Choosingn a resort for a Mom and Me trip

runner_princess

Mouseketeer
Hi. Will be heading down for a two-night weekend trip for the Princess Half with just myself and my mother, who is almost 70. I'm open to suggestions on resorts - I'm DVC, but this could be a cash trip. Here's my main considerations:
- Not too much wallking. She has very good mobility but does get tired easily
- Seperate bathroom and mirror/sink area
- WOW! Factor. Mom has not been to Disney since 1994, and the only place she has stayed onsite was at CBR, 4 times, which she adored. She grew up in south Florida, and likes a tropical feel
- Not super rowdy, for obvious reasons
- We won't be using the pool
- No AKL - taking a whole family trip there in 2014.

Where would you stay?

For "Wow Factor" alone, I would chose the Poly!

If I'm not mistaken the Poly doesn't have a seperate bathroom and mirror/sink area.

I would suggest the WL. It's all under one roof and I think has a "wow" factor, but not tropical.

I would go for POFQ for the size. You can walk at a leisurely pace from the front lobby to the water for the boat transport in less than 5 minutes.

FQ is different from BC and is a great themed location and it has the split bathroom that you desire.

It won't have as much WOW as a deluxe, but I think you would be very happy there.

Another vote for WL. When my mom had trouble getting around (before it was bad enough for an ECV) we requested a room on the lobby level across from the gift shop. We were maybe the fourth room down that hall. That way we were very convenient to the lobby, gift shop, and bus stops. I always get a wow when I enter WL - even after all these years.

I can't think of a tropical theme that either doesn't have the split bath (Poly) or doesn't have a lot of walking (CBR).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter