Chip and Dale Campfire and Hoop-Dee-Doo

sookie

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
My son really wants to go to the Chip and Dale Campfire Sing-a-Long. I think this is at 7PM.

Would we be able to do Hoop-Dee-Doo before or after? What would be the best seating time? Is the campfire always at 7PM?

Thanks!

HDDR show times are 4:00, 6:15, and 8:30. So if you want to do the singalong (it does start at 7:00), you would have to either do the the early or late HDDR.

With younger kids I would lean towards the early show.

I would do the first HDDR show at 4pm. The show will be over well before 7 so you won't have to rush to get to it afterward. I think the Chip & Dale campfire would be a nice relaxing thing to do after a fun dinner show like Hoop Dee Doo.

Is the Chip and Dale Sing-a-long something an adult fan of Chip and Dale would enjoy, or it is something for kids?

I'd do the HDDR first at 4, then Chip and Dale and maybe stay for the movie. :)

If I remember correctly, the campfire begins at 7 pm in the fall and winter, but changes to 8 pm when the time changes in April. This might have changed, but I do not remember hearing about the change.

So, depending on when you go, the campfire may not start until 8 pm. If you want to do HDDR and Campfire, the safest time for HDDR is probably the first show. You probably could make the last HDDR seating if you are there when the Campfires starts at 7 pm.

The campfire changes times depending on the time of year, so make sure you check according to your dates. It is fun for everyone...we love it!

Hope this helps, it's from allears: It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuck Wagon. You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuck Wagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading

I'm debating on whether to go to HDDR at 4 or 8:30. I am thinking of exploring the campground, then doing the sing-a-long and then heading to dinner, but we aren't 100% sure decided yet! My kids will be 11, 9 and 7 when we go. I'm a little worried they will be tired but typically they are ok at fireworks and such at 9:00 so I am thinking the excitement will be ok for them...

There's a Disney movie after the sing a long, explore the campground! Check out the stables, (Cinderella Horses are kept at Ft Wilderness). Fireworks can be seen from the beach which is just a short walk from HDDR. Have Fun. I have some pics of the sing a long area if I can find them.

We just did this in November, we went to the 4pm HDDR and got out in plenty of time to explore. We did a carriage ride and saw all the Christmas decorations and then took the internal bus for the campfire. We bought the smores kit there ($10) and it was plenty for all four of us to have 2 smores each. Then we stayed for part of the movie. We took the boat back to the Contemporary right as Wishes started and it was like having our own Wishes cruise!

FORT WILDERNESS CAMPFIRE "411": (open to all)
1) Location:
. . . within the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds
. . . near Meadows Trading Post, behind swimming pool area
2) Transportation to Fort Wilderness
. . . car to Fort Wilderness parking lot
. . . bus to Fort Wilderness from almost anywhere inside WDW
. . . boat to FW from Magic Kingdom or Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . monorail to Contemporary Resort, then boat to FW
. . . most resorts have a separate bus to Fort Wilderness after 5:00pm
4) Transportation to Campfire
. . . take internal bus and ask for Campfire bus stop
5) Time
November-1 thru February-28
. . . Fire lighting with Chip-n-Dale at 6:30pm nightly
. . . Sing-a-long starts at 7:00pm nightly
. . . Movie starts at 7:40pm
March-1 thru October-31
. . . Fire lighting with Chip-n-Dale at 7:30pm nightly
. . . Sing-a-long starts at 8:00pm nightly
. . . Movie starts at 8:40pm
All movies & characters are outside.
. . . campfire show is held nightly if weather permits.
. . . if rain, sing-along is on trading post porch
6) Activities
. . . two fire pits right of movie for roasting marshmallows (thru the movie)
. . . marshmallows/smores available for EXPENSIVE purchase at Chuck Wagon
. . . Chip-n-Dale at fire pit for photos and autographs (approx 40-min)
. . . sing-along in front of screen, usually with a solo guitarist (appox 40-min)
. . . animated or live action outdoor Disney film (approx 1½-hrs)
. . . short walk to a play area
7) Things to Know
. . . free to any WDW resort guest (yes, actually free ! )
. . . one of few places for autographs not requiring a meal or admission
. . . bring a light jacket, as it can get cool after sunset
. . . seating is on benches and bleachers, so a pad is nice comfort
. . . there are grassy areas to bring a blanket and sit on the ground
. . . better yet, bring folding chairs
. . . fortunately, they do not grade you on your voice during the sing-along
. . . there is no dress code
. . . plenty of CM's around for child safety
. . . excellent bus transportation before and after Campfire
. . . good activity after the early show at Hoop-Dee-Do-Review
. . . you many bring you own marshmallows-food-drinks-beer-coolers
. . . pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, popcorn for purchase at Chuck Wagon
. . . coffee, beer, soda, juices available for purchase at the Chuck Wagon
. . . for rain, they move the sing-along, but you will still get wet
NOTE1: We find this to be a really great activity for either the first night at
WDW, or the last night before going home. Good time for family bonding, and
nice to veg-out. Do a Trails End dinner or Hoop-Dee-Do prior to Campfire.
NOTE2: For an option, you could view the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.
. . . Wilderness Lodge at approx 9:35pm
. . . Fort Wilderness at approx 9:45pm
. . . the parade goes dark if Wishes is at the same time and it is still near MK
. . . then the parade resumes

Did not even think of going to Hoop Dee Do followed by Chip and Dale until I read this post. Thank you so much. Already talked to sister and we will reserve the earliest seating for Hoop Dee Do and follow that with the sing along - the kids should enjoy both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter