Chosen as the Magical Family

mom2_fourgirls

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, Well we just got back from our first Disney Cruise (Wonder 2/1 - 2/5) and what a trip. It's really busy for me at home right now but I wanted to let everyone know what a great memory we have from this trip.

After all of our excitment at the boarding, deck party and fun we returned to our stateroom to get ready for dinner and found a letter in our stateroom. The letter indicated that our family had been chosen out of 2515 guests to be this cruise's "Magical Family". Well I can tell you - you have never heard four little girls shriek so loud in your whole life!

We were told to go to guest services to speak with Rebecca our Magical hostess for the cruise. First we told her that two of our girls were actually staying in Grandma and Grandpa's room. She told us we were all included in the family! She told us that she would take care of our every need and there would be lots of little surprises during our trip. Well she was right!!

Our first surprise was four $10 video arcade cards for the girls. Then later that night, before bed, we found a tray of special sweets. On Nassau Day, we had another round of cokies and treats and we found four passes for all of our rental equipment on Castaway Cay. Oh my gosh - were we thrilled - floats, bikes, snorkel equipment etc. for all the girls. After we returned that night, again more treats. On our third day, we got an invitation to a special private reception with open bar and appetizers before dinner. Later that night, the girls found little stuffed Mickey's and Donal Duck's on their pillows. Magic! On the last evening, we received a letter congratulating us as the Magical family and there was a picture of all the characters on deck. They had all signed it. We also got a special certificate (suitable for framing)!!!

Rebecca was the best. She heard Grandma wanted a tiramisu from Palo's but we didn't have reservation's to go there on this trip. Rebecca managed to order Grandma and Grandpa a tiramisu from Palo's and had it delivered to Animator's Palate for dinner one night!

We had such a magical trip. The weather was absolutely perfect. The girls enjoyed every single moment in the kids clubs and on board ship (so did mom and dad)!

We must have been in just the right spot for that pixie dust to fall on us and we are so grateful for everything. Just thought i would share this special 'Disney magic' with all of you. I will post pictures and some kind of trip report soon!!

Wendy ::MinnieMo

Congratulations on being chosen as the Magical Family!!!:sunny: Sounds like a great exprience. So glad you had a good time.

We wanna be a Magical family! We wanna be a Magical family!! Ha! Sounds like you had a GREAT time! I can't wait!

Sounds amazing. I'm glad this little bit of magic fell upon you.

Denae

Sounds wonderful for you and the kids. Congratulations!

Hi,

How wonderful!!!!!

Allison an associate (DVC)

I can just imagine that happy girly screaming (I'm one of 3 sisters myself :crowded: ). I'm glad they included your entire family, even special dessert for the grandparents:happy1: , bet they talk about this trip for a long time to come! Thanks for sharing with us :)

How cool! I've never heard of this, but what a wonderful idea. Only Disney would do something so neat and special.

We were chosen as the "Dining Room's Family of the Week" during one of our cruises - every night there was a different type of snack for us (strawberries covered in chocolate, fruit bowl, petit fours, etc.) Very nice and very surprising to us!!!

Congrats to you on your selection - it's always fun to be given something special like that!!!!

Rae

Thanks everyone - I have had many people ask how we managed to get this honor. All i can think of is they pick a stateroom (by lottery maybe) and you are it! Not sure but it sounds good.

Wendy
I'll take pixie dust over snow anyday!

Wow!!! How Terrific!!!

One question. How quickly did you book your next cruise???

Though we weren't "magical family" on our last cruise, we rec'd lots of treats from room service all the time throughout the four days. Choc. covered strawberries and a signed character card, a bowl of fresh fruit, etc. Something arrive twice a day from room service for us. My kids loved it and felt very "special." Whatever it is, it works. Congrats on being selected -- I wanted to jump and scream right here (at a high school during my lunch hour! LOL) for you and your family. Gotta love Disney (not Comcast!!)

That is way too cool!!!!!!!

What a great thing for DCL to do. I have never heard of anything like that. I bet you had a great cruise.

:teeth:

WoW! That is so awesome! I am jealous:headache: I want to be the Magical Family! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter