Choosing a Date? Day after Easter or late May?

srobinet

Mouseketeer
If you have been to Disney during Easter/Spring Break please share your experience or suggestions.

I can't decide which time would be better. April's weather is definitely cooler but you have Easter and possibly spring break. My grandchildren get out for spring week April 14-18. My original plan was to go the last week school was in since the kids don't do any actual work. It is a play week (parties/awards, field day). This would fall May 17-24 and allow me to escape the Memorial Day crowd.

The girls get sick a lot in winter with sinuses, allergies etc. They have missed 2 days of school already for a virus and it's only been in session 10 days. Since we are off to such a horrible start I can't count on them being allowed to miss the last week of school.

We are going for 5 possibly 6 days.We could arrive the day after Easter. Is that entire week horrible? Would the crowds be compared to say middle of summer? I went for one day in mid April a few years ago and it was not crowded. Easter may have been earlier that year I can't remember.

We don't want to go the first week of June and I refuse to go in July or August due to the heat/humidity. We did that one time when my kids were little in July and I swore never again.

We will be staying off site either at Windsor Hills or possibly the Mariott village and will have our own car. The kids are in 3rd/4th grade so we won't have to deal with strollers etc.

Walt Disney World during Easter week is completely mental. If you can choose to go in late May instead, go then. It might be hotter, but the crowds will be exponentially lower.

Walt Disney World during Easter week is completely mental. If you can choose to go in late May instead, go then. It might be hotter, but the crowds will be exponentially lower.

I totally agree with FlightlessDuck. I would avoid Easter week if at all possible.

Thanks you just confirmed what I thought I just wanted to be sure. I will keep my fingers crossed that the kids don't have too many sick days and that we can go in mid May instead of late May or June.

Hello Dis - Friend

IMO - I would go during Easter.. We like the crowds and the Easter Parade is very colorful and the music is very nice. Of course, the Parade is not the center of attraction by any means.

Our time has always been mid July for all of our trips except for 2 Easter visits. The crowds are very different (Easter & Mid-July) a calm Family group during Easter and the can't sleep, don't want to sleep, hurry up and get it all in during the July Tourist Time.

We really like the crowds..:dance3:

srobinet said:
If you have been to Disney during Easter/Spring Break please share your experience or suggestions.

I can't decide which time would be better. April's weather is definitely cooler but you have Easter and possibly spring break. My grandchildren get out for spring week April 14-18. My original plan was to go the last week school was in since the kids don't do any actual work. It is a play week (parties/awards, field day). This would fall May 17-24 and allow me to escape the Memorial Day crowd.

The girls get sick a lot in winter with sinuses, allergies etc. They have missed 2 days of school already for a virus and it's only been in session 10 days. Since we are off to such a horrible start I can't count on them being allowed to miss the last week of school.

We are going for 5 possibly 6 days.We could arrive the day after Easter. Is that entire week horrible? Would the crowds be compared to say middle of summer? I went for one day in mid April a few years ago and it was not crowded. Easter may have been earlier that year I can't remember.

We don't want to go the first week of June and I refuse to go in July or August due to the heat/humidity. We did that one time when my kids were little in July and I swore never again.

We will be staying off site either at Windsor Hills or possibly the Mariott village and will have our own car. The kids are in 3rd/4th grade so we won't have to deal with strollers etc.

We went to WDW in late may this year, and the crowds were HORRIBLE. DH vowed we'd never do it again. Wait times were well over an hour (and some were over 2 hours!) for just about everything by lunchtime, so we HAD to do rope drop (which we do anyway, thank goodness) and get our favorite rides done first thing. We went in September when DD was in elem. school (she'll be 16 in 2 weeks), so we weren't prepared for such heavy crowds.

We were there the week before easter in 2012 and it was pretty crowded - but we still had fun. There was also a heat wave and it was in the low 90s the whole time- so far from "cooler" than May!

I personally wouldn't want my kids to miss their last week of school - sure it's not a huge learning time, but it's a big bonding time with friends - as a student AND as a former teacher, that week is such a blast - I woudlnt' want my kids to ever miss it - even for Disney.

We took our kids out of school the first week in May (our school goes to mid-june) knowing they'd miss a little but they are young enough that it's easy to make up... when they are older we won't do that.

do realize late may = schools in the south are all out and it will be quite crowded, too. You won't avoid crowds then at all... likely the same as Easter week.

the first week in may is lower crowds = wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter