Christians / catholics reconciliation ?

mommy2emily

Mouseketeer
My dd is going to make her Reconciliation on February 12th, does she need rto wear a dress and how about mom and dad sweater and slacks okay?
TIA

My dd is going to make her Reconciliation on February 12th, does she need rto wear a dress and how about mom and dad sweater and slacks okay?
TIA

Our kids had their Reconciliation in November. Most were wearing nice pants and a shirt with some girls wearing dresses (although not really fancy). We were in pants and a jacket or nice sweater.

What a wonderful day for your dd, congratulations!

At our parish the girls usually wear dresses, but not fancy dresses. And slacks/sweaters for the parents would be perfect.

If you are really nervous or unsure, give the person in charge a call--just to put your mind at ease.

Cathy

I think the degree of dress varies depend parishes and areas. Our kids were not given instructions on anything that they should wear, though most of the kids looked nice - khakis and nice shirts on the boys - most girls wore skirts or dresses, but not all. Parents looked nice as well, but were not dressed up too much. Slacks for mom was fine and dads did not have ties.

My daughter wore a cute dress that we let her pick out. DH wore khakis and a polo, me my usual one and only outfit that fits. (slacks, shirt, matching jacket). DS wore his school pants and a nice t-shirt (wasn't worth the fight).

Congrats, it is a special day!!

Normal church attire is appropriate for a First Reconciliation. Unless your normal church attire includes jeans. Then you should wear something a little nicer.

No one was dressed up at either of my kid's 1st reconciliations. I don't see a need to go out to purchase a new dress. As long as she is neat and clean, it's fine. That being said, I'm not a fan of jeans at church and my children wear dockers/polo and my daughter wears dresses (but she's five).

Not many kids dressed up at either of my dds' reconciliations. dd12 wore a dress (not fancy) and many of the kids that day were in jeans, football jerseys for the boys. Teachers were not dressed up either (jeans) I thought it was awful.

At dd9's reconciliation, the director said she wasn't concerned about the kids' attire because a lot of them were nervous and she didn't want to put more stress/pressure on them. Ok, I get that, but I still think nice pants and top is appropriate.

Most girls at my son's Reconciliation wore either skirts/sweater or a simple dress (no frills...think something you could wear with warm tights)...no jeans for the child or parents. I think slacks/shirt and/or sweater is completely appropriate for the parents.

We approached it like this...it's a special moment, we dressed to respect that special moment. That said, I did not buy my son new clothes, he wore his khakis and a button down and sweater that he already had...

Best wishes to your dd!

My mom has always taken my kids (she brings them to Mass every Sunday), but it's casual here. My kids have always been advised to get on line with the priest with the shortest one. First Communion, however, is a whole different ballgame - the girls wear dresses that cost hundreds of dollars, and get their hair professionally done, and the boys wear suits. For Confirmation, the girls wear nice dresses, and the boys wear nice pants and button down shirts, or suits.

My kids wear jeans, shorts, sports uniforms (if there is a game) to Mass, but it's an informal children's Mass.

First, congratulations to your daughter on this milestone.
When my DD went for hers it ws pretty much whatever you would usuaully wear to church on Sunday. Nothing too fancy, but not jeans--although I know many do wear jeans to Sunday mass.

My ds had his first Reconciliation a few months ago. It's a little different here, they had a few classes and homework In October, and then you just did the Reconciliation on your own whenever. They do it every Sat. afternoon at our church. So we went with a friend one Saturday (they were wearing shorts...our church is heavy on the 'come as you are'). The rooms are different too, it is all clear glass, but soundproof. The kids practiced this by taking turns yelling in there with their class!

I haven't been......I still remember the days of the dark closet where the priest couldn't see you, much less anyone in the church!

As a PP stated, church attire is just fine. My DD is making her First Reconciliation in April during the school day. She goes to a Parochial school so she will be wearing her uniform. I told my DH not to take a vacation day, it is so quick. I will take my lunch break at that time and just wear what I wore to work (slacks and a blouse or sweater).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter