• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Choose for us. One 9 YO boy & parents:

rvchat

DIS Veteran
AKL

Saratoga Springs

Old Key West

Thanks, standard room only.

We pretty much love them all, so it's hard to choose! :goodvibes

If it's a studio rather than a one bedroom, I would pick OKW. For us, the studios get too small with the sleeper sofa opened for sleeping.

If it's a studio rather than a one bedroom, I would pick OKW. For us, the studios get too small with the sleeper sofa opened for sleeping.

Thanks, only able to book studios due to price. BUTTT, we don't care, WE ARE ALWAYS out. :)

Have you stayed at any of them?

I have stayed at all 3. AKL is my favorite resort at all of WDW. I love the theming, the restaurants, the pools, etc. So if space is not a concern, this would be my first choice. The only negative, and it's a small one, is the bus ride to/from MK. It's a long way on a SRO bus at the end of the day.

Second would be OKW. I love the rooms here. They are bigger, the balconies are nice here. Landscaping is mature and with the building layouts, I love sitting outside and feeling like it's my own private garden.

SSR would be my last choice. I've stayed here 5 times and there's nothing wrong with the resort, it's just not a favorite of mine. I am excited for the new themed pool to open at the Paddock section late summer though. I think the Turf Club is a pretty decent TS there but the CS choices are pretty limited. For me, the best thing about this resort is the spa on property.

Thanks, only able to book studios due to price. BUTTT, we don't care, WE ARE ALWAYS out. :)

I would pick AKL :cloud9:

It is a beautiful resort! There is a lot to do around the resort for children such as nighttime stories around the fire, night binoculars for animal watching. There are 2 great pools. They also have arts/crafts activities for the kids and an option for the kids club if you want to go have dinner together. SSR and OKW don't have the kids club options (Not sure if that is important for you).

I absolutely fell in love with AKL when we went in 2007. It is very relaxing, beautiful and I LOVE watching the animals. It is like a vacation within itself:)

It is a beautiful resort! There is a lot to do around the resort for children such as nighttime stories around the fire, night binoculars for animal watching. There are 2 great pools. They also have arts/crafts activities for the kids and an option for the kids club if you want to go have dinner together. SSR and OKW don't have the kids club options (Not sure if that is important for you).

I absolutely fell in love with AKL when we went in 2007. It is very relaxing, beautiful and I LOVE watching the animals. It is like a vacation within itself:)

I agree!

I agree too!

AKL is my favorite resort on property. I'm super bummed that we're staying at OKW this summer instead of AKL.

Another vote for AKL....This is one of our favorite resorts, even with a standard view you can still use the public viewing areas to see the animals.

AKL pool view. It's not much more than a std view and you know you won't be looking at a parking lot.

Kerri

Another vote for AKL. Love the theming there. Second choice would be OKW because they have 2 beds in their studios.

AKL

Saratoga Springs

Old Key West

Thanks, standard room only.

We pretty much love them all, so it's hard to choose! :goodvibes

Saratoga Springs and Old key west have terrible bus service. The resorts are large, and the transportation is spotty at best.

AKL is in a very remote area, once your at the resort, your at the resort.

I would think about WL, or if your budget allows, YC/BC.

Agreed. We love AKL! The pool area is so wonderful and the restaurants are great. Plus we love that you can see the animals even if you don't pay for a savannah view room.

OKW. I love the layout of the resort. We always drive to the parks, so I like the location also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter