• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chinese Theatre Questions

Darkwing981

Mouseketeer
Well I've been away for awhile and it seems a lot of changes are happening around WDW. One of them being the removal of the Sorcerer's Hat, which had hidden the old Chinese Theatre. I've always had questions about the theatre itself so here goes...

What was the original purpose of the Chinese Theatre? Was it ever an attraction?

Why was it closed and sealed off from park guest for so long?

Are they're any plans to use it in the future?

For something that's been hidden for like 14 years, The Chinese Theatre looks like a pretty cool place.

It's the entrance of the Great Movie Ride :) It was never closed or sealed off, you just had to go behind the hat.

Well I've been away for awhile and it seems a lot of changes are happening around WDW. One of them being the removal of the Sorcerer's Hat, which had hidden the old Chinese Theatre. I've always had questions about the theatre itself so here goes...

What was the original purpose of the Chinese Theatre? Was it ever an attraction?

Why was it closed and sealed off from park guest for so long?

Are they're any plans to use it in the future?

For something that's been hidden for like 14 years, The Chinese Theatre looks like a pretty cool place.

It is the entrance and queue to the Great Movie Ride.

It houses the Great Movie Ride.

It was never 'closed ans sealed off' from guests. Where did you hear that?

It's being used now.

It was never hidden. It just had its view partially blocked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter