Choices, Choices. Club Level Info?

nroush313

Mouseketeer
I know a lot of you are club level experts :thumbsup2 so I thought I would come here for some info. My family and I have previously stayed at BWI CL and :lovestruc it! We are going to stay Poly CL at the end of this year and are now looking for a place to stay next May but are having some trouble deciding. We are leaning toward YC so I was wondering if any one had the menu for there? Is it mostly seafood based? I also thought I read that the lounge was small. Is this the case?
We are also open to other suggestions. We are not really leaning toward Animal Kingdom since we are a family of walkers. For example, BWI=walk around the lake and to Epcot. Poly=walk around to GF and short ride to MK. I am also considering the Contemporary. Is any lounge there better than the other? And what are their offerings? I would appreciate any info!! :cool1:

My favorite CL is GF RPC :love:. The lounge is spacious, has great views, the food offerings are plentiful, and the CMs are awesome :thumbsup2. One of my favorite things to do in the morning before everyone else gets up is to sit in the lounge with a cup of coffee looking out at the grounds.....it's a very peaceful way to start the day :cloud9:.

I know you already mentioned having stayed Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn however I would recommend staying there again. My main reason is their Cast Members who are simply the best people you will ever meet and having stayed there before I am sure you know that.

We are leaning toward YC so I was wondering if any one had the menu for there? Is it mostly seafood based? I also thought I read that the lounge was small. Is this the case?

I have stayed YC club level many, many times. It is my favorite of all the Disney club levels I have stayed at (which includes GF, BWI, AKL and BC in addition to YC). The lounge area is smallish (certainly smaller than the BWI club level lounge), but it is functional enough. I have rarely had trouble finding a seat there and, when I do, I just take my refreshments back to my room and eat/drink on the balcony.

As for the "menu" of the food offerings, there is no menu per se. The lounge is not a restaurant, nor is it intended to substitute for full meals at other Disney restaurants (although I know many people abuse this perk by trying to turn the lounge food into their own personal all you can eat buffet). That being said, there will be some seafood items put out with the evening hors d'oeurves, but that will not be the only type of food put out and there will be plenty of other items to choose from.

As for the "menu" of the food offerings, there is no menu per se. The lounge is not a restaurant, nor is it intended to substitute for full meals at other Disney restaurants (although I know many people abuse this perk by trying to turn the lounge food into their own personal all you can eat buffet). That being said, there will be some seafood items put out with the evening hors d'oeurves, but that will not be the only type of food put out and there will be plenty of other items to choose from.

Thank you for all of your information. Having stayed at other club levels I realize that it is not a restaurant but what word would you like me to use to ask what type of hors d'oeurves they serve? Ok, what is the list of food they sometimes serve? I thought menu was acceptable since they usually stick to certain items on certain days. Sorry. As for using it to substitute dinner, we are not that family either. I didn't realize that by asking for information about a particular lounge my wording would be picked apart in a negative way. :confused3

Some people eat a lot, others eat a lot less, just like at any restaurant or buffet. Agreed that the Club Lounge is not a restaurant, but where is there a sign posted limiting a guest to how much food they can take? In my experience food is always replenished in a timely manner, and guaranteed that if there were no people eating in the lounge WDW would cut back on CL staff (as they wouldn't be needed). For this reason alone the CL staff want the lounge to be busy.
Additionally, at a cost of about $100 /day to stay Club Level, food and beverages served are not a perk. A perk is when a guest gets something for free. I am paying for the food and beverages, and not abusing any privilege. How much food someone consumes really shouldn't be the concern of any other guest.

Thank you for all of your information. Having stayed at other club levels I realize that it is not a restaurant but what word would you like me to use to ask what type of hors d'oeurves they serve? Ok, what is the list of food they sometimes serve? I thought menu was acceptable since they usually stick to certain items on certain days. Sorry. As for using it to substitute dinner, we are not that family either. I didn't realize that by asking for information about a particular lounge my wording would be picked apart in a negative way. :confused3
To help you here is a link to the menu for Atrium Club Level/Tower Club Level floors at the Contemporary and it lists what their two hot items are each day from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
http://contemporaryresort.net/concierge_menu.html

I know a lot of you are club level experts :thumbsup2 so I thought I would come here for some info. My family and I have previously stayed at BWI CL and :lovestruc it! We are going to stay Poly CL at the end of this year and are now looking for a place to stay next May but are having some trouble deciding. We are leaning toward YC so I was wondering if any one had the menu for there? Is it mostly seafood based? I also thought I read that the lounge was small. Is this the case?
We are also open to other suggestions. We are not really leaning toward Animal Kingdom since we are a family of walkers. For example, BWI=walk around the lake and to Epcot. Poly=walk around to GF and short ride to MK. I am also considering the Contemporary. Is any lounge there better than the other? And what are their offerings? I would appreciate any info!! :cool1:

I've stayed at AKL, CR, BC, BWK, Poly CL's so far.

In my experience the food offerings at all are sort of similar. One of hte biggest differences of CR was that you can access the lounge 24hours a day.

Of all the staff, I atually though BC was BY FAR the best. WAY better than the staff we had at BWK - but mayeb we were at Bwk on an off-week. I guess I didn't like that the BWk staff seemed to be staring at us the entire time. The BC staff always asked if they coudl get us anything. The CR staff is good, but you usually have to ask for items. Once in a while they will volunteer information.

Of the places I've been, I'd probably say Poly and AKL had a slight edge on food quality.

One of the other biggest lounge differences is the type of beer each resort has. AKL has the special Safari brew. Also, we consider the rest of the dining options at that resort.

I don't know that I'd say we do any less walking when we stay at different resorts. If we don't havet o walk around our resort, then we spend more time walking in the parks. I do enjoy the BC/BWK/Swan area. I also like that from CR you can walk to MK - but it's often about speed for us. (how quickly we can get to the parks). AKL is my favorite resort to look at, and of all the resorts it has the most to see within the resort, IMO, since there's so many displays, the animals, and now the walkway to the new AKL DVC.

I am not a CL expert by any means, we've only stayed CL our last trip at BC, and we loved it. The staff was very nice, and the offerings were good. Different each night. I have nothing to compare it to, but we loved BC, and the staff went out of their way to make my daughter feel special. Always greeted her by name, and asking how her day was.

Can post of the GF site here due to censorship but if you do a search on google you should find a site rather easily

I have stayed YC club level many, many times. It is my favorite of all the Disney club levels I have stayed at (which includes GF, BWI, AKL and BC in addition to YC). The lounge area is smallish (certainly smaller than the BWI club level lounge), but it is functional enough. I have rarely had trouble finding a seat there and, when I do, I just take my refreshments back to my room and eat/drink on the balcony.

Umm, yeah, people stay club level for just having a cast member say hello to them and take a few dainty sips of wine and one chicken skewer a day. Ridiculous, there is more than enough food for everyone so there is no need to police the snacks.

I've stayed at AKL, CR, BC, BWK, Poly CL's so far.

In my experience the food offerings at all are sort of similar. One of hte biggest differences of CR was that you can access the lounge 24hours a day.

Of all the staff, I atually though BC was BY FAR the best. WAY better than the staff we had at BWK - but mayeb we were at Bwk on an off-week. I guess I didn't like that the BWk staff seemed to be staring at us the entire time. The BC staff always asked if they coudl get us anything. The CR staff is good, but you usually have to ask for items. Once in a while they will volunteer information.
Well we must have had opposite experiences because I found the Club Level Cast Members at the Beach Club would always stand in front of the tables bored out of their minds stairing at us and it made for an uncomfortable setting. Plus their lounge is too small which made me feel claustrohobic, and they didn't have enough tables for the amount of rooms they have.

However I found the Club Level Cast Members at the Boardwalk Inn to be the most friendly people you will ever meet, who go above and beyond to make their guests feel right at home. Plus their lounge is a lot bigger then the Beach Club and has a much better atmosphere.

Finally even though you can go into the lounge at the Contemporary 24 hours a day, at 10:00 PM all their foods and drinks are taken away for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter