Chlorinated Water - Many Adventures of Curious George

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Brandilovesdisney, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Brandilovesdisney

Brandilovesdisney DIS Veteran

I searched for this answer but I couldn't find it anywhere and I don't know what the Florida regulations are on water in theme parks. Does anyone know if the water used in the Many Adventures of Curious George is chlorinated or just recycled? My son had tubes put in his ears and the only time he can have his head submerged in water (or poured over his head) is if it's chlorinated. I know he would love this section of the park so I don't want him to even see it unless he can go in it.
    Thanks so much!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nytimez

nytimez Nihilist

Not sure of the answer to this -- but I know that in Disney, the water on Splash Mountain and at least some of the other rides isn't chlorinated. They use something else (I forget what, but it's supposed to have the same effect without the smell)... so be careful there as well if the water has to be specifically chlorinated.

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I don't know how to answer this either but I would think there is something like Chlorine in the water and not just recycled. I don't know who would know the answer to this question.

5. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Bromine is what you are thinking of

6. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

Yep, that's what our spa is treated with. Our pool is treated with chlorine though.:thumbsup2

7. phamton

phamton The Other Orlando Themepark Moderator

It is chlorinated tap water.

8. Brandilovesdisney

Brandilovesdisney DIS Veteran

Thanks so much everyone!!! I just wanted to make sure there was something in the water to kill the bacteria so his ears don't get infected.:thumbsup2

9. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

Thats because Bromine is more stable in high heat than chlorine.You can actually use Bromine in your pool too, though I haven't since mine is salt water

10. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

My guess is that it has to be treated with something. There is a LOT of water in that area with kids playing ;)