• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

China adoption

monami7

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, Mt DH and I have finally made the decision to adopt. We are meeting with the wasatch adoption agency this week. We want to adopt from China and I was wondering if any fellow disser's have been thrugh this process. I know there are great people here and would love to meet anyone who has been through this process. Thanks
Heidi

That's great monami7. I don't have any personal experience but know several people who have done the same thing. Why don't you try posting this on the general Community Board also.

Good luck

My brother and sister-in-law did this about 7 years ago. Its the best thing they have ever done! What a wonderful experience it was for them during the process as well as now having a beautiful daughter who is the apple of their eye! I was even thinking of adopting a little girl myself. Good-Luck to you. :grouphug:

Congratulations on your decision to adopt. We adopted our DD from China in 2000 - she's now 5 1/2. It is a long process and at times can seem endless but there is an end and it is a joyful one beyond anything you can imagine. I'd be happy to help answer any questions you have. Either ask here or PM me.

My wife and I are about a month away from receiving our referral from China (for those unfamiliar with the China adoption process, this is when you actually find out who your new daughter is...you receive her photos and medical info, etc.). We expect to travel to China to get her sometime in late May or early June (keeping our fingers crossed).

We just purchased a membership in the Disney Vacation Club and are already planning a trip back to WDW with our new daughter for next year (with both sets of grandparents in tow).

Specifics on our adoption process...

We used Great Wall China Adoption Agency based in Austin, TX. We began the process of gathering our paperwork in April 2004. All of our documentation was finally logged in with the China Center for Adoption Affairs in October 2004. As mentioned, we expect to receive our referral next month and expect to travel to China to bring her home early this summer. We expect that she will be about a year old (give or take a month or two) when we get her.

i would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

My apologies to the OP but Wills156-we are using Great Wall too! We are still in the paperchase stage (had final home study yesterday). What an experience this has been so far.

My sister and BIL adopted our beautiful niece from China in 2002. I am sure she would be happy to share her story with you. Give me a PM if you're interested.

Here's a picture of our niece Julia and daughter Katrina. They are both 3 and wearing traditional outfits from China!

julia20and20katrina2003MA10975469-0002.jpg

Jodi :flower:

Congratulations!!! I'm also adopting a little girl though not from China. Just know that it's normal to have many emotional highs and lows during the adoption process but wow, is it ever worth it!

The assistant to one of the people in my office has adopted two little girls from China. I just bought girl scout cookies from these darlings. It is great process. Good luck and enjoy.,

Monami7 - Hooray for you!

My sister and BIL just completed their SECOND adoption from China. Needless to say, we're crazy about both little girls. They are just gorgeous. The litte one is 18 mo. and older one is nearly 4.

We were at WDW last April with them and had a blast. There was only our one niece back then who was almost 3. She loved every minute of it - her favorite was Pooh and now when we ask her where she wants to go, she say "Mickey's house!". She's also our family Princess. :flower: She has the Princess bed set, Princess wand, Princess costumes. Talk about killer cute! And we'll soon be working on outfitting Princess #2.

The process for adoptions from China is long, rigorous (and expensive) but worth every minute of the hassle. Good luck!

DisFlan

DH and I have also started the adoption process. We're trying domestic first. DH doesn't meet the age requirements for some of the international adoptions (he's only 26) and for China I think you have to be at least 30 which I am :blush: .

We have good friends who have 2 girls from China and they are a super sweet family and the girls are just beautiful inside and out.

Good luck and keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter