China Adults Only (or 20 yr old on Family Trip)

vakamalua

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who did the Adults Only China trip or anyone who went with a young adult on a Family Trip. We are thinking of doing China in 2010 and waiting for the updated schedule/prices. ABD told me they would be out in "early August." Depending on the 2010 dates, we would like to take our 20 yr old son with us. The problem is that the he is in college in early May and September when they seem to have the AO trips...

Would a 20 yr old feel totally out of place on one of the Family Trips? Has anyone had young adults in their group?

Were all the activities on the AO trip the same as described in the general itinerary?

Thanks

On our Viva Italia family tour, one family had their two college age children with them. They seemed to get along fine, and enjoyed the family experience, I think.

I'm here in China right now with my 15 & 21 yr old sons. They're too old to hang with the younger kids but they have each other. If your son/daughter is Ok hanging with family or other adults, they'll be OK. If they're looking to meet others their age, probably not the best group for that. My 21 yr old often talks with the guides, who are both in their late 20s I'm guessing. The trip overall is a great way to experience all the best China has to offer.

My three boys (this year 26,23, 21) have been on three out of four trips with us. Two trips were not adult only and I think they liked those as much. The younger kids loved them and they always had something to talk about with us older folk.

You may be thinking they were happy because they had each other, but over 20 years of being brothers combined with rather tight living quarters in the hotel pretty much had the opposite effect. If there weren't so many witnesses, they probably would have killed each other. Just another reason to love AbD. ;)

Dotti

I should add, if your adult-aged kids are kids at heart, they will appreciate all the magical touches that come with an ABD trip that you won't find with any other tour.

Thanks for your posts. Looking forward to August when the new schedule/prices come out.

I think my son would be fine on any trip--Disney kid at heart (so are his parents :)

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who did the Adults Only China trip or anyone who went with a young adult on a Family Trip. We are thinking of doing China in 2010 and waiting for the updated schedule/prices. ABD told me they would be out in "early August." Depending on the 2010 dates, we would like to take our 20 yr old son with us. The problem is that the he is in college in early May and September when they seem to have the AO trips...

Would a 20 yr old feel totally out of place on one of the Family Trips? Has anyone had young adults in their group?

Were all the activities on the AO trip the same as described in the general itinerary?

Thanks

We went on the AO China trip last Sept and the guides were able to devote 100% of their time and attention to us without one or both guides having to go off to handle the Junior Adventurer activities. We really liked that, but we did not specifically book the Sept departure because it was an AO trip - it just worked out that way. We have done other AbDs with kids and we enjoyed that just the same. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter