Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

I just looked at the email again. I had skimmed it before. I think that I got the 6 day reminder just because I checked in today and uploaded my info to go straight to the room. Maybe it is just a generic message that they have been adding lately due to renovations. At least that's what I am hoping for.

Not that I know of...I think at you'd have to check at your resort. But, again, maybe someone on here knows. I've never stayed at a monorail resort until this trip so I've only used it between parks and not on a daily basis.

ETA: Here's the Disney site that says to check with a cast member on your day of travel: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/monorail-transportation/

I thought my email was a general 10-day reminder but if yours was a 6 day reminder, I bet the email went out because they are planning more extensive monorail maintenance while we are there and they are letting us know.

I just got an email from disney and they said that there was construction going on and the monorail might not be working and to check the schedule. Does anyone know where I can find this info? Might make us replan our parks. TIA
so does that mean everyone will have to take the ferry to Mk or is it just certain sections that will be down?

so does that mean everyone will have to take the ferry to Mk or is it just certain sections that will be down?

I think it just means it may be down for certain periods of time in a day

ETA: I realized I didn't answer your question! For the times it is down, I think they will have the boat and then add buses as well. At least that's what I understand from reading other threads.

Last edited:
I am getting SO frustrated with trying to get a BOG dinner reservation for our trip. We leave tomorrow, have been trying since 6am on our 180+, the very first reservation we tried to get. Have been checking myself multiple times per day since with no luck. In the past week alone I have gotten four alerts that there was one available, immediately went to the booking site and three of the times have found the available time. I click the available time but before I am able to book it is appears to be gone (get the error please search again). Are there really still that many people searching and booking for that one time that I can see the available time but it is gone before I book it? Just had to vent. This is the hardest time ever we have had with ADRS this time of year. Between that , fastpass plus and the reports of the crazy crowds, long waits where there were none before, long fastpass return lines etc, we are thinking this will be our last Disney trip for a while.

I am getting SO frustrated with trying to get a BOG dinner reservation for our trip. We leave tomorrow, have been trying since 6am on our 180+, the very first reservation we tried to get. Have been checking myself multiple times per day since with no luck. In the past week alone I have gotten four alerts that there was one available, immediately went to the booking site and three of the times have found the available time. I click the available time but before I am able to book it is appears to be gone (get the error please search again). Are there really still that many people searching and booking for that one time that I can see the available time but it is gone before I book it? Just had to vent. This is the hardest time ever we have had with ADRS this time of year. Between that , fastpass plus and the reports of the crazy crowds, long waits where there were none before, long fastpass return lines etc, we are thinking this will be our last Disney trip for a while.

When you get to the point to hit reserve and then you get an error, it's usually a glitch in the system or your account. Try back in about an hour and it usually reappears. It seems to take about that much time to be put back in the system. That's happened to me 4 or 5 times. One time it kept happening every time I tried to book any reservation (even not hard to get ADRs) and realized it was my account! My credit card received an alert about fraud from one of the retailers I shopped at so they issued me a new card and closed the old one. I updated all my electronic bill pays but forgot my MDE account. So when I hit reserve the card wasn't valid to hold the reservation. But every time the reservation didn't go through, it showed up again in an hour once it got an error. One time I got an alert I called...but that made me nervous because then I was worried it really would be gone before the reservation system got me through. I did end up with the reservation. Although in that case it was where I lost it due to an error and was waiting for it to pop up an hour later and then I was calling the electronic system hanging up and then called and spoke to an agent and she found it and booked it for me!

I'm sure there are some cases where someone else is holding it as the same time as you but I would imagine from my experience it's more likely a system glitch.

Keep trying! And good luck!!

Thanks for the ideas, but I am pretty sure the reservations are just going that quick. I have tried booking other reservations immediately after as a test with no problem, I have also tried from both my wife's mde account as well as mine. I have tried searching again multiple times in the hour or so after it disappeared in case it was lost temporarily. I have tried from different browsers, my iPad and the MDE app. I have tried from the BOG page vs all restaurant search. It only happens with BOG. I will keep trying since I have been doing it this long but hopes are not high.

Thanks for the ideas, but I am pretty sure the reservations are just going that quick. I have tried booking other reservations immediately after as a test with no problem, I have also tried from both my wife's mde account as well as mine. I have tried searching again multiple times in the hour or so after it disappeared in case it was lost temporarily. I have tried from different browsers, my iPad and the MDE app. I have tried from the BOG page vs all restaurant search. It only happens with BOG. I will keep trying since I have been doing it this long but hopes are not high.

Try calling WDW and book it that way. Call about 55 mins after you last saw the availability since they usually re-appear in an hour. Good luck.

When you get to the point to hit reserve and then you get an error, it's usually a glitch in the system or your account. Try back in about an hour and it usually reappears. It seems to take about that much time to be put back in the system. That's happened to me 4 or 5 times. One time it kept happening every time I tried to book any reservation (even not hard to get ADRs) and realized it was my account! My credit card received an alert about fraud from one of the retailers I shopped at so they issued me a new card and closed the old one. I updated all my electronic bill pays but forgot my MDE account. So when I hit reserve the card wasn't valid to hold the reservation. But every time the reservation didn't go through, it showed up again in an hour once it got an error. One time I got an alert I called...but that made me nervous because then I was worried it really would be gone before the reservation system got me through. I did end up with the reservation. Although in that case it was where I lost it due to an error and was waiting for it to pop up an hour later and then I was calling the electronic system hanging up and then called and spoke to an agent and she found it and booked it for me!

I'm sure there are some cases where someone else is holding it as the same time as you but I would imagine from my experience it's more likely a system glitch.

Keep trying! And good luck!!

Try calling WDW and book it that way. Call about 55 mins after you last saw the availability since they usually re-appear in an hour. Good luck.

Give it an hour. This has happened to me multiple times, and I've even had it happen four times in a row to the same reservation, but it always reappears exactly one hour later. When this happened to me yesterday I was checking on multiple devices and I noticed the reservation appeared on the restaurant's actual page exactly one hour later, but it did not show up on MDE's dining search feature.

I like the idea to call WDW dining exactly 55 minutes later.

So I currently have an adr for crystal palace for 5 and my sister decided last minute that she wanted to join us. So....

If we can't get the number changed to 6 officially what if she just showed up would they turn her away?

She's also the type of person to cancel super last minute so if I can add her to the reservation and she doesn't wake up in time will they let just the 5 of us eat?

So I currently have an adr for crystal palace for 5 and my sister decided last minute that she wanted to join us. So....

If we can't get the number changed to 6 officially what if she just showed up would they turn her away?

She's also the type of person to cancel super last minute so if I can add her to the reservation and she doesn't wake up in time will they let just the 5 of us eat?

I think you'll have better luck with more seats than less. I thought my brother was going to join us for our trip and made a reservation for 6. He ended up not being able to make the trip so I called and explained the situation and the CM modified the reservation to 2. I think they can always modify the reservation for less, but not for more if there isn't availability.

As far as showing up with more, that's hit or miss from what I've read. I have no personal experience but some people have said they will try to accommodate you but you may have to wait past your reservation for an opening if there's not one when you check in. Others have said they may turn you away. But, I would imagine it's the super popular places that turn people away to keep people from showing up with +1 or +2 when they are already full. At CP, it's a buffet so maybe with the quicker turnover they can get your sister in!

Typically a 3 person reservation accomodates up to 4, so a 5 should be a table for 6. I would imagine if you call it could be added on. I think most tables are even numbers therefore going from a 2 to 3 people or 6 to 7 people would be more difficult.

The problem you run into is fire capacity. So if you call or show up with extras you are better off showing up early and knowing you all might be in for quite a wait. If it's prepark opening ADR note they will not let the extra in.

Not showing up with one is fine, but always best (karmically) to call so that someone else who has an extra can get in if needed.

Thanks! I called and they said they were able to add one more on but it hasn't shown on MDE yet so we will see. But it's good to know that if she decides 15 minutes before its time to eat that she doesn't want to go that there won't be any penalty.

Is anyone surprising their kids and not telling them they are going?
We leave on Sunday and my 4 year old son has NO clue! We went to Disneyland in May and he literally talks about it every single day....going on 6 months! We have to play games all the time where we pretend we are on Splash Mountain, and he watches the youtube videos of the rides constantly. He knows my mom is going to Florida, and keeps telling her she needs to ask her friends to take her to DisneyWorld. She is going to come over to "say goodbye" before her trip, and then we are just going to spring it on him. I think he is going to flip out! I have been waiting so long to tell him, the next few days are going to be torture.

I just found a Brown Derby reservation dinner for the day we were planning on being at Hollywood Studios. Do you think a 10 year old girl would like it or should I keep searching for something else?

I just found a Brown Derby reservation dinner for the day we were planning on being at Hollywood Studios. Do you think a 10 year old girl would like it or should I keep searching for something else?

Sorry, I don't know. I've never been there but I hope someone else can chime in. Have you checked the main restaurant thread for reviews of it? Have you looked at the menu and see if it's something she'd eat?

My Mim's H&V disappeared :( :( :(

Do you have the confirmation email that you got when you booked it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter