Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

It sounds like you were able to get some good ADRs! Hopefully you find Akershus before your trip! We still have some time and most of us on here still looking for an ADR hope that we see cancellations around the 60 day and 45 day marks before our trip. At the 60 day mark people can start making FPs and we hope the hoarders will let go of multiple reservations they are holding on to as they wait to finalize FP. Also, at the 45 day mark people have to pay in full and offsite guests can start making FPs. So, we can hope!

Of course, I know some hoarders hold on to the ADRs until the day before since they have that long to hold on to their reservations. So even once you get to WDW, keep checking for openings! Good luck!

thank you so much!! i didn't really know about the 60/45 days - this is kind of my first disney trip that i have planned myself :)

I have signed up for all of the dining search websites and unfortunately haven't received any notifications!! I know my requests are for very hard to get reservations, but I thought I would at least have one notification. I'm looking for Akershus anytime for dinner.
We are willing to cancel other good reservations to get into Akershus....but nothing yet. Anyone have luck getting Akershus 60 days or less? Thanks:)

Last edited:
Do any CP packages ever open up closer to the 60 and/or 45 day mark? I didn't book when they opened up and of course....now I want one. To make it harder, I want it at Via Napoli, which I realize a lot choose because it's one of the cheaper options. I wanted it because it's the one place my kids actually want to eat at, and would find something on the app/entree/desert menu. We do have a dinner ADR there for our last night, but it's later than I want and am trying to find earlier if I can't get a CP dining package. Of course the only available time I found for that is the exact day/time I have a lunch ADR at BOG. Like I can just move that right? LOL I've been watching the cancel thread and nothing there either.

I finally relented and subscribed to scout to search for another day for BOG or the CP package. So far nothing but I figure it's hard to get.

regards

I tried buddy for a H&V and I saw it the ADR listed on the cancellation board and I never got an e-mail or text. The ADR is now gone so money not well spent on my part I have always gotten everything I wanted as far as ADR's all on my own but with November being popular this year I though I better get a partner but it didn't pay off for me yet.

Give it time. Remember scout and buddy only search every few minutes. someone probably grabbed it quickly. One time I was going to cancel a Chef Mickeys and I had 3 requests for it almost immediately.

I have signed up for all of the dining search websites and unfortunately haven't received any notifications!! I know my requests are for very hard to get reservations, but I thought I would at least have one notification. I'm looking for Akershus anytime for dinner.
We are willing to cancel other good reservations to get into Akershus....but nothing yet. Anyone have luck getting Akershus 60 days or less? Thanks:)

I have had luck using scout to tweak my times and to get non character meals. For November the only character meal I have had a notification for has been Chef Mickeys. I have not had a single notification for CRT and it was months before I got one for BOG lunch

thank you so much!! i didn't really know about the 60/45 days - this is kind of my first disney trip that i have planned myself :)

fingers crossed! We don't really know that ADRs will open up but there does seem to be an excessive amount of hoarding this year. I was on another thread where I kept reading comments like, "typically I don't hoard reservations, but this year...." or "I know someone who has a reservation at every park for every meal for every day" or "I don't know what I want to eat this far in advance so we've got several reservations and will decide the day before." And then more of the "I don't usually hoard...but..." comments. So we shall see what happens at 60 and 45 day marks! Maybe nothing or maybe some activity!!!

Do any CP packages ever open up closer to the 60 and/or 45 day mark? I didn't book when they opened up and of course....now I want one. To make it harder, I want it at Via Napoli, which I realize a lot choose because it's one of the cheaper options. I wanted it because it's the one place my kids actually want to eat at, and would find something on the app/entree/desert menu. We do have a dinner ADR there for our last night, but it's later than I want and am trying to find earlier if I can't get a CP dining package. Of course the only available time I found for that is the exact day/time I have a lunch ADR at BOG. Like I can just move that right? LOL I've been watching the cancel thread and nothing there either.

I finally relented and subscribed to scout to search for another day for BOG or the CP package. So far nothing but I figure it's hard to get.

regards

Hopefully we'll see openings! I've also read a lot of reports about people being able to get an ADR the day before...so maybe have a placeholder in case you can't get CP but then keep checking even up to the day before, and day of, the ADR you want! Good luck!

Not sure I am even in the right place, BUT....How long does a breakfast at Akershus last? Our reservations are for 10:30? And I am trying to figure out my fastpass times afterwards. This is my first time doing ADR's. HELP

Really depends on character rotation, have waited sometimes to see all of the character's. I would suggest between an hour and an hour and a half. Enjoy your meal!

I got a prepark opening adr...have a few questions:
I won't have a car and don't want to pack car seats for a taxi. The buses won't be running this early, correct? How else can I get there?

I was only able to get a reservation for 2 for bog breakfast. Can I bring in 4 and only order for 2? One is an infant so she wouldnt normally eat and the other barely eats.

I got a prepark opening adr...have a few questions:
I won't have a car and don't want to pack car seats for a taxi. The buses won't be running this early, correct? How else can I get there?

I was only able to get a reservation for 2 for bog breakfast. Can I bring in 4 and only order for 2? One is an infant so she wouldnt normally eat and the other barely eats.

Buses should start running an hour before the parks open, so you should be fine using the buses to get to your pre-park opening.

As far as the ADR for 2 but having 4, I think it's an issue with seats not how many meals you order. So an ADR for 2 will get you a table with 2 chairs, more than likely. If you can have people sit on your laps, or show up and see if they can get you a table for 4, you can see what happens. We're a party of 2 and have, on occasion, been seated at a table for 4. I personally don't have any experience with having an ADR for a set number of people and then showing up with more or less. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I do think it's frowned upon since the restaurant is based on a set # of tables and reservations, especially the more popular restaurants like BOG. And, I would imagine it's not too uncommon for people to try to make reservations for more or less than what's in their party just to get in and then hope to be accommodated. But...maybe some others on here have first hand experiences with what happens in those cases. I don't know if they'd turn you away and say they can't accommodate 4 or if they'll just make you wait longer than your ADR until something does open up, or if you'll get lucky and they'll give you a table for 4.

Good luck!

So my reservation is at 810 but if the buses dont start until 8 (park opens at 9) I won't make it?

I'll just plan to have 2 of us go with the reservation then. Don't want to break any rules. Would all four of us be allowed in the park and I will be able to just wait outside with one of the kids or should I just plan on boarding the bus later? We have a double stroller and it is easier if we can all go together so one person can man the kids while the other takes care of closing and opening the stroller on the bus.

So my reservation is at 810 but if the buses dont start until 8 (park opens at 9) I won't make it?

I'll just plan to have 2 of us go with the reservation then. Don't want to break any rules. Would all four of us be allowed in the park and I will be able to just wait outside with one of the kids or should I just plan on boarding the bus later? We have a double stroller and it is easier if we can all go together so one person can man the kids while the other takes care of closing and opening the stroller on the bus.

Sorry - mistyped - my understanding is buses start an hour before the pre-park ADRs...so 7:00. At least from what I've read. I'd check with the front desk the night before to confirm and, if not then a cab I suppose.

I think they'd let the whole family in, and worst case scenario you can ask at check-in about your table.

I had a couple pre park reservations last November buses started running at 7am so no issues. They just came a little less frequently like every 15 min instead if every 10. Double check with the resort before you go.
Also when I was there last at BOG someone added on people to the ressie. The guy made a quick call and said all set but you have to wait a little longer to be seated. However you will be checking in at the turnstile so it may be more of an issue there.
I'd definitely all go together. MK lets the capacity amount scan in and wait by the train. There is a cute welcome show and at 9 you will be at the lead of the pack to head into the park. Plenty of non ADR people will be showing up shortly.
Lastly you can always look to see of a party of 4 opens up the day or 2 before. There is lots of availability last minute. Oh and when are you going? I went the week before thanksgiving last year and they changed a lot of MK openings to 8am so you may end up wanting to skip this entirely!

I know TS you have to count a baby or toddler as part of your party. I tried to get a reservation for a table for 4 a couple of years ago because DS was only 1 and wouldn't be eating at the restaurant (he ate before) and they wouldn't let me. We had to get a table for 5 because they said it was for fire code regulations. BOG breakfast is quick serve and I don't think they would have a problem if the restaurant wasn't at full capacity. It might depend on the CM if it is at full capacity.

Thanks everyone. We are headed there the 2nd week of November and will just keep an eye out for other reservations for 4.

I had a couple pre park reservations last November buses started running at 7am so no issues. They just came a little less frequently like every 15 min instead if every 10. Double check with the resort before you go.
Also when I was there last at BOG someone added on people to the ressie. The guy made a quick call and said all set but you have to wait a little longer to be seated. However you will be checking in at the turnstile so it may be more of an issue there.
I'd definitely all go together. MK lets the capacity amount scan in and wait by the train. There is a cute welcome show and at 9 you will be at the lead of the pack to head into the park. Plenty of non ADR people will be showing up shortly.
Lastly you can always look to see of a party of 4 opens up the day or 2 before. There is lots of availability last minute. Oh and when are you going? I went the week before thanksgiving last year and they changed a lot of MK openings to 8am so you may end up wanting to skip this entirely!

I worked hard to get pre-park opening ADRs, so I really hope they don't change my MK day to an 8:00 opening...even for that extra hour.

When they change the park opening to 8:00 a.m. do they release 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. reservations?

I worked hard to get pre-park opening ADRs, so I really hope they don't change my MK day to an 8:00 opening...even for that extra hour.

When they change the park opening to 8:00 a.m. do they release 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. reservations?
No the meals stay the same starting at 8am. Also they changed it only about a week before we left. AK opened at 8am most of the week so I dropped our 8am TH ADR last minute. The good news is the will release FPs during that time if u missed out on something you really wanted. My guess is MK will open early on 11/15, 11/19, and 11/20 and possibly into the weekend of 21 and 22. Also I think AK will open at 8am starting the 16th. At least that's what happened last year and it seems like even bigger crowds are expected this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter