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter