Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Has anyone thought about upgrading to an AP now that photo pass is included? If we upgrade one ticket, I think we will might save a few dollars by taking advantage of the merchandise discounts. Did anybody else run the numbers?

I'm pretty sure MM will be worth it. We got some great pictures last year, and the boys love to watch the 7DMT video. However, it was only $149 last year and we split it with the other family we were traveling with, so it didn't seem so bad. The increase in price makes it hard to swallow. But, I do like not having to haul my heavy camera around with me!

Everything is set. Made a Behind the Seeds tour reservation yesterday, since we're pulling the kids from school. They can learn a little something extra and do a report when they go back. :)
But I can't find enough to do to stay busy at home while waiting for our trip. So I decided I'm going to paint and redecorate the spare bedroom.... Disney themed.

we always debate the cost of MM too, but in the end it always feels worth it. most of my trips have been with DGF only--if we didn't get MM we would only have individual photos and selfies. we usually make it a rule though that we can't pass a photo pass photographer, we have to stop for a picture (unless they have a long line). we end up with tons of nice pics.

I'm not sure if WDW is the same as DLR when it comes to photopass photographers (called MM photographers at WDW). At DLR, you can hand your camera to the photopass photographer and they take your pics with your camera after they take the pics with their camera. So that's one way of having pics with your family rather than individual or selfies. But you won't have the ones on the rides, obviously.

Do they do that at WDW too?

I just clicked on Nov. 12 and saw this:

"Dinner Special Ticketed Event 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM"

There are no tables available but I'm hoping that Disney releases the reservations soon.

I'm not sure if WDW is the same as DLR when it comes to photopass photographers (called MM photographers at WDW). At DLR, you can hand your camera to the photopass photographer and they take your pics with your camera after they take the pics with their camera. So that's one way of having pics with your family rather than individual or selfies. But you won't have the ones on the rides, obviously.

Do they do that at WDW too?

Some photographers will, but I've seen them refuse to handle an expensive camera (or ones they felt were pricey) in case something happens. We have really gotten some amazing MM pics each trip.

Also, they did lose days of pics once on me (anything scanned on my DH's band was lost, but on mine it was fine). They were never found and I never got credit for 3 days of pics :(

So do check your pics daily because if they are lost, the best they can ask you is what were you all wearing that day and what day and time were you somewhere. Much easier to look and check every day :headache:.

A bunch of BOG opened up on MVMCP nights!!! Go now!!!! I just got a 11/10 at 6pm!!!!

I was able to get a 6:00 ADR as well!! That's not considered during the party right?? The hours show dinner from 4:00 - 6:30 and then special event for the rest of the night so I'm assuming I'm good at 6:00 without an MVMCP ticket.

I was able to get a 6:00 ADR as well!! That's not considered during the party right?? The hours show dinner from 4:00 - 6:30 and then special event for the rest of the night so I'm assuming I'm good at 6:00 without an MVMCP ticket.

I would say so :) as long as you have your reservation prior to the start of the party at 7pm :)

My night has been showing "Unable to check" online or bouncing me back to app page since I started trying 35 minutes ago. Was able to get a CP for 7:10, not ideal or first choice, but something.

My night has been showing "Unable to check" online or bouncing me back to app page since I started trying 35 minutes ago. Was able to get a CP for 7:10, not ideal or first choice, but something.

I'm getting the error that the page is down 'we had to duck out.'

I actually got my reservation at 4:30 this morning when Scout alerted me to the 6:00 opening. I tried to get on here to let people know the party hours were showing up on the website (although no actual tables were coming up yet) but then I kept getting errors on the Dis page about a problem with the servers. So I went back to bed! Hopefully you'll get the page to load soon and you get a table!

My son said he doesn't want to go to BOG, so I was able to get a 6:10 for 4 (DH and DS can have boy time), so it will be me and three girls four and under! Could have grabbed a 7:00 for 6, but this way it takes up less party time.

With the new party BOG dinner reservations opening up, I'm wondering if a 7 pm dinner is a good idea or bad use of party time? Thoughts?

Since the BOG xmas party resies have come out I have been looking for 15 minutes and have seen 4 different 6-6:30pm openings. I think people are dropping them for the later times so stalk the site ;)

Our biggest problem is that we are a party if 5. I've been able to split up into two tables on some ressies but have to do so over the phone with a Cm.
by the time I get in touch with someone, the BOG times are usually gone!

With the new party BOG dinner reservations opening up, I'm wondering if a 7 pm dinner is a good idea or bad use of party time? Thoughts?
We are choosing not to go to BOG during our party time. The kids don't want to miss any of the party! My thoughts are, if we are paying for the party we don't want to spend an hour or more eating during it. If you still want to take an hour+ for a sit down meal it might be worth it.

BOG never has characters, right? Is the advantage to dinner just TS instead of QS? Any other differences?

We are choosing not to go to BOG during our party time. The kids don't want to miss any of the party! My thoughts are, if we are paying for the party we don't want to spend an hour or more eating during it. If you still want to take an hour+ for a sit down meal it might be worth it.

I think I would land in this camp too--BOG isn't worth losing 1-2 hours of the party for. maybe for someone who hasn't been before, or who has been searching for months. I think I would be trying to book a time between 6 and 7 on a party night when you're not attending the party. that way you won't feel rushed to get out to the party. even if it means hopping from another park just for dinner. I'm just thinking, but my ideal might be our AK day, or downtown disney day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter