Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill

labeach2002

Earning My Ears
Hi all, sorry this is a repeat post but I thought i'd put it in a better area of the forum.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill resturant.

Is this a character dinning? We made reservations but some information seems to have changed on the Disney web site.

thanks for the help.

labeach2002

The Garden Grill - Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast - Located in the Land Pavilion in the Future World section of Epcot this restaurant features lunch and dinner with Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Pluto, all attired "farmer-style". Kids' menu includes chicken tenders, mac and cheese. Lunch $20.99-A/$11.99-C; Dinner $27.99-A/$12.99-C. Reservations are recommended.

This was taken from allearsnet.com a wonderful helpful site... Hope this helps :goodvibes

My DS 8 and 5... favorite place. Food is better than average, not great, but a nice quiet change from the parks, lots of character interaction, kids get to decorate their own cupcake.

Food is awesome and so is the character interaction! I love it there! My new fav place to eat at WDW! Plus, it moves and that's just really neat! Mickey is there, so you can't get any better than that! :thumbsup2

The food is unpretentious, but well-prepared and tasty. If you get seated on the lower level you have a private booth and are almost completely isolated from other guests -- there's really nothing like it at any other WDW restaurant.

This is the one place we eat at every year. For us the characters are a bonus -- it would be worth the price even without them.

We are headed there on Saturday for lunch. (Unless I re-schedule since it's the first weekend of F&W - we might just head to MK and check out the new shows.)

I've heard the food is nothing special, but would just like o experience the restaurant and characters.

This is one place we have to eat at every trip. My DD 8 loves it. The food is good and the interaction is wonderful. :thumbsup2

Thanks to everyone for replying. We are leaving in a month and a half and doing some final planning.

Does anyone know why Chip and Dale at the Garden Grill is not listed on Disneycom as a character dinning experience?

thanks
labeach

PS, is there anywhere that lists all the abbreivations that people use on here ?

We ate there on 9/17 and the character interaction and atmosphere are great. The character interaction was probably the best we had all week (tied with LTT, I'd say). We saw all of the characters several times, and most of them even sat down at our table to play with the kids. They loved it!!!! Especially if you have small children, sit on the lower level in one of the booths...that way they are trapped and can't run off, plus the scenery changes and it keeps them totally entertained.

The make-your-own cupcake was very cute, but overall I was disappointed with the food. I had eaten there years ago and remembered loving it. The food was definitely not great this time. The meat had texture like that out of a can. Also, I was looking forward to the cheesy potatoes, but no such luck. They now have watercress mashed potatoes. Our server (Louis) disappeared quite a bit, which was the main problem we had. If the service was good, the whole experience would have been much better.

A nice surprise was that they had sweet tea! I was so happy with that! I had six glasses of sweet tea. Louis actually brought me three at once, then two more a second time. It was kind of funny. He was a nice guy, it's just that he was MIA most of the time...not that we are a needy group, but we waited forever between each course.

I'm glad we went back to GG, because the atmosphere really is terrific. DD4 and DS 7 mos. loved the characters. I doubt we will go back though. LTT is probably my favorite character meal. The atmosphere is great there, too, and the characters are lots of fun, too. Plus, the food is awesome! Never disappointed there! CRT breakfast food is also always good, but the princesses were rushed with us this time.

Hope this helps, let me know if you want to know anything more! Also, I will be uploading our pics today, hopefully, and I'll try to add one of Chip and Dale since the OP was interested in them. They were lots of fun!

Disney06Disk2047.jpg

Chip and Dale are cute in their farmer attire!

The Garden Grill is a must for our family. It's my DH's favorite. We eat there at least twice each trip. The food is more of an "at home dinner".

Just a suggestion, but, go on the boat ride under the Rest (forgot the name of it). It's a nice ride and they show you how they grow the veggies that are used in your meal.....Also, I agree with the poster that said to sit on the lower level.....You will get the best of everything here. A tasty family meal, QUITE, and the bonus is great Character interaction.

Have a great time.

Pixiedust34 said:
Disney06Disk2047.jpg

Chip and Dale are cute in their farmer attire!

Thanks for the photo..... DD9 LOVES Chip (and Dale) - not sure where the recent "crush" on this character came from - I think because they are always having fun no matter where we see them and they really play it up with DD (and other kids of course) .....

My over worked brain was not even thinking about them being there (now isn't the meal NAMED after them? Don't ask - sometimes I make myself wonder!)

I have been debating between MK for the new shows & EPCOT for the F&W stuff this weekend, but I think we will keep EPCOT - looks like they have some fun stuff for kids.

We are also huge fans of the GG and it's a must do for us on each trip. Out of 6 character meals that we have experienced, it remains our favorite. The character interaction is unbeatable, the atmosphere is great and the food is wonderful too.

We recently ate there over labor day weekend. We deicded to go at lunch. Huge mistake! The server brought out our dish to share with the three of us. It consisted of 3 pieces of shaved meat. You could get only two bites out of each piece. 3 baby carrotts. Maybe 6 beans. 3 thin slices of turkey. That was it. All this was on one plate. After we dished everyones plates up, it was gone. In two minutes we had eaten our food. The server was so surprised that we had eaten everything. Very honestly when she brought out our "platter" which was the size of a small dinner plate, we all assumed it was for one person. She told us oh no, this is for all of you to share. So if you are hungry do not go for lunch. It was a joke.
The character were good, very attentive. The food, No. It was so dissapointing. I hope that others who go have a better experience.

Krissylynne

krissylynne said:
We recently ate there over labor day weekend. We deicded to go at lunch. Huge mistake! The server brought out our dish to share with the three of us. It consisted of 3 pieces of shaved meat. You could get only two bites out of each piece. 3 baby carrotts. Maybe 6 beans. 3 thin slices of turkey. That was it. All this was on one plate. After we dished everyones plates up, it was gone. In two minutes we had eaten our food. The server was so surprised that we had eaten everything. Very honestly when she brought out our "platter" which was the size of a small dinner plate, we all assumed it was for one person. She told us oh no, this is for all of you to share. So if you are hungry do not go for lunch. It was a joke.
The character were good, very attentive. The food, No. It was so dissapointing. I hope that others who go have a better experience.

Krissylynne

Did you ask for more food? I thought it was a table style buffet? We were thinking of doing this one for our trip over the lunch hour because we enjoy the character meals.

You can ask for more food and they will gladly bring it to you. It's an all-you-can-eat entree, and they will bring as much food as your family needs for your meal.

Our server asked a few times if we'd like seconds on anything, and my kids did have seconds on the macaroni and cheese. Then, she wanted to know if they'd have a third helping!

If you eat at a family-style restaurant again at WDW, don't hesitate to ask if you'd like to have more food brought to your table.

This is what our lunch platter looked like. We also had the kids food (chicken, fries, mac & cheese) brought out for dd, though both kids ate from both the adult and kids meals:

Disney06Disk2050.jpg

The loaf of bread was bigger than that. We ate about half of it while waiting for our food. : )

We did ask for more food. It took about 10 minutes from the time we asked until the time we got the food. The taste was nothing to write home about either. I think that we could of spent the money much better elsewhere. If you want to see the characters it is great. Other than that I would go to a different place. It was just a dissapointment. I plan disney trips for other people, and have ended up taking this one of al the ADR's. I sent a couple people there before I went, and they asked for me not to book that one again. I am sorry if this is someones favorite restaurant, it is just nor for all. Sorry.

Krissylynne

krissylynne said:
We did ask for more food. It took about 10 minutes from the time we asked until the time we got the food. The taste was nothing to write home about either. I think that we could of spent the money much better elsewhere. If you want to see the characters it is great. Other than that I would go to a different place. It was just a dissapointment. I plan disney trips for other people, and have ended up taking this one of al the ADR's. I sent a couple people there before I went, and they asked for me not to book that one again. I am sorry if this is someones favorite restaurant, it is just nor for all. Sorry.

Krissylynne

Sorry, I think you just got a bad wait person. They should bring you more of anything you want. We found the service a tad slow, but our kids were happy and we were interacting with the characters, so it was OK. It's a must for future trips for us. :sunny:

krissylynne said:

Krissylynne

No need to apologize at all. I'm sorry you didn't have a good dining experience at The Garden Grill. Ten minutes is a long time to wait for your food request. The good thing about Epcot is that it is loaded with other restaurants to try. : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter