Choosing airline seats with Dissney pacakge

DISNEYGAMMIE

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this...

We have a package booked directly through Disney with the air included.

Can the seats be chosen in advance for our Airtran flights?

I'm not seeing a separate confirmation # for Airtran.

Thanks for your help
Donna

Wondering the same thing actually. I'm about to call Disney & see if they have confirmation #s.... we're travelling in a group of 10 that includes 4 children, so we definitely need to ensure we're together.

Update - called AirTran & gave them names, date, flight info & got the confirmation #.

Air Tran will make you pay at last $6 per seat if you choose early. They have other seating costs depending where you decide to sit.

It's a complete rip but I had to do it to make sure my family sat together.

Yes, it's too bad airlines need to go to a la carte pricing in an attempt to stay afloat. ;)

Interesting that Walt Disney World did the same thing with its park tickets several years ago and didn't draw NEARLY the outrage that the airlines do - pricing each feature separately to allow customers to pay for only the features they need/will use...

Yes, it's too bad airlines need to go to a la carte pricing in an attempt to stay afloat. ;)

Interesting that Walt Disney World did the same thing with its park tickets several years ago and didn't draw NEARLY the outrage that the airlines do - pricing each feature separately to allow customers to pay for only the features they need/will use...

Thank you for always bringing things into perspective here!!!! I always love your posts.

I have to say, I went from BWI to MCO via Airtran. I flew non-stop each way for $59.00 each way. I paid a $6.00 seat fee and a $15.00 baggage fee. I think flying less than $100.00 each way for non-stop anywhere in the USA is still pretty darn good - I don't see it as a rip-off at all as the previous poster stated.

Thanks again!

I have to say, I went from BWI to MCO via Airtran. I flew non-stop each way for $59.00 each way. I paid a $6.00 seat fee and a $15.00 baggage fee. I think flying less than $100.00 each way for non-stop anywhere in the USA is still pretty darn good - I don't see it as a rip-off at all as the previous poster stated.
I totally agree. Even with paying the seat fee and the baggage fee I'm still cheaper than what just the baggage fee is on Delta. With Airtran I paid $180 more for 6 people this year compared to the price I paid for 3 people last year flying Delta (which I had to drive to an airport over an hour away and fly into Tampa). So I'm not complaining about paying the seat fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter